Gamer tag change

Discus and support Gamer tag change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all. So I was thinking of changing my Gamer tag and wondered if there were any negative effects toward this? And also would I be able to create... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sniperdudex4, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Sniperdudex4
    Sniperdudex4 Guest

Gamer tag change

Hello all. So I was thinking of changing my Gamer tag and wondered if there were any negative effects toward this? And also would I be able to create another account and rename it to the name I have currently therefore allowing me to technically keep the
    name? The only reason I ask the second thing is because I have had this name since I had first started Xbox, quite some years back and so I'm quite attached to it.

:)

Sniperdudex4, Aug 27, 2019
  2. orik0n74 Win User

Error message when trying to access forums - Access Denied for Mr Messy Pants

I'm going to assume that what is going on is that you were issued a forced gamer tag change since the gamer tag may be deemed offensive. A forced gamer tag change can result in not being able to post on the forums until that gamer tag is changed.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Swapping gamertags

Gamer tags are tied to accounts and can only be changed when you go through the process to change the gamer tag. No one can give you a gamer tag to assign to another account.

So, neither you or as you stated, "people threating to take the tag as soon as it is chnaged" can take that gamer tag.

The gamer tag won't be made available right away if you change the gamer tag on that original account.
  4. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

Why did my gamer-tag change? It really didn't offend nobody ( BIgBOyLuvMiLPhz )it was a funny gamer-tag to make people laugh and this was my first time actually getting reported. My friends gamer-tag were funny but when they got reported they had to change
    there gamer-tag to something else or they couldn't play live at all and you gave them a (FREE GAMER-TAG CHANGE), how come I cant get that opportunity to change my gamer-tag?
  5. Spoilord Win User

Sea of thieves mix pot huntress figurehead

I did signed into Mixer with that Gamer Tag: . I changed my Gamer Tag recently maybe it changed there. My new Gamer Tag is Crusader Colin. Try that one.
  6. ApolloPigs Win User

Gamertag I need one for free

People should get a new change gamer tag as people change and gamer tags may be irrelevant now.
Thema:

Gamer tag change

1. Gamer tag change - Similar Threads - Gamer tag change

2. Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing gamer tags associated with email addresses.: way back when i first got my xbox360 i created an account with an email address but i spelled the domain name wrong. It worked even though its not a real email address. i just bought halo master...
  3. Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing MS account linked to a gamer tag: Hi, My son has been playing XBox games since he was 4 years old. He's progressed through all the XBox versions. His gamer tag and account was originally created under my email (which is also my...
  4. Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamer tag and now I can't sign into my profile on any 360 games: I changed my default gamer-tag after many years and now my Xbox 360 games will not sign-in or allow me to download my new profile from the Xbox one. Please advise....
  5. Gamer Tag Change

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gamer Tag Change: Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they met this company in an alley way? $9.99 to change your gamer tag. This was reasonable to them? I would feel weird paying $1 but I'd probably do it....
  6. borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    borderlands 2 ‘not signed in’ cant load progress from before gamer tag change: okay so my son decided he wanted to change the gamertag name. he had been playing xbox 360 borderlands 2 on the xbox one. once he changed his name, when he tries to log on, it jusf says ‘not...
  7. Xbox gamer tag changed and I was charged but signing into xbox and pc still keeps my old...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gamer tag changed and I was charged but signing into xbox and pc still keeps my old...: When I am signed into my Microsoft account and go to https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag it will show my true gamer tag that I recently paid for. But on the same PC when I bring up the xbox app...
  8. Is there a way to reverse changing a gamer tag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to reverse changing a gamer tag?: My sister change my Gamertag while checking names available without my knowledge , is there any way to reverse this , as even if I pay , I cant get my Original Name back as it Goes over the 12...
  9. gamer tag changed without permission

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamer tag changed without permission: someone logged into my account or most probably got hacked and changed my name and i want my other name back bfe8806a-2097-4560-805b-94deeb4cb821
  10. Changing gamer tag without suffix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing gamer tag without suffix: I would like to change my gamertag to my real username, as it was never allowed on the old gamertag system. The tag shows up as abalible using https://www.gamertag.net/. The faq for the new...