Gamer tag change

Discus and support Gamer tag change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all. So I was thinking of changing my Gamer tag and wondered if there were any negative effects toward this? And also would I be able to create... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sniperdudex4, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Sniperdudex4
    Sniperdudex4 Guest

Gamer tag change

Hello all. So I was thinking of changing my Gamer tag and wondered if there were any negative effects toward this? And also would I be able to create another account and rename it to the name I have currently therefore allowing me to technically keep the
    name? The only reason I ask the second thing is because I have had this name since I had first started Xbox, quite some years back and so I'm quite attached to it.

:)

Sniperdudex4, Aug 27, 2019
  2. orik0n74 Win User

Error message when trying to access forums - Access Denied for Mr Messy Pants

I'm going to assume that what is going on is that you were issued a forced gamer tag change since the gamer tag may be deemed offensive. A forced gamer tag change can result in not being able to post on the forums until that gamer tag is changed.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Swapping gamertags

Gamer tags are tied to accounts and can only be changed when you go through the process to change the gamer tag. No one can give you a gamer tag to assign to another account.

So, neither you or as you stated, "people threating to take the tag as soon as it is chnaged" can take that gamer tag.

The gamer tag won't be made available right away if you change the gamer tag on that original account.
  4. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

Why did my gamer-tag change? It really didn't offend nobody ( BIgBOyLuvMiLPhz )it was a funny gamer-tag to make people laugh and this was my first time actually getting reported. My friends gamer-tag were funny but when they got reported they had to change
    there gamer-tag to something else or they couldn't play live at all and you gave them a (FREE GAMER-TAG CHANGE), how come I cant get that opportunity to change my gamer-tag?
  5. Spoilord Win User

Sea of thieves mix pot huntress figurehead

I did signed into Mixer with that Gamer Tag: . I changed my Gamer Tag recently maybe it changed there. My new Gamer Tag is Crusader Colin. Try that one.
  6. ApolloPigs Win User

Gamertag I need one for free

People should get a new change gamer tag as people change and gamer tags may be irrelevant now.
Thema:

Gamer tag change

1. Gamer tag change - Similar Threads - Gamer tag change

2. I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...

in XboX Insiders
    I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...: submitted by /u/a_cute_ass_duck [link] [comments]
  3. Change gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamer tag: I changed my Xbox gamer tag to Clipx but it changed it to . Before I changed it it should me the numbers and I clicked on it and changed it to Clipx. Then when I hit confirm and checked on my Xbox...
  4. changing gamer tag that I was assigned

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing gamer tag that I was assigned: Hi. In a previous post someone said that I can change my gamertag to whatever I choose for free if I am changing the gamertag that I was assigned. So I have choosen a new gaming tag but before I...
  5. My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamer Tag is set automaically and cannot change it: when I tried to sign in the xbox.com and set my profile, error occurs and gamer tag is automatically set as stupid one. after that, I try to change it, error occurs too and does not change it....
  6. Minecraft gamer tag not changing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft gamer tag not changing: When I signed in, the Minecraft app asked me to change my name and I obviously did but it never saved! Xbox is claiming it did so now it's stuck on the autogenerated username and they demand I pay...
  7. I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change my Xbox live gamer tag to my Xbox tag so I can redeem codes: I have had the same tag for 8 years. A few months ago I tried to remotely move my Xbox tag, etc to my grandson's Xbox so I could play there. It ended up giving me another tag. Now I go to Xbox...
  8. Do I keep my G if I have to pay for the change my Gamer tag on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I keep my G if I have to pay for the change my Gamer tag on xbox?: Do I keep my G if I have to pay for the change my Gamer tag on any xbox? 81b24418-be91-422b-b4c3-f6c86a82bd46
  9. Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t change gamer tag on Nintendo Switch: I have looked at countless different thing but there all for xbox, not nintendo switch 17c97fe2-2d34-4b1d-b581-249cd7055b24
  10. you changed my gamer tag for what?

in XBoX on Consoles
    you changed my gamer tag for what?: why are you gunna change my gamer tag after like 5 years?? makes no sense. gamer tag was [mod removed]. how is that sexual or racist in any way? 2e9bbd86-2580-449f-8d87-ad1b71d7766e