Gamer Tag Change

Discus and support Gamer Tag Change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, a while back I changed my Gamer tag to "" and it changed. So everything went fine, or so I thought. Just recently I discovered that my Gamer tag... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ΛVERSE, Apr 10, 2020.

1. ΛVERSE
    ΛVERSE Guest

Gamer Tag Change

Hello, a while back I changed my Gamer tag to "" and it changed. So everything went fine, or so I thought. Just recently I discovered that my Gamer tag is now "#4781". I never agreed to this change and am very disappointed in this outcome.
    I was wondering if there was any way that Xbox could change the name back to its original state (without the numbers and hashtag) or could allow me to change the name again free or charge, due to it being an error. Thank you in advance.

:)

ΛVERSE, Apr 10, 2020
  2. orik0n74 Win User

Error message when trying to access forums - Access Denied for Mr Messy Pants

I'm going to assume that what is going on is that you were issued a forced gamer tag change since the gamer tag may be deemed offensive. A forced gamer tag change can result in not being able to post on the forums until that gamer tag is changed.
  3. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Swapping gamertags

Gamer tags are tied to accounts and can only be changed when you go through the process to change the gamer tag. No one can give you a gamer tag to assign to another account.

So, neither you or as you stated, "people threating to take the tag as soon as it is chnaged" can take that gamer tag.

The gamer tag won't be made available right away if you change the gamer tag on that original account.
  4. BIGBOY x 760 Win User

gamertag

Why did my gamer-tag change? It really didn't offend nobody ( BIgBOyLuvMiLPhz )it was a funny gamer-tag to make people laugh and this was my first time actually getting reported. My friends gamer-tag were funny but when they got reported they had to change
    there gamer-tag to something else or they couldn't play live at all and you gave them a (FREE GAMER-TAG CHANGE), how come I cant get that opportunity to change my gamer-tag?
  5. Spoilord Win User

Sea of thieves mix pot huntress figurehead

I did signed into Mixer with that Gamer Tag: . I changed my Gamer Tag recently maybe it changed there. My new Gamer Tag is Crusader Colin. Try that one.
  6. ApolloPigs Win User

Gamertag I need one for free

People should get a new change gamer tag as people change and gamer tags may be irrelevant now.
Thema:

Gamer Tag Change

1. Gamer Tag Change - Similar Threads - Gamer Tag Change

2. Forced gamer tag changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forced gamer tag changed: Hello, i recentley notices that my gamer tag had been changed by game enforcement. I dont understand how cumminsforU2002 is an offensive name die to the fact that a cummins is an engine and not at...
  3. Changing my gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing my gamer tag: I have wanted to claim this gamertag for a while now but when i go to change it, it says that the name is unavailable. After doing some tests i’ve noticed that it always says error when its An I...
  4. Comstem pic change / gamer tag fix

in XBoX Accessibility
    Comstem pic change / gamer tag fix: custom picture my xbox live account wouldn't allow me to use a custom picture on my account and xbox support messed up my xbox account i asked them to fix it one guy told me from xbox support they...
  5. I changed my name/gamer tag on Xbox the old one (Nightmar39597) is displaying in every game...

in XboX Insiders
    I changed my name/gamer tag on Xbox the old one (Nightmar39597) is displaying in every game...: [IMG] submitted by /u/TriXelUs [link] [comments]
  6. Gamer tag won’t change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag won’t change: I changed my gamer tag a week ago, but it wont update in games. It now shows my old gamer tag next to my new one. Is there a way to get rid of my old gamer tag? 1c9fe766-33f9-4169-9a42-cc5d508ffe5f
  7. XBOX Gamer tag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Gamer tag change: I wanted to change my son's gamertag and so was signed into his xbox profile and chose the option to change it. When I selected this it took me to a new page and without me knowing signed me in...
  8. I want to change my gamer tag without paying

in XboX Insiders
    I want to change my gamer tag without paying: So my Microsoft account was recently hacked by someone. Here's the case ID 1500271593. However I got my account back (thanks to the support team) , I realised that my gamer tag has been changed...
  9. If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I change my gamer tag will it affect anything my Microsoft account is linked to?: So I'm thinking of changing my GT since we get a free one. Will this affect things such as the Xbox Ambassador Programme or anything else my account is linked to?...
  10. Want to change gamer tag back to what it originally was.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to change gamer tag back to what it originally was.: Just recently i changed my gamertag to “do you cuss” thinking it was funny and in the moment it was but now i want to change my name back to what it originally was. I used my free name change to...