Gamer Tag Name Change

Discus and support Gamer Tag Name Change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This does not seem like a new problem, until it happens to you. On may 31st, 2014 my GT was change at some point during the day. There was no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PrudentTulip, Jun 10, 2014.

1. PrudentTulip
    PrudentTulip Guest

Gamer Tag Name Change

This does not seem like a new problem, until it happens to you. On may 31st, 2014 my GT was change at some point during the day. There was no purchase to change the name, only my crafty 3 year old purchasing a motorcycle game app @ 0630 am while everyone
    was sleeping and he snuck onto the console. No emails indicating my previous GT was in violation, especially interesting since it was originally assigned to me in 2012 by Xbox Live in the first place. I just want my old name back, I liked it, I miss it,
    and I want to know how this happened? I spent a great amount of time w/ Xbox chat and according to them, my original name does not even exist anymore. she suggested I contact the forum for help. Any Ideas???

Thanks

:)

PrudentTulip, Jun 10, 2014
  2. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Jun 10, 2014
  3. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Jun 10, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gamer Tag Name Change

For an official answer for why it was changed, you would need to post here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

If it was changed because it violated the code of conduct then it is not possible to get it back.

Smwutches, Jun 10, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Live Gamertag

Nope free gamer tag changes can be issued if it is within first 30 days of creation

Xbox support cannot give you a free gamer tag change

It does not matter if your name is in the gamer tag as it is not enough to reset your passwords and since it is not part of your login info unless you have a bad habit of telling everyone that's your name Noone will even guess that

Nor is a forced gamer tag change will satisfy you as you will get a random name

You will have to pay for a change
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gamer Tag Name Change

For an official answer for why it was changed, you would need to post here -
    forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

If it was changed because it violated the code of conduct then it is not possible to get it back.
  7. Auswulf Win User

Gamer tag

Your gamer tag was deemed inappropriate or offensive and they changed it because it violated the code of conduct.

You can argue to your blue in the face but you wont get the gamer tag name back.

If you are wondering why you didn't get a free name change you can blame the people that abused the system by just changing the gamertag to another offensive or inappropriate gamer tag.

So I suggest you let it go and either use the gamer tag you were given or buy some points and change it to an appropriate gamer tag that will not violate the code of conduct.
  8. Chris21ce Win User

gamertag

Gamer tags can't. Be deleted but can be name changed. You can also make a new account for free but you will loose all gamer points. To change a gamer tag it costs 800 Microsoft points and you keep all your achivements and gamers score
  9. ooD0C H0L1DAYoo Win User

Making Unused Xbox Gamertag Available

You can change the the Silver gamer tag name and quickly change your name of the current profile you use but be really quick when doing this.
Thema:

Gamer Tag Name Change

1. Gamer Tag Name Change - Similar Threads - Gamer Tag Name

2. My Gamer Tag was taken by a Gamer Tag turbo hacker the second i changed my name

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamer Tag was taken by a Gamer Tag turbo hacker the second i changed my name: About 2 days ago i wanted to change my gamer tag to something else, my previously gamer tag was a 3 letter name that i obtained during the 2016 Gamer Tag recycle. So i wanted to change my gamer...
  3. Gamer Tag Name

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamer Tag Name: I created an Xbox live account years ago and my son created the gamer tag name. Needless to say he has adult privelages. I need to figure out how to move his tag name to a child acct....
  4. Xbox one x gave me a random name (not gamer tag)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x gave me a random name (not gamer tag): I just bought the Xbox one x and finished setting it up. I changed my gamer tag but above it says Amanda Kulbacki. Shouldn't it have my name? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change...
  5. Gamer tag names

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag names: I need some Gamertag names because I really don't like my gamertag that I have right now. 29abc61c-093e-4096-8eb8-98accdac3e13
  6. Right real name, wrong gamer tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Right real name, wrong gamer tag: Somehow I've ended up with the wrong game tag attached to my real name. How do I get it back to my right gamer tag? e9962792-035c-4197-86fa-a2f61c04cbed
  7. Forced gamer tag name change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced gamer tag name change: Hello! So a couple days ago I received an email from the enforcement team that I violated a code of conduct. Upon further inspection I found out it was from my gamer tag that I have had since...
  8. Contact Xbox enforcement due to gamer tag name change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Contact Xbox enforcement due to gamer tag name change: So my gamer tag was changed I have talked to Xbox support and they all agreed that my old gt. was not offensive and did not break any rules. so why can't I change it back. I have tried contacting...
  9. Gamer tag name recovery

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag name recovery: My new Xbox )ne developed a problem and had to exchange it for another new one. I forgot to document the gamer tag names from the previous box. Is there a way to recover the gamer tag name now...
  10. Impersonation of gamer tag and name

in XBoX on Consoles
    Impersonation of gamer tag and name: After a conversation with Xbox support I was advised to post for some help / support. My son has an account Druce007 that he has used for several years, one of his old friends has created a gamer...