Gamer tag not changing on both consoles.

Discus and support Gamer tag not changing on both consoles. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox One. Everything is working fine. Went to 360 to play some older games and my gamer tag is my old tag. I am not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by iGetDemolished, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Gamer tag not changing on both consoles.

I recently changed my gamer tag on Xbox One. Everything is working fine. Went to 360 to play some older games and my gamer tag is my old tag. I am not able to play on the profile that has all of my progress on it. It says that I cant log on to live, which
    makes sense considering my Xbox Live account is associated with my new gamer tag. I need to get this fixed, or years of work are lost.

:)

iGetDemolished, Aug 31, 2014
  2. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Aug 31, 2014
  3. tidalsnow
    tidalsnow Guest
    Help with changing gamer tag

i want to change my gt to TidalSnow but someone else has already got it and I don't want to replace one of the letters with numbers so if someone could suggest how I change it up a bit to use it that'd be great.

I've tried it with a space between as Tidal Snow but someone's got that too.

tidalsnow, Aug 31, 2014
  4. Gamer tag not changing on both consoles.

Have you tried to redownload your profile? You can find instructions on how to do it

here
    if you don't know how. I've always been able to download the updated profile right over the old one, but you may wish to consider deleting the profile (and
    only the profile) before redownloading it. That should fix the gamertag issue.

HyruleBalverine, Aug 31, 2014
  5. HyruleBalverine Win User

Have you tried to redownload your profile? You can find instructions on how to do it

here
    if you don't know how. I've always been able to download the updated profile right over the old one, but you may wish to consider deleting the profile (and
    only the profile) before redownloading it. That should fix the gamertag issue.
  6. Konobia Win User

forced gamertag change

Hi,

TrippIE and Smwutches are right about this.

if you get complaints on your gamer tag the enforcement team will go over it, and that they will or will not change the gamer tag there is nothing more you can do other then change gamer tag.

Some times they will give you a free change of gamer tag if this has not happened as soon as you login on the console then you have to make the change your self.

May the force be with you..
  7. Auswulf Win User

Xbox One / 360 profile

You can have your gamer tag on both consoles. You can also have your gamer tag signed in on both at the same time. The Xbox one is a different platform and won't cancel out your profile on the 360.
  8. Hellfire IRL Win User

Premium

You can not transfer 'Premium' between gamer tags, you can not transfer 'Gold' between gamer tags. You can however play Premium content with another gamer tag on the same console (so have both accounts on the same xbox and job done).
  9. publicbassist Win User

LOCKED - Xbox360 stolen

if you change the password, the change applies to the console as well. you need to recover our gamer tag on another console, then it will make your tag unusable on the stolen console, unless a password is put in
Thema:

1. Gamer tag not changing on both consoles. - Similar Threads - Gamer tag changing

2. Xbox 360 Games Won't play since Gamer tag Change on X 1 S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Games Won't play since Gamer tag Change on X 1 S: Since I have changed my Gamer Tag on my Xbox 1 S None of my 360 games will play It tells me to redownload the game I do and still can't sign in to play please help...
  3. Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.

in XBoX on Windows
    Accidentally accepted the change gamer tag, now my name is stuck with numbers.: Just changed my gamertag recently however i accidentally clicked the accept while reading the info regarding it. Now my username is stuck with numbers. Am i still allowed to change it back free...
  4. I changed my gamer tag but I didn’t work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamer tag but I didn’t work: So i logged in and for some reason my name was Jetmountain411 or something similar and i tried changing it to “[Mod Removed]” but when i pressed save it “saved” i looked back and it didnt change,...
  5. About new Xbox gamer tag changes

in XboX Insiders
    About new Xbox gamer tag changes: In found that on my Xbox the new Xbox gamer tag system seems to be working by using the same gamertag as someone else, however by also having the (#####) at the end. Similar to discord or steam....
  6. Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to Change gamer tag but i live in canada: I'm trying to change my gamer tag and pay the 9.99 but it wants me to update my address and wont allow me to select canada as my country. 4cbdfa19-833c-489a-816c-0ee85e1fd2c6
  7. I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...

in XboX Insiders
    I heard that there was going to be an update where you can change your gamer tag and it...: submitted by /u/a_cute_ass_duck [link] [comments]
  8. Gamer tag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamer tag change: Hello all. So I was thinking of changing my Gamer tag and wondered if there were any negative effects toward this? And also would I be able to create another account and rename it to the name I...
  9. Change gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamer tag: I changed my Xbox gamer tag to Clipx but it changed it to . Before I changed it it should me the numbers and I clicked on it and changed it to Clipx. Then when I hit confirm and checked on my Xbox...
  10. changing gamer tag that I was assigned

in XBoX on Consoles
    changing gamer tag that I was assigned: Hi. In a previous post someone said that I can change my gamertag to whatever I choose for free if I am changing the gamertag that I was assigned. So I have choosen a new gaming tag but before I...