Gamertag and unwanted numbers

Discus and support Gamertag and unwanted numbers in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag from RiinzL to RinzL, but now for some reason it has numbers in it that I didn't want. I want to change it back but Microsoft is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Do'Rinzl, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Do'Rinzl
    Do'Rinzl Guest

I changed my gamertag from RiinzL to RinzL, but now for some reason it has numbers in it that I didn't want.

I want to change it back but Microsoft is charging me.

This is truly disgusting as I wouldn't know it'd add numbers, if it was told, it was very hidden.

Can I appeal to get back to my original nickname ?

:)

Do'Rinzl, Feb 25, 2021
  2. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

unwanted numbers in my xbox gamertag

3. Smwutches Win User

unwanted numbers in my xbox gamertag

The numbers are given if you choose a gamertag that someone else already has. If you want a tag without numbers, you'll have to change your gamertag to something nobody else has.
  4. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.

I believe ALL new gamertags have the numbers at the end now, regardless of if they are taken or not. It's just so people can now have the same name and the extra numbers make the name unique now.
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

The added numbers at the end of your new gamertag are a result of the update to the gamertag system that's been slowly but surely rolled out in full over the last couple of months. The numbers should only show up for you and will only be relevant if someone
    is looking to add you by name. You should check out this FAQ about it from Xbox Support. It would be very helpful to you to be able to understand how the new change works out by reading it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-PH/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  6. Niko1664 Win User

It's just the suffix with the last gamertag update.
Thema:

1. Gamertag and unwanted numbers - Similar Threads - Gamertag unwanted numbers

2. Wrong gamertag on my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag on my account: Somehow, my son's gt for minecraft on his Nintendo switch became the greatest associated with my Xbox account. Now all my Xbox stuff is gone or unusable because I can't get into my profile...
  3. 2 Gamertags under one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Gamertags under one account: I recently changed my gamertag to a new one, but when i did it still shows my old gamertag but also has my new one underneath it, showing that i have 2 gamertags. Is this an issue or just a new...
  4. My gamertag doesnt change anymore and is for some reason glitched/stuck

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag doesnt change anymore and is for some reason glitched/stuck: About 3 weeks ago i changed my gamertag because i didnt like it, it al went fine and everything changed. A week later, i decided to go back to my old gamertag, the only problem was, it was just...
  5. lost email but know gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    lost email but know gamertag: hello i lost my email adress but still know original account gamertag for my xbox account (dont have an xbox, i use it for minecraft ps4) the gamertag is tealsinger4653 i want my account back...
  6. Unwanted numbers behind my GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unwanted numbers behind my GamerTag: So I’ve just change my gamer tag which was ridiculously generated earlier and after that when I checked my gamer tag after it I’ve realised that the numbers were directly behind it and they’re...
  7. unwanted numbers in my xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    unwanted numbers in my xbox gamertag: I wanted to change my gamertag so I changed it the numbers were grayed out so I thought that it that just my gamer tags number but then after I changed it that number was in my gamertag. somebody...
  8. Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.: Hello, i just changed my gamertag and i have numbers in my gt now, which i didn't type. When i was changing it it said #2312 in gray behind the name i wanted to change it, but it never said that...
  9. Unwanted Gamertag changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted Gamertag changed: Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me out. My Infant changed my gamertag from ZanyBigFoot9 to . I want to change it back. He only changed it in the last week or so. The strange part is...
  10. Unwanted Xbox Live Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unwanted Xbox Live Gamertag Change: I have had the gamertag for over a year. I logged in the other day and my tag was changed to cleverpup###### with no notice from the Enforcement Team. I am worried A.) that I was hacked or B.)...