Gamertag Availability

Discus and support Gamertag Availability in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Checking availability for a gamertag made the original gamertag unavailable, how long till i can get the original? I keep getting the numbered option... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by TommyGun9000, Sep 18, 2020.

1. TommyGun9000
    TommyGun9000 Guest

Gamertag Availability

Checking availability for a gamertag made the original gamertag unavailable, how long till i can get the original? I keep getting the numbered option which i dont want.

:)

TommyGun9000, Sep 18, 2020
  2. dupfb30c3cf-a3e0-406 Win User

Gamertag not available

I think its a fault with the site. When I try to claim in when it says that it is available, it doesnt actually do anything, so its probably really taken and just having an issue on the site.
  3. dupfb30c3cf-a3e0-406 Win User

Gamertag not available

I prob should have specified better. The tag I was trying to change to was 'Fight Scars' ... when I search for it, logged in as my original tag (this one), it tells me its available and gives me the option to claim it. When I log into the new tag and check
    the same availability, its telling me that its taken. Im not sure why it would tell me its available on one tag, but not another.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag Availability

That's not an official website if you read the details below it says right on the page cohesive networks

The only official way to check for a name is to change your names.and if it accepts or not

Searching for a name like swmutches mentioned only checks for that one combination not included spaces or case

Which xbox doesn't differenitiates
  5. eX Koot Win User

Gamertag Availability

Actually i was told by an xbox worker that the site i used is legit and it is the website they use themselves so you are wrong there. I was also told by the same worker that gamertags do get recycled after not being in use for several years.
  6. eX Koot Win User

Gamertag Availability

well im just doing what i was told. and the search does take spaces into account and i can guarantee that.
Thema:

Gamertag Availability

1. Gamertag Availability - Similar Threads - Gamertag Availability

2. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  3. XBOX GAMERTAGS NEED MORE CHARECTERS AVAILABLE

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX GAMERTAGS NEED MORE CHARECTERS AVAILABLE: Is it just me or do they need to add more charecters in gamertags i feel like im not the only one who wants more than 12 make it like 15 please it would make so many more people have the name they...
  4. Available Gamertag Given a Tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Available Gamertag Given a Tag: First, I want to start by saying it's not just a spacing issue, looked through a lot of discussions and ambassadors saying it was to do with the fact that names like "" and "Lone HEX" are...
  5. Gamertag availability?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag availability?: I’ve just (finally) noticed the new gamertag system and decided to take advantage of the free change. I have two accounts and effectively wanted to change the GT on the second to the first and...
  6. Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing)

in XBoX on Windows
    Transfer Gamertag and history to son (child accounts weren't available when he started playing): When we first set up this xbox gamertag, child accounts were not available and my son was not old enough to have his own email without lying on the setup. He has been using my account and is now...
  7. Gamertag change - wording misleading - "<gamertag> will be available to others"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change - wording misleading - "<gamertag> will be available to others": This is misleading - if I change my gamertag, it never becomes available for others. A variation of it, perhaps, but not that gamertag. Suggest that a) the message is made more clear and b)...
  8. Xbox Gamertag Change and Availability

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag Change and Availability: If an Xbox Gamertag is changed, will the original name go back into the pool of available gamertags for other users? e8a14953-234b-4366-a653-c7ad0c0279ab
  9. Xbox Gamertag Change/Availability

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag Change/Availability: If I change my gamertag, will that gamertag go back into the pool for usable gamertags for other users? cafe5ac8-43f8-476f-b887-f1862c584944
  10. GamerTag availability

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamerTag availability: Hello, I recently decided to close my second Microsoft account due to lack of use. During the closing process, it stated that the gamertag associated with the Microsoft account would be deleted...