Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed

Discus and support Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So my gamertag was Sync3917 and i changed it to vReflekzz and then the other day i got on and it was changed back to Sync3917 and now its saying i have... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MaxVan Est, Nov 25, 2019.

1. MaxVan Est
    MaxVan Est Guest

So my gamertag was Sync3917 and i changed it to vReflekzz and then the other day i got on and it was changed back to Sync3917 and now its saying i have to pay to change it back to vReflekzz even though i never changed it from vReflekzz

:)

MaxVan Est, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Tarnend Win User

On your profile does it show both gamertags by any chance? (one under the other) as it could be that the changes microsoft are making to the gamertag system its showing both and has happened for a lot of people who have changed their gamertag in recent months......
    eventually it will just show your 'new' gamertag.

Regards
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Max,

Thanks for coming to the forums. We recommend sign in on the Xbox website. This should show your new gamer tag.
    This also is known issue and is being worked on. The gamer tag will show correctly in future update. So please be patient while they do work on the issue, as it will be resolved as soon as they can get it fixed.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. Njal the Blue Win User

Try removing your account from the console by opening the guide, going to settings, account, remove account. Then power cycle by pressing and holding the power button till fully off. Wait 60 seconds and power up again, add your account back on.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag changed without notice and being asked to pay for the name change

It probably took that long for someone to file a complaint on your name. There have been people who were able to have inappropriate tags for years because people didn't file a complaint on them.
  6. FaintFawn856787 Win User

Gamertag changed without notice and being asked to pay for the name change

I understand but my concern is why did it take four months for whoever monitors these policies to change my gamer name? It was all of a sudden and now I have to pay to change my name? That's not shaking me the right way.

I never feel the need for any type of entitlement but in this instance where it was the opposite party who overlooked my names for months and just now found the need to change my name to some horrible gamer tag name. I will continue to press this one particular
    issue.
Thema:

1. Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed - Similar Threads - Gamertag being changed

2. Make being able to change your gamertag cheaper

in XboX Insiders
    Make being able to change your gamertag cheaper: The title says it all. submitted by /u/Kindly_Department_60 [link] [comments]
  3. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  4. My kid changed my gamertag and I can’t change it back due to the character count being too long

in XBoX on Consoles
    My kid changed my gamertag and I can’t change it back due to the character count being too long: To whom this may concern, Well last week I discovered that my kid had change my gamer tag that of which I’ve had for the past 15 years which has a character count of 13; And of course with that...
  5. Being charged to change my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being charged to change my gamertag?: So recently I wanted to change my gamertag, I don't recall ever actually choosing my gametag but yet when I goto change it I have to pay to change it? I thought the first change was for free and...
  6. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  7. Only being offered UK payment to change Gamertag of South African account?!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Only being offered UK payment to change Gamertag of South African account?!: I have a South African Xbox account and I've used the one free Gamertag change. The account is set to my region, and was created on a locally purchased brand new Xbox One S. Buying games with my...
  8. My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Gamertag was banned for being “Offensive” and now I have to repay to change it again?: I’ve had the gamertag “Reptard” for about 6 years, and it was just recently banned due to it having “****” in the name. I can see where Microsoft is coming from with banning the name, it’s...
  9. Why am I being nickle & dimed for changing my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I being nickle & dimed for changing my gamertag?: I primarily play on PC, so I'm quite confused as to why something as simple as changing my account name is monetized. I've made this account at least about a decade ago when I was a young mindless...
  10. I've never changed my Xbox Live Gamertag before but i'm still being charged for it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've never changed my Xbox Live Gamertag before but i'm still being charged for it.: So let me clear some things up: I've had my XBL account for over eight years. My Gamertag is wholly original, I did not get it from one of those gamertag generators. I've never changed my...