Gamertag Change Cancellation

Discus and support Gamertag Change Cancellation in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi. I saw a notice of the new gamertag system coming soon, and I was exploring some of the name availabilities. I unfortunately changed my gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by A_Romero, Jul 12, 2019.

1. A_Romero
    A_Romero Guest

Hi. I saw a notice of the new gamertag system coming soon, and I was exploring some of the name availabilities. I unfortunately changed my gamertag to something I do not want accidentally, and I was hoping to change it back without imposing a charge.

:)

A_Romero, Jul 12, 2019
  2. A_Romero Win User

Yes, I was checking the availability of a name I did want, Dankius, but with no numbers. The language the page used was so subtle it made it sound as though the numbers at the end wouldn't show up. But obviously that isn't the case. I was Blade XY7, and
    now I've changed it by accident to Dankius3875, and I just want my old gamertag back, I want to cancel this change.
  3. XBOX TECH VIRUS Win User

Hi, you need to contact support and ask them if they can change your gamertag for you,

However this will take time and they may not be able to do so,

I would recommend you follow the steps that my fellow ambassador denis97g advised and just try it first

Kind regard
  4. denis97g Win User

Hi! with the new gamertag system I think they give another free change. Did you change it recently? if so you may have to pay; try to change it and see if you can do it for free, otherwise paying is the only option.
  5. Liquatic Win User

Changing game tag while purchase new gold membership

Gamertag changes are seperate from memberships. Gamertag changes are always 800pts unless otherwise stated. Buying a new membership doesn't prorate/cancel out the price of a Gamertag change.
  6. M Slender Win User

Cancel a gamertag name change?

Thema:

1. Gamertag Change Cancellation - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change Cancellation

2. Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch: I recently got Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) for the first time on my Switch and when I created a Microsoft account for it, it gave me an auto-generated username that I would like to change. I have...
  3. Change email for gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email for gamertag: My sons xbox 360 gamertag is linked to my exs email address, I cant access the email as I dont know his password, but I've just got a xbox one and want to move his gamertag over I need to change...
  4. Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change

in XBoX on Windows
    Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change: I never changed my Gamertag for my account so I am a little confused when it said I already have. Why is this? 28a7e69a-3e6e-4ed0-9266-640f7556a593
  5. Changing gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamertag: So i want to change my gamertag i do know how to do it but i want to change it to a certain GT but its already taken. i was like ok sucks to be me. So i decided to look up the gamertag and i...
  6. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change: I went to change my gamertag on xbox and I accidentally changed it and I was wondering if I can change it to the name I wanted instead of the name that I changed it to...
  7. Gamerpic And Gamertag Won’t Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerpic And Gamertag Won’t Change: I recently changed my name and it has almost been 5 hours and i still see no difference i also changed my gamerpic to a custom one that was in no way offensive or even close to being innapropriate...
  8. Gamertag change issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change issue: I'm trying to change my gamertag and pay the $10 but it won't let me change the country/region it's defaulted to United States and it's greyed out where I can't use the dropdown to select my...
  9. cambio gamertag xbox one [Translation - Xbox one gamertag change]

in XBoX on Consoles
    cambio gamertag xbox one [Translation - Xbox one gamertag change]: ho cambiato recentemente gamertag su Xbox one, al cambio tutto normale quando all'improvviso ho voluto giocare ad un gioco 360 retrocompatibile e non mi fa scaricare il profilo nuovo con xbox live...
  10. Cancel a gamertag name change?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cancel a gamertag name change?: Hi! I changed my gamertag name and didn't realize I wouldn't be able to access stuff like Minecraft that was under my old name. Is there a way to cancel the gamertag name change?...