Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix

Discus and support Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Okay, long story short, I had an old gamertag that I wanted to move over to a newer microsoft account and now the gamertag tool is confused. Old... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Sparkfizt, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Sparkfizt
    Sparkfizt Guest

Okay, long story short, I had an old gamertag that I wanted to move over to a newer microsoft account and now the gamertag tool is confused.

Old account: renamed to OG (said would now be available).

New account: #5311 trying to rename to

When I go to try and change the gamertag it now tells me:

"You already own that gamertag, if you’re happy with it you don’t need to make any changes."

The only way I see out of this is paying for 2 consecutive name changes, support said they couldn't help. It seems like the name change tool doesn't realize the clean tag is different than the one with the suffix...

:)

Sparkfizt, Jan 27, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Ya you shouldve waited abit till the servers refreshed

First.change the name

Wair abit a week or more who knows

The. Change the second account
  3. Smwutches Win User

New Gamer tag System

The only way to have the tag without the suffix is to change it to a tag that nobody else has.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Is there a way to get my old gamertag back or fix it for free?

The only way to fix it would be to change it again which would involve paying again. There is no way to get another free change. If the system still sees your old gamertag as being in use or someone else has already taken it, you will be given the suffix
    again. The only way to have a gamertag without the suffix is to pick a tag that no one else has.
  5. Smwutches Win User

May I get the # suffix added to my gamertag removed or a way to change my GT?

The suffix is added because someone else already has the tag. The only way to have a tag without the suffix is to choose a tag that nobody else has. You would have to pay if you want to change it again.
  6. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Yeah, With the changes to how gamertag change works, we can actually claim used gamertags now but when we use that tag, a suffix will be added next to the account tag to make it unique and so that your friends will be able to differentiate you from
    the one who got the tag before you. But take note that suffix would be blurry on your friend's end.
Thema:

1. Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix - Similar Threads - Gamertag change tool

2. Gamertag wont change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag wont change: I have changed my gamertag from the auto one that xbox gave me but it still wont change after a month. I tried logging out and back in but still it wont work, I even uninstalled the xbox app and...
  3. Gamertag Change without suffix

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Change without suffix: I want to change my gamertag without the number suffix. My gamertag is CyberHound10#642, and when I'm playing games, it'll display as CyberHound10642. I looked up on xboxgamertag.com to see if...
  4. Microsoft gamertag changing but not changing my miecraft username

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft gamertag changing but not changing my miecraft username: Microsoft gamertag changing but not changing my minecraft username why? 5cc2b091-fff9-471f-a0c9-c38fe3881266
  5. Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Save File dodgeball academia After Changing Gamertag: I recently lost my save file for Dodgeball Academia after changing my gamertag. Is there any way that my save file can be restored? I had been playing the game without issue for a week+, but then...
  6. Changed gamertag and game saves missing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed gamertag and game saves missing: I changed my gamertag but now my game saves are missing. I found the actual files, but I don't know how to associate them with the game. The Outer Worlds on PC. d92c236c-1e4d-46e5-aaa9-4cf67829b914
  7. Trying to change gamertag but website and xbox pretty much told me "no"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but website and xbox pretty much told me "no": I've been trying to change my gamertag for a bit now, once I finally figured out what name I would be under while attempting a career. However, each and every time I try to change it, I am told...
  8. How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change it so my old gamertag is associated to my new microsoft account?: Many moons ago I created an Xbox live account under an old email. This email explicitly showed my name (it had my first initial and last name in it). For various reasons I wont divulge I under...
  9. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Denmark. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...
  10. gamertag change isn't free even though I haven't changed it before?

in XBoX on Windows
    gamertag change isn't free even though I haven't changed it before?: I can't change my gamertag for free, even though from my knowledge I have never changed it in the past. how do I change it for free? 1724a61f-ac8c-4f40-81b4-b17fb18b3121