Gamertag change with account balance

Discus and support Gamertag change with account balance in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; So recently i changed my name but I would like to change it again and Ive already redeem a gift card into my microsoft balance but I havent found a way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by InfernoSol, May 4, 2021.

1. InfernoSol
    InfernoSol Guest

So recently i changed my name but I would like to change it again and Ive already redeem a gift card into my microsoft balance but I havent found a way to use my account balance to change my user, does anyone have any suggestions and also as of now, I dont have an xbox console of any kind.

:)

InfernoSol, May 4, 2021
  2. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

What happens to my other devices (Windows Phone and Notebook) when I change the main email associated to my gamertag ?

Hi there, I can let you know that if you have a balance on your Microsoft Account, when you change your Microsoft Account attached to your gamertag, the balance on your Microsoft Account redeemed from codes specifically for Xbox Live stay on your gamertag...they
    transfer to the new Microsoft Account in that case.

I'm not too sure about questions B and C.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Want to transfer 6 months of prepaid membership to a new account...

memberships cannot be transfered between accounts

free gamertag changes only occur on new accounts within the first 30days

so it will cost you to do a gamertag change 800 ms points

only subscriptions that were purchased with a creditcard can be issued a prepaid code for the balance

prepaid codes do not apply to this as there is no creditcard info to remove
  4. HassanB Win User

Cant Change Gamertag

Hi,

Are you trying to use your Microsoft Account balance? If so, that would be why.

Currently, you can only use a payment method (credit/debit card) to pay for a gamertag change on Xbox LIVE.
  5. bowski477 Win User

How do I buy a gamertag with a redeemed gift card?

You can add the currency gift card to your account then go to choose a new gamertag. Then when you get to the payment screen choose your MS account balance.

If you have a brand new account with an autogenerated GT you should have a free GT change available.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Cannot Transfer Gamertag From One M$ Account To Another

Error 8016FE6D occurs when moving your gamertag to another Microsoft account

You get the following error when you try to move your gamertag from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account:

8016FE6D

This may mean that the original Microsoft account or your Xbox Live account is in one of the following states:

The Xbox Live account has a past-due balance.

The current Microsoft account associated with the Xbox Live account is deleted or expired.

The Xbox Live account has been flagged for unauthorized access.

The Xbox Live account has a local currency balance.

The Microsoft account you are trying to move your gamertag from is under 30 days old. (This helps prevent your gamertag from being stolen by an attacker.)

Or, it may mean that the “target” Microsoft account is ineligible because:

That Microsoft account is associated with another Xbox Live account.

That Microsoft account is associated with a billing account.

Solutions

To resolve this problem, try the following solutions:

Solution 1: If you’re trying to change the email address you use to sign in to your Xbox console, you can do this by changing the primary alias on the account. Learn more about managing aliases, see

Change the email address you use to sign in to your Microsoft account

Solution 2: Learn if any of the account issues listed above are affecting your Xbox live account by signing in at
    My account to review your account balances as well as any recent purchases.
Thema:

1. Gamertag change with account balance - Similar Threads - Gamertag change account

2. My GamerTag and account is changed!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My GamerTag and account is changed!!: I just tried to play Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, it asked me to connect to my microsoft account again and so when authenticating between my account on iphone, it logged into a new Gamertag...
  3. Change Microsoft account associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Microsoft account associated with gamertag: Hey! So my issue is this; about a decade and half ago my husband and I initially shared an xbox account & gamertag and what we did was use my email address on his gamertag to set up online...
  4. Gamertag change/ account different : between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag change/ account different : between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique: I can't purchase an aircraft because : because account different between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique! Thanks tell me how to do Rgrds ebdceb85-e75a-4392-8a86-9343b56353e5
  5. How to change the email address associated with a gamertag (within Microsoft Family account)?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to change the email address associated with a gamertag (within Microsoft Family account)?: I have a Microsoft Family account with .outlook addresses that I created for my kids. I purchased Minecraft on my account, but when we went to play Minecraft I was forced to associate my son's...
  6. Getting my Ubisoft account to link to my xbox account after gamertag change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting my Ubisoft account to link to my xbox account after gamertag change: I changed my gamertag some time ago. Now it won't let me connect to my ubisoft account. It is saying I need to re-associate it with the account I originally linked to, but the account hasn't...
  7. Changed gamertag on one account and it changed on a different account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed gamertag on one account and it changed on a different account.: I just logged into a whole new microsoft account and was about to change the gamertag with a free name change and it SOMEHOW auto logged into my other account and changed that accounts gamertag...
  8. Can’t change the account associated with a gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change the account associated with a gamertag: I’m trying to create a new xbox profile with an email I’ve been using for a long time, the issue is there’s an old abandoned xbox account already attached to that email. It seems the only way to...
  9. Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did Minecraft change my gamertag associated with my Microsoft account?: My gamer tag for Minecraft has always been TacticalHen830 since I started playing Minecraft logged in with my Microsoft account on Nintendo Switch this year. Today the game prompted me to...
  10. Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change microsoft account for Xbox gamertag: Hi, I have had a look on here and can't seem to find a solution for this and was wondering if anyone could help. I have a very old microsoft account that I do not want to use for anything but my...