Gamertag Change without suffix

Discus and support Gamertag Change without suffix in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to change my gamertag without the number suffix. My gamertag is CyberHound10#642, and when I'm playing games, it'll display as CyberHound10642.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cyber Hound, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Cyber Hound
    Cyber Hound New Member

I want to change my gamertag without the number suffix. My gamertag is CyberHound10#642, and when I'm playing games, it'll display as CyberHound10642. I looked up on xboxgamertag.com to see if anyone has take the gamertag, CyberHound10. It says that no one has taken that gamertag. I just wanna know if there's any way to get rid of the number suffix.

Cyber Hound, Sep 13, 2021
  2. John Tuzcu Win User

Gamertag

Hi Doezi;

Nobody will be able to claim the same gamertag without a mandatory, auto-assigned suffix. . The suffix is auto-assigned by Xbox to make sure everyone
    is unique. Xbox doesn’t allow players to select their own suffix at this time. Once a user changes his gamertag, the previous one will be available to others. If
    you want a gamertag without a suffix, you can! It just has to be a gamertag that hasn't been claimed by someone else, you can find out by checking availability when changing your gamertag.

Hoped this helped!
  3. S1N1STERSHADOWS Win User

If they're going to shorten the amount of characters used in gamertags they should at least let us use emojis?

It's worth noting that Existing gamertags will remain unchanged with no suffix. No action is necessary unless you want to make a change and you can keep your current gamertag with zero change in experience, and
    no suffix will be attached. Anyone else who chooses the same gamertag as you will automatically have a suffix added to distinguish them.

There is no action required to keep your existing gamertag. Nobody will ever be able to claim the same gamertag without a mandatory, auto-assigned suffix.
    To those who want to change it can't.
  4. TimyPastek6907 Win User

Demande d'actualisation le gamertag pour le suffixe[Translation-Request to refresh the gamertag for the suffix]

J'ai vérifié en utilisant un deuxième compte :

Je peux changer le gamertag de ce deuxième compte pour TimyPastek et il n'a pas de suffixe.

Le gamertag TimyPastek sans suffixe est disponible.

I checked using a second account:

I can change the gamertag on that second account to TimyPastek and it doesn't have a suffix.

The TimyPastek gamertag without suffix is available.

[Translation-J'ai vérifié en utilisant un deuxième compte :

Je peux changer le gamertag de ce deuxième compte pour TimyPastek et il n'a pas de suffixe.

Le gamertag TimyPastek sans suffixe est disponible.

I checked using a second account:

I can change the gamertag on that second account to TimyPastek and it doesn't have a suffix.

The TimyPastek gamertag without suffix is available. ]
  5. Smwutches Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

The suffix is added when you choose a gamertag that is already taken. In order to have a gamertag without the suffix, you would need to choose a gamertag that no one else has.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Is there a way to get my old gamertag back or fix it for free?

The only way to fix it would be to change it again which would involve paying again. There is no way to get another free change. If the system still sees your old gamertag as being in use or someone else has already taken it, you will be given the suffix
    again. The only way to have a gamertag without the suffix is to pick a tag that no one else has.
Thema:

1. Gamertag Change without suffix - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change without

2. guys i accidently changed my gamertag on windows 10 i cannot get it back without paying can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    guys i accidently changed my gamertag on windows 10 i cannot get it back without paying can...: i accidently changed my xbox gamertag on windows 10 my old one was Restingice16373 please change it back i cannot pay to change it back . please help fast 9140c163-0b64-4613-9a70-cb73ef056a50
  3. Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix: Okay, long story short, I had an old gamertag that I wanted to move over to a newer microsoft account and now the gamertag tool is confused. Old account: renamed to OG (said would now be...
  4. Gamertag changed without notification

in XBoX on Mobile
    Gamertag changed without notification: I play minecraft on my ipad and nintendo switch. I just signed in and my gamertag is different. Would they change it and assign something different without telling me? I don't like the new tag,...
  5. XBOX GAMERTAG CHANGED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX GAMERTAG CHANGED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION: so this happened this year....my friend was at my house i was going to change my xbox name to but i needed to go to the toilet and while i was their my friend changed my name to FaKe Aeros to...
  6. My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission: My friend changed my gamertag and i want it back to the original without paying 10$ if you can help. 04901f15-de5b-49dd-b79d-492ac37df70d
  7. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

in XBoX Accessibility
    Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval: My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for being offending. My gamertag was: Nick7592....
  8. Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing: My xbox gamertag had changed without my authentication and now I have to pay to change it back. I would like to revert all the unauthorized changes to my account....
  9. Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history: We bought an XboxOne console and linked it to my Hotmail Microsoft account. My children started using it before they even had an e-mail account. Now I have given one of them (the main user of the...
  10. Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed: So my gamertag was Sync3917 and i changed it to vReflekzz and then the other day i got on and it was changed back to Sync3917 and now its saying i have to pay to change it back to vReflekzz even...