Gamertag change - wording misleading - "<gamertag> will be available to others"

Discus and support Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is misleading - if I change my gamertag, it never becomes available for others. A variation of it, perhaps, but not that gamertag. Suggest that... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sund4nc3, Feb 19, 2020.

1. sund4nc3
    sund4nc3 Guest

Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others"

This is misleading - if I change my gamertag, it never becomes available for others. A variation of it, perhaps, but not that gamertag.

Suggest that a) the message is made more clear and

b) gamertags can be recycled.

Else everyone will end up as "john 292374937592749"

:)

sund4nc3, Feb 19, 2020
  2. BakyOsijekHr Win User

What is so important with Gamertag? Adopt and overcome. And change is good from time to time!
  3. {Parity} Win User

4. Albert X Win User

Eventually inactive Gamertag are released and become available once again. But I do agree that transparency is always welcome.
  5. wolfheart517 Win User

I think it is very clear and the gamertags can be recycled.
  6. zeroice007 Win User

Best way is to pick something unique if you can otherwise you will see sund4nc3001, 002 , etc
Thema:

1. Gamertag change - wording misleading - " will be available to others" - Similar Threads - Gamertag change wording

2. Changing an email address attached to a gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing an email address attached to a gamertag: Hi I've asked this question before but don't know if things have changed since. My wife set up her sons xbox gamertag with her email address so obviously he uses her password to sign in. Now...
  3. I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...

in XBoX on Windows
    I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...: The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original? 85868bbf-d089-4156-a549-3c927748f6d3
  4. Changed Gamertag Error

in XBoX on Windows
    Changed Gamertag Error: I recently changed my gamertag from TTV to . However after changed it I observed that it reads 589. when I go back to take away the 589 it says "#589" (the #589 is in grey so its not part of the...
  5. No cambia mi gamertag [Doesn't change my gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    No cambia mi gamertag [Doesn't change my gamertag]: Ayer pague los 10 euros para cambiarme el gamertag y aun no me a cambiado y me jode que eh pagado para que no cambie ¿alguien sabe por que pasa eso? [Translation-Yesterday I paid the 10 euros to...
  6. Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to change the xbox gamertag to my sons email address instead of mine, so he does not...: How do I switch the linkage from my Microsoft account to my sons? My Microsoft account has to remain with me. Thanks in advance. a1ed80c3-347c-4609-814c-deda94f336a2
  7. Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.: Hello, my friends were over at my house and they thought it would be funny to change my gamertag to something vulgar. They changed my gamertag to "[mod removed]". I was wondering if I could get my...
  8. Endre gamertag på playstation4 -[Translation - Change the gamertag playstation 4]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Endre gamertag på playstation4 -[Translation - Change the gamertag playstation 4]: Hvordan endrer jeg gamertagen på ps -[Translation - How do I change the gamertag on ps] 5458a6a6-e341-4df6-995b-28e7a480e80f
  9. Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.: When i realized that there was a free gamertag change on xbox i jumped at the chance to change my main account name and then create a new account with my now streaming gamertag. what i didn't...
  10. Gamertag change but on Inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change but on Inactive account: Hi, I’m a gaming YouTubed under the name “Neg” for over a decade now and I’d like to change my gamertag to “Neg” however the gamer tag is held by an account which has been inactive for years. The...