Gamertag Change

Discus and support Gamertag Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag a few minutes ago on my xbox and when I changed it I never got the pop up for payment it just went back to my profile and shows... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SkoobySmack, May 7, 2019.

1. SkoobySmack
    SkoobySmack Guest

Gamertag Change

I changed my gamertag a few minutes ago on my xbox and when I changed it I never got the pop up for payment it just went back to my profile and shows my gamertag change. I can see my gamertag change myself on everything but my friends are unable to see
    it. It also isn't showing up in my order history. Is xbox going to end up charging me for this or will it stay as is and not be updated for anyone but me?

:)

SkoobySmack, May 7, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

3. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  4. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  5. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Gamertag

Hi,

Everything you need to know about forced gamertag changes

And I quote

" I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?

Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement
    process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process."

Source link:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../HowTo

You will need to pay for the change unfortunately!.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

Gamertag Change

1. Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change

2. Free Gamertag Change- Xbox rewards

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Free Gamertag Change- Xbox rewards: I think it would be good to add a 'free gamertag change' as a reward on xbox rewards. e03c0b59-0a2e-44e6-8d66-989544b10712
  3. Gamertag ändern[Change gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag ändern[Change gamertag]: Hallo, ich wollte meinen Gamertag für 10€ ändern, deshalb habe ich eine 10€ Guthabenkarte gekauft. Diese konnte ich aber auf der Gamertag-kaufseite selber nicht einlösen, da ich dafür angeblich...
  4. How do I change my gamertag via browser?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I change my gamertag via browser?: I linked my Microsoft account to my Minecraft (on the Nintendo Switch) and it stuck me with a random gamertag. I have no clue how to change it since I don't own an Xbox. While there were some...
  5. Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did it change my GamerTag and account?: So i use my microsoft account for Minecraft on my Nintendo Switch, yesterday i went to log on and it made me connect my account again and so when authenicating between my account Via iphone, it...
  6. Gamertag change Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change Issue: Hello, I just paid 10 € to change my Gamertag, but it didn't totally change, the old one remains on my profil... (so I have both of them) Does change take some time to be fully active? What can...
  7. Changing the Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changing the Gamertag: Hello, a few years ago I created my Xbox account and set up a gamertag for it. But I was Young and stupid back then, so it is an embarrassing Minecraft Name Dx Now I want to Change my gamertag,...
  8. Xbox gamertag change error.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox gamertag change error.: When I go to change gamertag my xbox live account, its showing Yo already use free gamertag change. 94a54b67-c2ba-4657-8ea6-17eff81d50f1
  9. I want to change my XBOX gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to change my XBOX gamertag?: So, I've been thinking about changing my XBOX gamertag but I'm not sure what would happen. Like, would it affect anything? Purchases, achievements, any thing like that? Or is it just a simple name...
  10. Already used, but deleted or changed gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Already used, but deleted or changed gamertag.: Hi, i recently wanted to make a new gamertag, so i was brain storming ideas and searching the names on xbox live to see if they were in use.. I searched the name i wanted and nothing came up,...