Gamertag Change

Discus and support Gamertag Change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag a few minutes ago on my xbox and when I changed it I never got the pop up for payment it just went back to my profile and shows... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SkoobySmack, May 7, 2019.

1. SkoobySmack
    SkoobySmack Guest

Gamertag Change

I changed my gamertag a few minutes ago on my xbox and when I changed it I never got the pop up for payment it just went back to my profile and shows my gamertag change. I can see my gamertag change myself on everything but my friends are unable to see
    it. It also isn't showing up in my order history. Is xbox going to end up charging me for this or will it stay as is and not be updated for anyone but me?

:)

SkoobySmack, May 7, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

3. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  4. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  5. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Gamertag

Hi,

Everything you need to know about forced gamertag changes

And I quote

" I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?

Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement
    process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process."

Source link:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../HowTo

You will need to pay for the change unfortunately!.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

Gamertag Change

1. Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change

2. cannot change gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot change gamertag: I have a bit of an issue with changing my gamertag on xbox.com. Whenever i go to change the gamertag it keeps popping up with "Error: check username and try again" or "An unexpected error...
  3. Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag change for Minecraft on Nintendo Switch: I recently got Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) for the first time on my Switch and when I created a Microsoft account for it, it gave me an auto-generated username that I would like to change. I have...
  4. Change email for gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email for gamertag: My sons xbox 360 gamertag is linked to my exs email address, I cant access the email as I dont know his password, but I've just got a xbox one and want to move his gamertag over I need to change...
  5. Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change

in XBoX on Windows
    Never Got a "Free gamertag" Change: I never changed my Gamertag for my account so I am a little confused when it said I already have. Why is this? 28a7e69a-3e6e-4ed0-9266-640f7556a593
  6. Gamertag Change Cancellation

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Change Cancellation: Hi. I saw a notice of the new gamertag system coming soon, and I was exploring some of the name availabilities. I unfortunately changed my gamertag to something I do not want accidentally, and I...
  7. Changing gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamertag: So i want to change my gamertag i do know how to do it but i want to change it to a certain GT but its already taken. i was like ok sucks to be me. So i decided to look up the gamertag and i...
  8. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag change: I went to change my gamertag on xbox and I accidentally changed it and I was wondering if I can change it to the name I wanted instead of the name that I changed it to...
  9. Gamerpic And Gamertag Won’t Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamerpic And Gamertag Won’t Change: I recently changed my name and it has almost been 5 hours and i still see no difference i also changed my gamerpic to a custom one that was in no way offensive or even close to being innapropriate...
  10. Gamertag change issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change issue: I'm trying to change my gamertag and pay the $10 but it won't let me change the country/region it's defaulted to United States and it's greyed out where I can't use the dropdown to select my...