Gamertag change

Discus and support Gamertag change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Im trying to change my gamertag on the xbox app, but it says i used my free change but i never did... then i go on the website to change it on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Blake Beckman, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Gamertag change

Im trying to change my gamertag on the xbox app, but it says i used my free change but i never did... then i go on the website to change it on my iphone and i press check availabilty and nothing happens. So i went to the help page and it said i should
    press choose tag or something like that but i keep trying and it never pops up. Is it not popping up because im on my phone or what?

:)

Blake Beckman, Jul 31, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

3. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  4. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  5. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Gamertag

Hi,

Everything you need to know about forced gamertag changes

And I quote

" I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?

Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement
    process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process."

Source link:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../HowTo

You will need to pay for the change unfortunately!.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

Gamertag change

1. Gamertag change - Similar Threads - Gamertag change

2. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t change gamertag: Im trying to use my free gamertag change but it fails every time. I’ve tried on edge, chrome and firefox. When i hit the claim button it doesn’t do anything then when i refresh I get an error: Bad...
  3. Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]

in XBoX on Windows
    Changement Gamertag [Translation - Change Gamertag]: Bonjour , je souhaiterais changer de Gamertag mais quand je veux le changer il est écrit que j'ai déj utilisé mon changement gratuit , hors je n'ai pas souvenir d'avoir déj changé mon pseudo ,...
  4. Cannot change gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot change gamertag: I purchased Gears 5 and was told to create a gamertag when I logged into the xbox services. I created one, logged out, and came back later and the gamertag I used is replaced by a random one. I go...
  5. Cambiar gamertag (Change gamertag)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cambiar gamertag (Change gamertag): Hola, me gustaría cambiar mi gamertag, aunque tiene un costo, pero me gustaría usar una tarjeta de regalo, solo que no sé que tarjeta de regalo es, ¿Alguien me podría decir que tarjeta de regalo...
  6. How long does it take for my gamertag to change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How long does it take for my gamertag to change.: I paid for a gamertag change. I was charged 9.99 on my credit card... My name hasn't changed. fc4fae49-13a5-45e0-b0db-2b72c6a8b723
  7. June Gamertag changes

in XBoX on Consoles
    June Gamertag changes: When will Xbox One be receiving the Gamertag changes issued for the Gamebar and Xbox App for PC in June? I would really like to see these changes on Xbox One. 1962dff4-8f17-405d-90e0-b8621a6d5bd8
  8. Change GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change GamerTag: Hi Xbox, If I change my Xbox GamerTag will all my game progress be lost? Thanks! 3d17c3ae-a720-48e8-a3b1-d2161ab5bc48
  9. I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay

in XBoX on Windows
    I never changed my xbox gamertag but i need to pay: So basically i have this old gamertag that i got bored of and tried to change it but i need to pay. It is my right not to pay for it (this came out kinda agressive but you know what i am...
  10. Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one x shows two gamertags even after change.: Preview Alpha. I'm guessing it has to do with the new gamertag system. Any help would be appreciated. Top one is the old one and bottom is the newest. Gamertag wasn't take either. Picture...