Gamertag change

Discus and support Gamertag change in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why on Earth is it 9.99 for a gamertag change when i already pay for xbox gane pass and every other microtransaction that benefits xbox and its games?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DejuanBland, Oct 17, 2020.

1. DejuanBland
    DejuanBland Guest

Gamertag change

Why on Earth is it 9.99 for a gamertag change when i already pay for xbox gane pass and every other microtransaction that benefits xbox and its games? Make it make sense.

:)

DejuanBland, Oct 17, 2020
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Gamertag change

1. Gamertag change - Similar Threads - Gamertag change

2. Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in to 360 after changing gamertag on Xbox One: Hi all, My husband changed his gamertag on xbox one a few years back. We decided to hook up our 360 last night and came to discover that on the sign in screen, his old gamertag is still...
  3. My gamertag isnt changing

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag isnt changing: Hi microsoft, I just changed my username and paid 10 dollars for it but it still hasn’t changed what do I do?0 9e4919cf-0536-48f7-8616-163f288426df
  4. HELP - PUR-StorageInternalServerError when I try to change GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP - PUR-StorageInternalServerError when I try to change GamerTag: I have been trying to change my gamertag on my account and keep getting the same error: PUR-StorageInternalServerError (this always comes up) DYQQL56x5BluAJFlH8qS09.0.12 (this seems to change...
  5. Forced change my gamertag with no reason ?!? Help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forced change my gamertag with no reason ?!? Help: The xbox enforcement team is a JOKE. Ive had this account name for 15 years and they banned it for no reason. My gamertag in question () Can someone explain to me how this broke any code of...
  6. Changer de Gamertag XBOX -[Translation - Change XBOX Gamertag]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changer de Gamertag XBOX -[Translation - Change XBOX Gamertag]: Bonjour, je voulais changer mon gamertag "Beegroo" en "Gouenne". Le problème est que "Gouenne" n'est pas autorisé. J'ai vu votre forum https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/staysafe#topic9 où...
  7. Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag?

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing the e-mail address associated with a banned gamertag?: Hi, Is there any method to swap out the associated e-mail address on an xbox account that is permanently banned so that I may use that e-mail on a non-banned account. My main e-mail address is...
  8. Cant make payment for Xbox Gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant make payment for Xbox Gamertag change: I'm trying to change my Xbox gamertag, but as i go to pay my existing payment options don't appear. When I try to create a new one, I cant change my country/region is locked into United States...
  9. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  10. Changing Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Gamertags: I have both a 360 and an Xbox One and I still play on both. I have decided to change my gamertag as I have had it for a while and have grown tired of it. If I were to change it on the 360, would...