Gamertag Change

Discus and support Gamertag Change in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I just now had my gamertag changed, but when I went to change it to a "custom one" for games that don't support the new system, somehow it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Inácio Ventura, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Gamertag Change

Hello,

I just now had my gamertag changed, but when I went to change it to a "custom one" for games that don't support the new system, somehow it didn't work and now I have these ugly numbers in Sea of Thieves for example.

When i go to change it now I have to change the entire thing but I only whant to change it for older games because it bugged, meaning I want to keep the current one but get rid of the ugly numbers on older/imcompatible games.

It really bothers me so I would apreciate any help Gamertag Change :)

I do know that you have to pay for a second change but like I want the same one just without the numbers, I don't know why it bugged but it was just now, my nephew did it also right now and it worked for him (the custom name for incompatible games), we did the exact same but for him it saved not having the ugly numbers.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

:)

Inácio Ventura, Jun 24, 2021
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Gamertag Change

1. Gamertag Change - Similar Threads - Gamertag Change

2. cannot change my xbox gamertag because it thinks I'm in the US

in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot change my xbox gamertag because it thinks I'm in the US: No amount of googling to troubleshoot is working, I am located in Australia, all my windows settings and profile information shows Australia as the region but whenever i go to customize and...
  3. Issues with changing my gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with changing my gamertag: I changed my name like a month ago, and it did change, but I can only see the new name in games. When I'm in a party or I look at my profile on my Xbox, it says the old name, with the new one...
  4. Complicated - I changed my sons gamertag on Microsft/Xbox account, however it is connected...

in XBoX on Windows
    Complicated - I changed my sons gamertag on Microsft/Xbox account, however it is connected...: Complicated - We do not have an Xbox. We used my email for years to log in to Minecraft via Microsoft/Xbox on IOS tablets. I meant to update his Minecraft email to his own (he is old enough...
  5. Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change: From a past gamertag change, I have two different usernames. After a recent change, only one of them switched. My in game name was changed but my display one stayed the same. Is there a way to...
  6. Can't change email associated with my gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't change email associated with my gamertag: Hello I would like to change the email associated with my xbox account so that I can transfer my achievements to my new microsoft account. I tried doing it from my xbox 360, but I get an error...
  7. Suggestion for gamertag changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Suggestion for gamertag changes: Why should I have to pay 10 dollars to get my old username back, or have a new username? There should be a system where you have to wait a certain amount of days and then it’s free. Maybe there...
  8. Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag changed in the minecraft launcher but not in Minecraft: I changed my gamertag but whille it shows changed in Minecraft Launcher it's not changed in minecraft itself(when I play in multiplayer the username is still the previous one...
  9. typo the xbox change gamertag "here is what your gamertag will look like"

in XboX Insiders
    typo the xbox change gamertag "here is what your gamertag will look like": in the area where it says existing and older games were designed to work with the older gamertag system, instead of saying existing. it says exisiting. I didnt know where to report this so i...
  10. I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games

in XBoX on Windows
    I changed my gamertag and now I can't log on to EA play or play any of the games: The message I receive is: Linked Accounts Found Your accounts can’t be linked because the EA Account for *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** was previously linked...