Gamertag changed for no apparent reason

Discus and support Gamertag changed for no apparent reason in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know why my gamertag was changed without my consent and what I can do to change it back or change it to something of my own... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RadiantColt499, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Gamertag changed for no apparent reason

Hello, I would like to know why my gamertag was changed without my consent and what I can do to change it back or change it to something of my own without being charged.

:)

RadiantColt499, Mar 2, 2015
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

For information about your change and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com

Smwutches, Mar 2, 2015
  3. Gamertag changed for no apparent reason

My gamertag was changed for no apparent reason but supposedly it was reported. It has no bad meaning or words in it and after talking to support they agreed and told me to post on here, hoping to get a free name change so that I do not have to choose a
    generic name, in which some are offensive as well. It's 2017, everyone finds everything offensive and I want to get this fixed because I got completely ripped off by the Xbox Enforcement Team who has nic regards for me.

WearyColt691370, Mar 2, 2015
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

You would have been given a forced name change because your gamertag violated the code of conduct. To get an official answer as to why, you will need to post here -

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

You will not be able to get the name back and you will have to pay in order to change your tag to something else.

Smwutches, Mar 2, 2015
  5. Smwutches Win User

You would have been given a forced name change because your gamertag violated the code of conduct. To get an official answer as to why, you will need to post here -

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

You will not be able to get the name back and you will have to pay in order to change your tag to something else.
  6. Smwutches Win User

For information about your change and to see about submitting a case review, you would need to go to http://enforcement.xbox.com
  7. Smwutches Win User

gamertag changed for no reason!

8. Misses Quinzel Win User

Gamertag Changed. No reason

Hey there, AngryCalf733057! I am sorry to see that you had a force name change, but referencing drugs is against the Code of Conduct.

In regards to your statement about not being able to read the CoC or the ToU on the 360 console, you can actually find those in the console settings. When signed in to your account, head over to Settings > Account > Your Information slide > Policy Documents.
    There you can see the Terms of Use, the Privacy Statement, and the Code of Conduct directly on your console. You are also given the option to read them on your console when you accept the updated terms when you sign in after we have updated them.

Hope this clears a few things up! Thanks for understanding.
  9. ABAxStorm Win User

Gamertag Changed. No reason

Sorry for the frustration, but you can read the Terms above. Thanks for being an honest member of the Xbox community!
Thema:

1. Gamertag changed for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - Gamertag changed apparent

2. Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends Changed My Gamertag To Something Vulgar.: Hello, my friends were over at my house and they thought it would be funny to change my gamertag to something vulgar. They changed my gamertag to "[mod removed]". I was wondering if I could get my...
  3. Endre gamertag på playstation4 -[Translation - Change the gamertag playstation 4]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Endre gamertag på playstation4 -[Translation - Change the gamertag playstation 4]: Hvordan endrer jeg gamertagen på ps -[Translation - How do I change the gamertag on ps] 5458a6a6-e341-4df6-995b-28e7a480e80f
  4. Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.: When i realized that there was a free gamertag change on xbox i jumped at the chance to change my main account name and then create a new account with my now streaming gamertag. what i didn't...
  5. Gamertag change but on Inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change but on Inactive account: Hi, I’m a gaming YouTubed under the name “Neg” for over a decade now and I’d like to change my gamertag to “Neg” however the gamer tag is held by an account which has been inactive for years. The...
  6. I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end: Hey, I changed my gamer tag and then it added numbers to the end that I didn't want. So I wasted a free gamer tag name change and stuck with a name I don't like. Is there any way I can fix it for...
  7. Xbox Gamertag Force Change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Gamertag Force Change: So I logged in today to the new and welcoming name of ootyiches56, yes, like bootyitches56. I think I know why it was forced changed, it might be because of it being too long because my account is...
  8. GamerTag Changed by accident

in XBoX on Consoles
    GamerTag Changed by accident: I just changed my gamertag by accident my friends said you have to pay and when I checked availability it changed my name and would like a forced name change to change my name back cause I didn’t...
  9. I want to change my gamertag... says not allowed - Why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I want to change my gamertag... says not allowed - Why?: I want to change my Xbox live gamertag to Funduce, and I have done so on EVERY other platform. However it says I cant change it because it's not allowed? Can anyone figure out why?...
  10. Gamertag changed for no apparent reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag changed for no apparent reason: My gamertag was changed for no apparent reason but supposedly it was reported. It has no bad meaning or words in it and after talking to support they agreed and told me to post on here, hoping to...