Gamertag changed without notification

Discus and support Gamertag changed without notification in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I play minecraft on my ipad and nintendo switch. I just signed in and my gamertag is different. Would they change it and assign something different... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Thestral74, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Thestral74
    Thestral74 Guest

I play minecraft on my ipad and nintendo switch. I just signed in and my gamertag is different. Would they change it and assign something different without telling me? I don't like the new tag, and microsoft wants me to pay 10 bucks to change it. Thanks.

:)

Thestral74, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Typically it would only be changed like that if you were given a forced gamertag change by the enforcement team because the tag violated the code of conduct. You can check http://enforcement.xbox.com to
    see if that is the case.
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Password changed without notification?

Hi ShamanHD! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

All password changes are notified to the account, probably you didn't see the password change message on time and was deleted by the person making the change request
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Why was my gamertag automatically changed without my notification?

You were warned.The code of conduct you agreed to when starting your account is your warning.

That name is not a auto generated gamertag so you used your free name change when you picked that gamertag.

It may be your name but that word also means something else which would be my guess as to why it was changed.

You can appeal it by filing for a case review on the enforcement site here if eligible.

If you want to change the name you were given then you will have to pay.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Why was my gamertag automatically changed without my notification?

because you already used it when you created the first name

You only get one when you first create the account and you receive an autogenerated one

Fyi you aren't allowed to repost offencive names on forums

And yes if you want a customized name again you must pay
  6. Kimberlu82 Win User

Gamertag was changed without notification from Xbox and without using 800 MS points.

What exactly do you mean? You were testing out names, hit confirm change, and then wanted another confirmation? Did it give you an error message? I think if you wanted 2 confirmations your out of luck. Since your account is so new you can create a new one,
    but go through the trouble of changing the Microsoft Account between 2 gamertags.
Thema:

1. Gamertag changed without notification - Similar Threads - Gamertag changed without

2. Gamertag Change without suffix

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Change without suffix: I want to change my gamertag without the number suffix. My gamertag is CyberHound10#642, and when I'm playing games, it'll display as CyberHound10642. I looked up on xboxgamertag.com to see if...
  3. guys i accidently changed my gamertag on windows 10 i cannot get it back without paying can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    guys i accidently changed my gamertag on windows 10 i cannot get it back without paying can...: i accidently changed my xbox gamertag on windows 10 my old one was Restingice16373 please change it back i cannot pay to change it back . please help fast 9140c163-0b64-4613-9a70-cb73ef056a50
  4. Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change tool confusing tag without suffix: Okay, long story short, I had an old gamertag that I wanted to move over to a newer microsoft account and now the gamertag tool is confused. Old account: renamed to OG (said would now be...
  5. XBOX GAMERTAG CHANGED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX GAMERTAG CHANGED WITHOUT MY PERMISSION: so this happened this year....my friend was at my house i was going to change my xbox name to but i needed to go to the toilet and while i was their my friend changed my name to FaKe Aeros to...
  6. My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox1 gamertag was changed without my permission: My friend changed my gamertag and i want it back to the original without paying 10$ if you can help. 04901f15-de5b-49dd-b79d-492ac37df70d
  7. Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval

in XBoX Accessibility
    Classic Gamertag Changed Without Approval: My xbox gamertag was changed recently without me being able to do anything about it. I got a message from Xbox saying that my gamertag was changed for being offending. My gamertag was: Nick7592....
  8. Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone changed my xbox gamertag without me knowing: My xbox gamertag had changed without my authentication and now I have to pay to change it back. I would like to revert all the unauthorized changes to my account....
  9. Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Microsoft account in XboxOne without modifying gamertag and history: We bought an XboxOne console and linked it to my Hotmail Microsoft account. My children started using it before they even had an e-mail account. Now I have given one of them (the main user of the...
  10. Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed: So my gamertag was Sync3917 and i changed it to vReflekzz and then the other day i got on and it was changed back to Sync3917 and now its saying i have to pay to change it back to vReflekzz even...