Gamertag changes

Discus and support Gamertag changes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; According to the recent gamertag changes I tried to change using the new system and received "Tag is not allowed". I would consider that the system has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/msvaillant, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Gamertag changes

According to the recent gamertag changes I tried to change using the new system and received "Tag is not allowed". I would consider that the system has found something offensive in my pseudo and I would be ok with it, but I am able to claim the same tag with the old one, moreover I use no abuse words (or at least I don't know any context in which "vaillant" can be considered such one). Are there some changes to the validation logic? About a month ago I have reported this behaviour directly to the support, but don't see any changes or notifications on this field.

As for user (btw programmer), it seems just a bit weird

submitted by /u/msvaillant
    [link] [comments]

/u/msvaillant, Aug 2, 2019
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Gamertag changes

1. Gamertag changes - Similar Threads - Gamertag changes

2. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change: Hello. I have been an xbox live gold member for 10+ years but switched to PC gaming as of last year. I wanted to do a name change and used the website but the website was very unclear about what...
  3. Gamertag was changed due to a bug?

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag was changed due to a bug?: A few hours ago I installed Halo: Reach for PC via Steam, I'm new to the whole Xbox system so when it asked me to input a gamertag I made sure to write something unique without any numbers so I...
  4. Gamertag doesnt really change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag doesnt really change: Hey guys, i bought yesterday here in germany an xbox one s all digital. I created a gamertag named Bilo0498 but i wanted to change it to . on xbox is he showing me as Bilo0498 and in games like...
  5. Attempting to change gamertag from UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Attempting to change gamertag from UK: Hi there, I've been trying to change my gamertag through the pc version of the site since I got MCC earlier today. I made a mistake in my gamertag and am now trying to pay to change it, however,...
  6. Wrong Gamertag / Changing Gamertag (Halo Reach PC Steam)

in XBoX on Windows
    Wrong Gamertag / Changing Gamertag (Halo Reach PC Steam): Earlier today I decided to purchase Halo: Reach on PC (via Steam) and when asked to log into a Microsoft account I created a new account. It then asked me to enter a gamer tag, which I did, but...
  7. Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...: So right now I'm kinda pissed cause I changed my gamertag yesterday to what it is on all my other games and it said that it would add 4 numbers to the end of my username. That would've been fine...
  8. Regarding suffix numbers in new gamertag changes

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Regarding suffix numbers in new gamertag changes: At the time of this post, the suffix numbers in your gamertag (for a duplicate username) seem to show up in-game. According to the Gamertag Update FAQ: "A few games released this year might...
  9. Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to change gamertag but keep getting suffix?: I've been trying to change my gamertag from this default one to something I know hasn't been taken but I keep getting an annoying suffix put on it. Someone does have the same name with a space. Is...
  10. Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unwanted numbers in gamertag after i changed it.: Hello, i just changed my gamertag and i have numbers in my gt now, which i didn't type. When i was changing it it said #2312 in gray behind the name i wanted to change it, but it never said that...