Gamertag changes

Discus and support Gamertag changes in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; According to the recent gamertag changes I tried to change using the new system and received "Tag is not allowed". I would consider that the system has... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/msvaillant, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Gamertag changes

According to the recent gamertag changes I tried to change using the new system and received "Tag is not allowed". I would consider that the system has found something offensive in my pseudo and I would be ok with it, but I am able to claim the same tag with the old one, moreover I use no abuse words (or at least I don't know any context in which "vaillant" can be considered such one). Are there some changes to the validation logic? About a month ago I have reported this behaviour directly to the support, but don't see any changes or notifications on this field.

As for user (btw programmer), it seems just a bit weird

submitted by /u/msvaillant
    [link] [comments]

/u/msvaillant, Aug 2, 2019
  2. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

3. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  4. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  5. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
  6. ISirProdigy007 Win User

Gamertag

Hi,

Everything you need to know about forced gamertag changes

And I quote

" I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?

Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result, the Gamertag enforcement
    process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the standard Gamertag change process."

Source link:
    enforcement.xbox.com/.../HowTo

You will need to pay for the change unfortunately!.

Happy Gaming!
Thema:

Gamertag changes

1. Gamertag changes - Similar Threads - Gamertag changes

2. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  3. XBOX change gamertag malfunction

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX change gamertag malfunction: I created an xbox account just now and I have been trying to change my gamertag. After I found an original gamertag, I claimed it. However, it just says "An unexpected error occurred. Please try...
  4. Changing my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my gamertag: Hello there, i don't know if i ask in the good place but i've got an issue with my Xbox acount : I'm trying to change my gamertag but the xbox live asks me my card number in U.S. the issue is i'm...
  5. Gamertag Change Invalid Charge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Invalid Charge: So, apparently, years ago (when Windows 10 first came out--and perhaps even before that), I created a "Microsoft" account--Perhaps it was when I bought a Zune for my wife (2 months before...
  6. Change gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamertag issue: I would like to make a petition, I want to change my gamertag but the one that I want it's not available because it was used by someone who's inactive. This profile doesn't have any achievements...
  7. Change Gamertag <fixed>

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Gamertag <fixed>: Trying to change my gamertag. My desired gamertag says its is available but when I click "Claim It" I get an error that says to contact support. But when I click contact support it says Xbox...
  8. Xbox Ambassador information not updating since I changed my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Ambassador information not updating since I changed my Gamertag: Hi, I've been trying to figure out why I haven't been able to access any ambassador features for quite some time now. It seems like my old Gamertag (CrunchLunch) is still registered into their...
  9. New Gamertag changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Gamertag changes: Any existing gamertag will stay as they are. Nobody is forcing you to change gamertag. The new ones just mean that people wilp be able to have the tag they want and it is a way to increase the...
  10. gamertag still hasn't changed

in XBoX on Windows
    gamertag still hasn't changed: Split from this thread. anyone help. about half an hour ago i paid to change my gamertag and it still hasn't changed but i have been charged for it, b96a8fdc-70d2-457c-82c8-7d4de5fece89