Gamertag Character limit increase

Discus and support Gamertag Character limit increase in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm confident I'm not the first person to bring this up. I had a great GT before changing it back to my old one after a *fun night* that I don't even... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SteelGhillie, Feb 12, 2020.

1. SteelGhillie
    SteelGhillie Guest

I'm confident I'm not the first person to bring this up. I had a great GT before changing it back to my old one after a *fun night* that I don't even remember. I left it alone for a while and on the VERY SAME DAY I decided to change it back, the new GT
    system was implemented only allowing 12 characters. My GT that i wanted back is 13. ONE NUMBER OFF. It was a unique name and an inside joke with my group of friends I have been playing with on Xbox for almost a decade. It SUCKS that I can't get it back.
    I understand that with the new system it can be whatever you want with the # junk but it isn't the same without the last letter. It was unique and a call to a good time with my friends. Again, I'm aware this will most likely get lost in the pile, not be addressed,
    or unfulfilled but what can i say, I'm an optimist.

As another point, limiting it to 12 characters SEVERELY stifles your community's creativity. I've seen incredible GT's upwards of 15 characters. funny, clever, simple, intricate, etc. essentially what I'm saying is; the new system blows. Increasing the
    character limit won't kill you.

Thanks Gamertag Character limit increase :)

:)

SteelGhillie, Feb 12, 2020
  2. MindOfTim Win User

If your gamer tag was special why did you change it to begin with? You aren't the first person who's upset by this change. I have never changed my gamer tag but was planning to and what I was going to change it to was 14 characters, I didn't know at the
    time that the limit had been changed which is a shame
  3. ImpaledGremlin Win User

Tbh I preferred the old system anyway
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

Yeah, that was not a clever move: i underatand the #number thing but decreasing the lenght?
  5. Sayann X Win User

Hello, it's a topic you can launch in the discussion section but here as you said, there's nothing we can do about it. Now it's limited to 12 characters
  6. Funnywizard9756 Win User

I agree is hard to create a decent gamertag with only 12 characters at your disposal. Especially if you dont what a # with numbers after it
Thema:

1. Gamertag Character limit increase - Similar Threads - Gamertag Character limit

2. Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suggestion For New Gamertag 12 Character Limit: Alright, it makes complete sense why they had to reduce the character limit to 12 for non-unique gamertags to fit the suffix, but I feel as though if you can still create a unique gamertag with...
  3. Can we please have more than 12 characters for our Gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please have more than 12 characters for our Gamertag?: This stifles creativity by a huge amount. 12 is too few. The gamertag I use on every other service is ButterflyTsunami - 16 charactersWhy can't they change it from 12 to 16? Or 17, or 18. ??? Not...
  4. 15 Character Gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    15 Character Gamertags: Well howdy there! I am making this post to potentially start a discussion, or maybe to draw some eyes, to a little hiccup I ran into today. I had a 14 character Gamertag for years and years, but...
  5. 15 Character Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    15 Character Gamertag: I think that its unfair that you can’t have a 15 character gamertag despite others having one. All I would like is the opportunity to change my gamertag so that it is 15 characters long. I know...
  6. PLEASE BRING BACK 15 CHARACTER GAMERTAGS. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED MINE BECAUSE OF POORLY...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE BRING BACK 15 CHARACTER GAMERTAGS. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGED MINE BECAUSE OF POORLY...: My gamertag was the same as my reddit name "TheLastMojojomo". I was just screwing around with changing it last night and accidentally changed it to "FlitterBits" while fooling around in a party...
  7. Xbox should add special characters such as “_” and “-“ to the gamertags.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox should add special characters such as “_” and “-“ to the gamertags.: I’ve seen this on the PS4 and PC, so why not Xbox? It’ll add more availability to gamertags. 2b4b7387-077f-4224-a717-bb5c8e8939c7
  8. I would really want a 13 character gamertag, is there anyway to make this possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I would really want a 13 character gamertag, is there anyway to make this possible?: n/a this post has been solved thank you for the help everyone! c719ca83-a7f0-4806-8bfb-67bae91bc4f5
  9. Disallowed Japanese character for xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disallowed Japanese character for xbox gamertag: I want to change my gamer tag to a Japanese name that contains an accented "i" (" ī "), but to do that I need the character " ー " ("KATAKANA-HIRAGANA PROLONGED SOUND MARK"), which is blocked...
  10. Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can You Raise The Gamertag Character Limit to 16 or more?: Hi! I am a Minecraft: Pocket Edition fan! I have created my own Minecraft username that is greater than 15 characters. I really want to keep my Minecraft username. My Minecraft username has lots...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one x support 15 characters gametag