Gamertag different on screen

Discus and support Gamertag different on screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My gamertag is not what is on my play screen when i go live.......Help 091587e3-d021-4f62-83a8-4abca0b20681 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillieBsnipinU, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Gamertag different on screen

My gamertag is not what is on my play screen when i go live.......Help

:)

WillieBsnipinU, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Honda Man 04 Win User

Have you checked the game forums?

I would guess that this is an issue with their service, so maybe you can find something about it there because it would be unusual that you are the only one this is happening to since you mentioned it started after you downloaded the new season.

https://www.codforums.com/forums/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.116/
  3. Honda Man 04 Win User

Is it only when you are in a game, if so what game? Some games like Roblox can have names other than your gamer tag. If you have an account with that game you can pick other names. Perhaps you have done that in the past, but forgot that you put a different
    name. My friend plays COD MW and makes clips. When I watch them his kills are under the name that he created with the game which is different from his gamer tag. It can be confusing to watch.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring about how your Gamertag is currently being displayed when on your account.

Is this the original Gametag that was provided to you when you created your Microsoft account?

If you haven't already, you can actually
    change your Gamertag
    once for free, or if you have already used this, prior to the new Gamertag system that has just recently been incorporated [which you can find more info on

here
    ] you would receive an additional free Gamertag change.

Keep in mind that if you have already exhausted this option, then you would be required to provide a service fee in order to configure your Gamertag once more.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. WillieBsnipinU Win User

COD MW. Everything was ok until i downloaded the season 2. My gamer tag i log in with. But when the game screen comes up its my password that is on the screen with my clan tag......
  6. DogBoyDerekD Win User

Different Screens

Your opponent needs to either- A. Reboot their Phone. B. Uninstall/Reinstall the game. Don't worry, you won't lose any stats or games. It's all saved in the cloud.
Thema:

1. Gamertag different on screen - Similar Threads - Gamertag different screen

2. Migrate xbox gamertag to different microsoft account

in XboX Insiders
    Migrate xbox gamertag to different microsoft account: Account 1 - Has all of my Office accounts, Onedrive data etc... Account 2 - Has a xbox gamertag I've used since xbox live first launched I can't give up either account but its frustrating having...
  3. Migrate xbox gamertag to different microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Migrate xbox gamertag to different microsoft account: Account 1 - Has all of my Office accounts, Onedrive data etc... Account 2 - Has a xbox gamertag I've used since xbox live first launched I can't give up either account but its frustrating having...
  4. I changed my new account gamertag to a different gamertag can I use it on my old account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my new account gamertag to a different gamertag can I use it on my old account...: I saw the new update on gamertags so I wanted my old account to have no suffix when I changed my new accounts gamertag. b3001add-e8db-466e-b5cf-16853de7cdeb
  5. Assigning Gamertag to different Email Address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Assigning Gamertag to different Email Address: Hi, I'd really appreciate any help with this. My Xbox Account was set up on my Xbox 360 with an older email. I want to have my Gamertag and full Xbox profile linked to a different email address....
  6. This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.

in XBoX on Consoles
    This gamertag isn’t allowed. Try a different one.: Can’t change my gamer tag to a new tag with “Sm3xy” in it even though it’s already in my current gamer tag. Ive tried to pair it with everything but it just doesn’t seem to like the word “Sm3xy”....
  7. Moving a gamertag to a different microsoft acount

in XBoX on Windows
    Moving a gamertag to a different microsoft acount: I have an Xbox gamer tag, however I have a different Microsoft account I used to sign in to windows, I then bought Gears of war 4 and its season pass through the windows 10 app store, when I try...
  8. Xbox One S + One X ------- 1 Xbox-MS-Account with 2 different Gamertags / How can I login...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S + One X ------- 1 Xbox-MS-Account with 2 different Gamertags / How can I login...: Hi, I hope someone can help me :) I have 2 Xbox Consoles. 1x One S 1x One X When I bought the One S two years ago I created an Xbox-MS-Account at the initial setup. I got a certain...
  9. Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Add ability to move Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account.: I know this has been asked and asked again. I'm hoping this continues to get attention though. Currently I have my Gamertag tied to one Microsoft Account (MSA) and not the one I use. I would...
  10. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...