Gamertag different on screen

Discus and support Gamertag different on screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My gamertag is not what is on my play screen when i go live.......Help 091587e3-d021-4f62-83a8-4abca0b20681 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WillieBsnipinU, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Gamertag different on screen

My gamertag is not what is on my play screen when i go live.......Help

:)

WillieBsnipinU, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Honda Man 04 Win User

Have you checked the game forums?

I would guess that this is an issue with their service, so maybe you can find something about it there because it would be unusual that you are the only one this is happening to since you mentioned it started after you downloaded the new season.

https://www.codforums.com/forums/call-of-duty-modern-warfare.116/
  3. Honda Man 04 Win User

Is it only when you are in a game, if so what game? Some games like Roblox can have names other than your gamer tag. If you have an account with that game you can pick other names. Perhaps you have done that in the past, but forgot that you put a different
    name. My friend plays COD MW and makes clips. When I watch them his kills are under the name that he created with the game which is different from his gamer tag. It can be confusing to watch.
  4. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are inquiring about how your Gamertag is currently being displayed when on your account.

Is this the original Gametag that was provided to you when you created your Microsoft account?

If you haven't already, you can actually
    change your Gamertag
    once for free, or if you have already used this, prior to the new Gamertag system that has just recently been incorporated [which you can find more info on

here
    ] you would receive an additional free Gamertag change.

Keep in mind that if you have already exhausted this option, then you would be required to provide a service fee in order to configure your Gamertag once more.

I hope this is of some use to you.
  5. WillieBsnipinU Win User

COD MW. Everything was ok until i downloaded the season 2. My gamer tag i log in with. But when the game screen comes up its my password that is on the screen with my clan tag......
  6. DogBoyDerekD Win User

Different Screens

Your opponent needs to either- A. Reboot their Phone. B. Uninstall/Reinstall the game. Don't worry, you won't lose any stats or games. It's all saved in the cloud.
Thema:

1. Gamertag different on screen - Similar Threads - Gamertag different screen

2. Same Person Adding me on different Accounts with same Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Same Person Adding me on different Accounts with same Gamertag: I'm a Active Supporter I added [mod removed] once several Months ago then erased him because he wasn't Supporting me so ever since i erased him he's been adding me once a week & once every 2 weeks...
  3. How do I change the current email associated with my gamertag to a different email?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I change the current email associated with my gamertag to a different email?: My current account is linked to my gamertag and I keep finding the same support page over and over again rather than what I actually need. Email A is linked to my Xbox Account/Gamertag, I want to...
  4. My profile has two different Gamertags

in XboX Insiders
    My profile has two different Gamertags: Issues with Gamertag Back when the new gamertag system was announced, (where you can add any name and it assigns a #code at the end like Discord) I wanted to try it out and see how it looked....
  5. Xbox party chat name is different from gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox party chat name is different from gamertag: How can I make my party chat name my actual name WITHOUT changing my gamertag. Please help! b0cd92c7-0d2b-42c2-959d-ba6c00679a9b
  6. Xbox Game Pass app does not support different store and gamertag accounts

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass app does not support different store and gamertag accounts: Hi, In my xbox 360 days, I used a secondary email adress for my xbox live account, thus linking my gamertag to this adress. Last year I subscribed to game pass PC on my windows 10 computer,...
  7. Changed gamertag on one account and it changed on a different account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed gamertag on one account and it changed on a different account.: I just logged into a whole new microsoft account and was about to change the gamertag with a free name change and it SOMEHOW auto logged into my other account and changed that accounts gamertag...
  8. Move Gamertag to different email

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move Gamertag to different email: I have a xbox one s. The xbox live is setup with my email and only my son usesit to play so his gamertag is alocated to my email. My son just recently created his own email so I would like to...
  9. "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one."

in XBoX on Consoles
    "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one.": I get this error when trying to change it to my current username. I don't understand why it isn't allowed. cf6ca9ef-2fd4-4a78-a443-859929e24b51
  10. Can you transfer a gamertag to a different account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you transfer a gamertag to a different account?: Hi, I'd like to know if it is possible to move a gamertag from one Microsoft account to another. My old gamertag is from when I was a kid and I didn't have access to it for years because it was...