Gamertag displays random name

Discus and support Gamertag displays random name in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I have set up an Xbox Profile to play Gears 5 on Steam, but each time I tried to register I have been allocated a completely random name. How can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Vlad89s, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Vlad89s
    Vlad89s Guest

Hi,

I have set up an Xbox Profile to play Gears 5 on Steam, but each time I tried to register I have been allocated a completely random name. How can I change that?

Thanks.

:)

Vlad89s, Sep 13, 2019
  2. luissolid Win User

Hello!

When you start the game and sign in with the Xbox Live account, the name change Everytime you start the game?

You can change your gamertag 1 time for free (if you get the random tag by Xbox)

You can go to my profile and change it.
  3. FreakRoach Win User

4. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

You can change gamertag, if I'm not mistaken the first time you move is for free.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

6. Lavindathar Win User

Gamertag

No. Gamertag change does nothing except change the display name of your gamertag. That's it.
Thema:

1. Gamertag displays random name - Similar Threads - Gamertag displays random

2. Xbox gamertag linked to someone else's Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag linked to someone else's Microsoft account.: Here's the backstory to my problem. I created my Xbox account 10+ years ago on the Xbox 360 until the next gen consoles were released. When the Xbox One was first announced I thought it was...
  3. Gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag.: [Mod removed- personal information]Hi I recently paid for and changed my gamertag and the transaction went threw but my gamertag still hasnt updated, i have the receipt proof of purchase. How do i...
  4. XBOX Live GamerTag inactive

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX Live GamerTag inactive: Hello All and thank you for taking the time to read my question. I am highly anticipating the new release of Microsoft Flight Sim and took this time to update my profile information. I noticed...
  5. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  6. Changed Gamertag but it displays the old one in zombies only???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed Gamertag but it displays the old one in zombies only???: Dear community, Can someone tell me how come on call of duty 3….I have changed my gamertag but, in zombies it stayed the same as my original gamertag and clan tag? Weird.??? I have xbox one s...
  7. xbox gamertag of child account not displayed on parents but linked properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox gamertag of child account not displayed on parents but linked properly: So there seems to be many people with this same issue and I cannot find a solution anywhere. Issue: I have a Microsoft and xbox account and created accounts for my kids. Added them as child...
  8. Set login greeting to NAME not GAMERTAG (and display name in upper left)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set login greeting to NAME not GAMERTAG (and display name in upper left): Hello! My wife is now using my xbox one to watch tv, but she doesn't like being greeted by her GAMERTAG instead of her name when she logs in. She also doesn't like that it is stuck in the upper...
  9. Can the Xbox One display Gamertags of friends when sent a message, invited to party, etc...?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the Xbox One display Gamertags of friends when sent a message, invited to party, etc...?: Hello, I was wondering if the Xbox One is able to display the Gamertag of the person who sent you a message or invited you to play a game or join a party, as it was able to on the Xbox 360. I...
  10. Xbox displays different email then website for my gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox displays different email then website for my gamertag.: So I logged in to Xbox live today and it prompted me that I should look over my email and see if It's still valid. I looked it over, and it turns out that email was not an email I remember using...