gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account!

Discus and support gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm really new to on line gaming; got an Xbox One a month ago and within two weeks it started smoking and died. I'd changed the gamertag from a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by desmohead864, Nov 16, 2014.

1. desmohead864
    desmohead864 Guest

I'm really new to on line gaming; got an Xbox One a month ago and within two weeks it started smoking and died. I'd changed the gamertag from a default one to a new one before console #1 (Smoky) died. While waiting for the new console I was online on my
    PC with this website and noticed that the old default gamertag was still showing top right. I changed it again and picked a different one from before. I thought that changing gamertags must be pretty common and I'd already forgotten the one trapped in Smoky

A week later console #2 (Buzzy) arrived and during set-up I was saw my new gamertag. I was unable to see and reload the one game (Minecraft) I had purchased and downloaded directly to Smoky. After an hour "chatting" with an MS tech, I was informed that
    the issue was due to a gamertag/email association issue; apparently you can't have two gamertags associated with one email address but somehow I did. When I changed my gamertag on my PC, the purchase of Minecraft was associated with the old gamertag and not
    transferred to the new one. I was given a phone number to call. After 86 minutes talking to a MS tech directly, I was told that the problem had to be elevated to the Escalation Analysts to fix and that I may have to wait 4 days before a response. Minecraft
    cost me about $23 including tax; MS has probably blown three times this paying for the techs that were not able to solve my problem and will pay more for the Escalation analyst. Meanwhile, I can't risk downloading any pay-games in case the the records get
    mixed up more; as far as I'm aware I do not have a "parent" account yet.

I was also told that the first account that was set-up and associated with a credit card for paying for downloads is the "parent" account. Subsequent accounts set-up on a console are "children" accounts. Somehow my weird double gamertag account shows as
    a "child" account.

I'm told that this is a very rare occurrence.

My Xbox One experience has not been good. Wondering now what to do with Buzzy.....

:)

desmohead864, Nov 16, 2014
  2. AndyP_666
    AndyP_666 Guest
    Can you sign in Xbox live with a different E-mail account?

yeah just create a new email address, go to xbox.com and change the email associated with your gamertag. heres the lnk for you.
    My account : Gamertag and profile

AndyP_666, Nov 16, 2014
  3. mk30001
    mk30001 Guest
    Xbox one followers privacy/spam concerns. END IT

Even if you change your Gamertag, you purchases and saves are still locked to your account. I could change my gamertag right now and I still have everything. It stays with the email address you signed up with, not gamertag.

mk30001, Nov 16, 2014
  4. DigitalAssassin Win User

my profile

5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Can only access one profile on xbox

How it will allow access to your account is gamertag A and B are associated with one email.

-

After you associate gamertag A with a different email, then re-download gamertag B using the information you used to use for gamertag A you should see the account you're missing. This is only if in fact both gamertags are associated with the one email.

-

Quite often I have seen this issue and 9 times out of 10 they are using the wrong email and password for the gamertag they want to see. You can try verify you have the right email address with some of the tips at this link:

http://support.xbox.com/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/forgot-microsoft-account
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Xbox profiles duplicate loginins

Hey there, as long as you can still sign-in one of the gamertags on the Xbox you should be able to change the email associated with the account following the steps here:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

-

If you associate the randomly generated gamertags with another email their original gamertag should show up under their original email.
  7. dizZzanE Win User

Incorrect email address

the actual email address associate with my gamertag , the one i use to sign into hotmail and recover my gamertag with is [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT]
  8. Jacyintha Win User

Xbox.com Signing In

You might want to double check that. The only time you can have the same email attached to two accounts is when its really the parent email over a child account or the email has been disassociated from the gamertag and attached to a new one. Phone support
    is likely your best bet if its been associated to a new gamertag.
Thema:

1. gamertag/email association issue; two gamertags but one email account! - Similar Threads - gamertag email association

2. Gamertag associated with now defunct email, Please Help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag associated with now defunct email, Please Help!: Hi all, I have a defunct email which I no longer can access, I just purchased a Surface Pro and am trying to get everything all under the same profile including my Xbox One Profile/Account/Tag....
  3. Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?: So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't exist. Every game achievement, etc, associated...
  4. Changing the email associated with my gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Changing the email associated with my gamertag: I created a gamertag to play with some friends on windows 10. After signing in to my email and my microsoft account a number of times, the app continued to automatically sign in on a family...
  5. How can I find the email or cel associated with a gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I find the email or cel associated with a gamertag?: We had to reformat our xbox one because it was having all kinds of problems and now my son can't log back in to his account. We know the gamertag but the only email address or cel number he could...
  6. Change email address associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change email address associated with gamertag: Split from this thread. Hi there Am I able to change the email address associated with a gamertag at all please? Thanks Robin c9845682-d69b-4930-989d-c0b83eaa0dfa
  7. Delete a gamertag associated with an email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Delete a gamertag associated with an email address: I have one two email addresses in my Microsoft family account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***...
  8. Change Email Associated with Xbox Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Email Associated with Xbox Gamertag: When we first got our xbox, we had two accounts with gold. One under my siblings email, and one under my dad's email. Since my dad doesn't play on our xbox, I 'claimed' it as my own and have been...
  9. Changing xbox gamertag email associated is already on a different account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing xbox gamertag email associated is already on a different account: My xbox gamertag is on an old email address I no longer use. The email I am using already has this randomly generated gamertag associated with it. How do I go about changing my old email to the...
  10. Is it possible to associate my xbox gamertag with a new email address only?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to associate my xbox gamertag with a new email address only?: Is it possible to move my gamertag to a new Microsoft account and completely disassociate with the old account? My son would like to do this now that he is grown. Of course he does not want to...