Gamertag from inactive account

Discus and support Gamertag from inactive account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ottr, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Ottr
    Ottr Guest

I'm attempting to get a gamertag from an inactive Xbox account under the name "" i need all the help i can get getting this to someone who can help me go about acquiring this name for my Xbox account. any help appreciated!

:)

Ottr, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Jeremy2085 Win User

If you have your account information then you should be able too recover your old gamertag with your email address and password that you use for your microsoft account. Try searching for it on xbox live too first off find the right information you need
    then try too recover the account off xbox live so that you will be able too use the account again.
  3. steeledwand7664 Win User

Once a gamertag is acquired MS will not release the gamertag until that account has been completely inactive with anything to do with MS not just the xbox for 5 years from the last date that it was used. Keep in mind even if it may seem like a gamertag
    is inactive on the xbox console that does not mean that the MS account associated with that gamertag is not being used in something else associated with MS.
  4. Simple OJ Win User

Once it is claimed you are not able to get that name anymore.
  5. I ThaRipper I Win User

I’ve had a similar issue trying to recover a gametag. Gamertags are highly unique and it can be a very long time before Xbox releases the gamertag once the account is full closed out. Rule of thumb if you try to use a gamertag and it says unavailable unfortunately
    you will have to use one that is available.
  6. Pandy Yato Win User

Thema:

1. Gamertag from inactive account - Similar Threads - Gamertag inactive account

2. Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Ability to grab the Gamertag of an old inactive account: There is an old Gamertag that I've kept my eyes on for a bit and I would love to have the name. It's been inactive for years so it's just sitting there collecting dust. It's a name I've been going...
  3. Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive account has a gamertag i wish to switch my name to.: I have been looking for a gamer tag to switch to and have come up with a couple cool ones but are sadly taken by inactive accounts which are not in use. I was curious if microsoft could free up...
  4. Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Inactive Gamertag reset. Old xbox 360 account.: Can you pls give me the gamertag " Xuu " because the acc is for a long time inactive. I really want the gamertag and I think a live supporter created the ticket [mod removed] for me....
  5. Xbox gamertag and inactive account update

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag and inactive account update: so whats going on with this new update im hearing coming out next month like can someone tell me whats going to happen 8e3011a8-76e9-44bb-861a-38c52e8c6367
  6. inactive accounts gamertags

in XBoX on Consoles
    inactive accounts gamertags: I am just here to say that microsoft should open up all of the gamertags of inactive/deactivated accounts to be used by people that actually play! my dream username is taken by one of these...
  7. When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Xbox release inactive account gamertags out again?: I know they recycled more than 1 million gamertag including OGS and 2016. ea860d2d-9bb9-48ee-abfa-ad8a8aeef14e
  8. There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is any chance to claim a gamertag reset for an inactive account?: For long I've been wanting to have my gamertag as (Mod Removed) But the thing is that there is an account that has never been used once that has that gamertag on, my question is: Can somebody...
  9. Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive Xbox Gamertag/Closed Account: I want to change my Xbox gamertag to a name of an inactive gamertag. I just had a chat with Microsoft support and they have informed me that the person that had this gamertag closed their account,...
  10. Gamertags/inactive accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertags/inactive accounts: If i want a particular gamertag and an account already has it but that account has been inactive for a very long time, is it possible for that gt to be reset for me to have it?...