Gamertag & Game purchase

Discus and support Gamertag & Game purchase in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have just deleted my microsoft account and gamertag and created a new tag. The games I bought and downloaded via my old tag are still on my hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ChummierAcorn19, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Gamertag & Game purchase

I have just deleted my microsoft account and gamertag and created a new tag. The games I bought and downloaded via my old tag are still on my hard drive fully downloaded full versions & expansions. Each time I try to access these games it doesn’t
    register that I own them and says I have to pay for them again. Is there a fault or what?

:)

ChummierAcorn19, Oct 6, 2019
  2. denis97g Win User

Gamertag & Game purchase

games are tied to the microsoft account that bought them, so if you delete your account you lose access to them and you'll have to buy them again
  3. Tarnend Win User

Gamertag & Game purchase

As others have said, games are tied to the microsoft account/xbox account you used to purchase them, if you wanted a new name you could have just changed your gamertag.

If you have not closed your microsoft account then download that profile again onto your xbox and sign it in, then sign back in to your new profile and the games will be playable.
  4. ScottTHEscammeR Win User

Gamertag & Game purchase

Getting rid on your account will lose you access to the games linked to it . If you simply want a new gamertag you can change it via xbox.com
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Gamertag & Game purchase

Have you deleted your account from the console or you have really closed/deleted your account on Microsoft?

In the first case you can simply readd your old account, in the second case... you lose your purchased games
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Gamertag & Game purchase

Hi ChummierAcorn19,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. As the Ambassadors have already stated, if you've deleted your Microsoft account, then any items purchased with the account, emails, etc. are also removed as well, meaning you'll no longer have
    access to them.

As our Ambassador, steeledwand7664, has additionally stated, if you're within 60 days of closing your account, you can ask to have
    it reopened per the support article entitled
    How to close your Microsoft account
    . If you'd like assistance in getting the account reopened, then I would further recommend
    requesting a call back or chat with Xbox Support, or

Microsoft Support
    as they can guide you more directly.

• Reopen your Microsoft account

Go to
      account.microsoft.com
      and sign in.

You'll be asked to receive and enter a security code. After you enter the code, your account will be reopened. Subscriptions, profiles, and content that were on the account prior to closing will be available to you, including rewards
      points, Xbox profile gamertag, Gamerscore, and purchased content.
    • Notes
      • Any time remaining on your subscription will be available to you, but you won't get back the time that passed while your account was pending closure.
      • If you cancelled any subscriptions outright, or if your subscription time has run out, you'll need to repurchase the subscription.
      • If you cancelled any other associated subscriptions or services prior to closing your Microsoft account, you may have to reinstate those subscriptions. For more info, check the websites where you originally purchased those subscriptions or services.

I hope that this information helps you out to recover your account.
    Since there is no further resolution and in an effort to minimize repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to come back to the Xbox forum (Do not repost the same question or thread
    as that would violate the Xbox Forum Guidelines).

Thanks again for posting in the forums and happy gaming.
Thema:

Gamertag & Game purchase

1. Gamertag & Game purchase - Similar Threads - Gamertag Game purchase

2. Cannot start a game using my profile with GamerTag 'MarcGaston' - says profile is used by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot start a game using my profile with GamerTag 'MarcGaston' - says profile is used by...: I cannot start Mortal Kombat 11 with my usual profile. Gamertag = 'MarcGaston' - Error message is (translated) 'profile is already used' 416bb565-a15f-4caa-a848-50716e99e7a1
  3. Xbox gamertag interfering with re-download of PAID game on RCA android tablet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag interfering with re-download of PAID game on RCA android tablet: I had to reset my RCA android tablet back to factory settings. Bummer, but was acting wonky. Got what little I keep on it set up again except my paid for subscription of "Microsoft Premium...
  4. Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my new gamertag show on party chat or any games: [img] I changed to my gamertag to ^^ cause it looks cool but as it turns out nobody can see it why is that? c63f7d0a-aac4-4925-b335-08cf9df455ff
  5. Troca de game tag [Mod Translated - Gamertag Exchange]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Troca de game tag [Mod Translated - Gamertag Exchange]: Ao saber da mudanca de game tag procedi pra mudar a minha, no entanto o que era de graca foi me cobrado. Tem como reverter essa cobranca? [Mod Translated - When I learned of the Gamertag change I...
  6. How do IRetreive ole gamertag and stolen account plus purchased games and 12 months live?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do IRetreive ole gamertag and stolen account plus purchased games and 12 months live?: Is there anyway to migrate old purchased Microsoft Software, and ea(eletronic arts)-games, live12months multiplay and upgrades, updates, once identity is re-established ? To a new account and...
  7. Various gamertags gifted game purchases under my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Various gamertags gifted game purchases under my account.: I have almost 300.00 in gifted games to gamertags. I believe ive been hacked and made all changes to my account to stop the charges. What can i do to recover the money?...
  8. Purchased Xbox PC game under the wrong gamertag.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Xbox PC game under the wrong gamertag.: Accidently purchased a Xbox game for Window 10 (Minecraft $9.99) for my son, but didn't realize that I was under my gamertag account. Is there a way to have the game switched to his gamertag? Or...
  9. Gamertag+Game Purchases+High Scores

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag+Game Purchases+High Scores: All are gone!!!! Even after "reinstall" my dumb phone installs games but no content. I have like $100+ tied into extra crap on these games!! I want my content back!!!...
  10. Purchased Games & DLC - New Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased Games & DLC - New Gamertag: I'm considering purchasing a new gamertag because I'm receiving little to no help from Microsoft regarding a voice communication issue following the ending communication suspension (which was 2...