Gamertag/hashtag issue and question?

Discus and support Gamertag/hashtag issue and question? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi anyone, Just noticed we get a free gamertag change since the introduction of the hashtag system and wanted to take advantage of this, however I've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by gothicwigga, Mar 20, 2020.

1. gothicwigga
    gothicwigga Guest

Hi anyone,

Just noticed we get a free gamertag change since the introduction of the hashtag system and wanted to take advantage of this, however I've noticed that with a few names i've checked it is adding a hashtag to the end as though somebody else is already using
    the name, yet when I search no accounts exist using said name. What is the deal with this? I do not want a hashtag on my name if I am the original user.

Thanks

:)

gothicwigga, Mar 20, 2020
  2. Smwutches Win User

Ah That's because the new characters are part of the new gamertag policy. So those will have the suffix.
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

As there is no further info that we can provide to you on this matter, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day.
  4. gothicwigga Win User

Thanks for the quick solution
  5. Smwutches Win User

Keep in mind that the system doesn't see things like capitalization or spacing as making a gamertag unique. So you may be searching for "gamertag" and not see a profile, but it's actually taken as "Gamer Tag".
  6. gothicwigga Win User

I notice it's mostly when I use characters from the russian or greek alphabet, is there a connection here? Or have I just gotten unlucky to encounter this issue with multiple tries?
Thema:

1. Gamertag/hashtag issue and question? - Similar Threads - Gamertag hashtag issue

2. Gamertag not allowed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag not allowed?: Hi, I'm trying to make my gamertag the same as every other platform I play on. Unfortunately it says: "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." My gamertag is 9 letters, so it should...
  3. Changing an email address attached to a gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing an email address attached to a gamertag: Hi I've asked this question before but don't know if things have changed since. My wife set up her sons xbox gamertag with her email address so obviously he uses her password to sign in. Now...
  4. Mistake in Gamertags

in XBoX Accessibility
    Mistake in Gamertags: So basically, earlier today I decided to "change" my gamertag for the third time. I knew I couldn't because I've used my free attempt. I was confused at first because I got a third gamertag change...
  5. Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old Xbox gamertag not accepted in Microsoft recovery: Hi all, Recently got my xbox 360 back from my brother. We've been trying to recover our old account for a little while since we forgot the password the to the account email & the emailadres for...
  6. I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...

in XBoX on Windows
    I changed my gamertag and I want to change it back to the original. The new gamertag...: The new gamertag allowance is 12 characters or less. How do I change it back to the original? 85868bbf-d089-4156-a549-3c927748f6d3
  7. My gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    My gamertag: Hi, I change my gamertag on my pc to play forza horizon 4 and he add this number in my name 4713. I dont know why. I cant change my name after that. Why and can I change my name free ?...
  8. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: Why does my gamertag on cod show as anon.... 63e7762c-6358-4bb6-bea1-db5a9f9c567f
  9. Gamertag is not associated with account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag is not associated with account: Removed my profile from my Xbox One. Logged back in and my Gamertag is not coming up. If I search for it under find friends, I see it. How do I associate it back to my login. It is not showing on...
  10. Gamertag Hashtags

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Hashtags: At first i thought hashtags were great! but now, not that much... I dislike it due to the hashtag numbers showing up in games. its bizarre. is there any way to turn off this hashtag feature. and...