Gamertag Help

Discus and support Gamertag Help in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello all. So recently I tried to change my Xbox gamertag and the tag I wanted had been used. So I searched the name on a xbox gamertag search website... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CharlesGill1, Sep 1, 2019.

1. CharlesGill1
    CharlesGill1 Guest

Gamertag Help

Hello all. So recently I tried to change my Xbox gamertag and the tag I wanted had been used. So I searched the name on a xbox gamertag search website and found that the account was last active in 2011. If I recall i remember xbox did a thing where old
    accounts that had not been used in 5 years were being released and you could claim them. So I am just wondering why I cant claim this gamertag and if there was a way that I could. Thank you.

:)

CharlesGill1, Sep 1, 2019
  2. NonSportsGirl Win User

Gamertag help?

I suggest asking an Ambassador. I hear those guys are really knowledgable.

A seriously answer would be that you've got a slim chance in hell of finding either. If someone did find one, do you really think they'd tell or is it more likely they'd claim it for themselves.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag help

The enforcement team would only give you a forced name change if someone filed a complaint on your account ( they do not read these forums) and if your name violated the code of conduct. Since yours doesn't, they won't give you a change. Also, if they were
    to give you a change, they would change it to a random gamertag and you would still have to pay to change it to something you want.
  4. Roadblocz Win User

Help with gamertags.

Or you could retire gamertags that haven't been used for 7+ years.
  5. Xinjecti0n Win User

Help with gamertags.

@Oakley Alan, If space makes no difference why wouldn't you find PR1NCE without the space then? Search on Social > Friends.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Gamertag Help.

It may be being used on a Zune account or something which wont show up on xbox.com.
Thema:

Gamertag Help

1. Gamertag Help - Similar Threads - Gamertag Help

2. Need help recovering a GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help recovering a GamerTag: Hello, I have a problem with my player, I would like to change to put the nickname that I have on all video games. The only problem is that I had already created an account that I can not access...
  3. Asking for help with reporting a Gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asking for help with reporting a Gamertag.: Hi everyone, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have just had an offensive Gamer tag brought to my attention by another gamer. They reported this Gamer tag 12hrs ago and unfortunately...
  4. Gamertag HELP

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag HELP: I already bought my gamertag like 20 days ago but i still dont have my new gamer tag. Here u can see that i bought it. https://gyazo.com/697ee2344fdf1ae4d07ce4970da2a3ae...
  5. We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...

in XboX Insiders
    We’ve updated gamertags to help you more easily get a name you want in your language. What...: All players should be able to express themselves proudly in their native language. We’re making a change to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves. We...
  6. Help. Gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Help. Gamertag change: Hello, I want to change my gamertag. and my mother accepted it and added 10 dollar. In my order history stands that I redeemed my 10 dollar credit on my Microsoft account. But I dont get my...
  7. Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ich need Help my Gamertage ist Changeable,bitte i doesnt Changes him nie i need to buy it...: i need hell because my gamertag isnt changeable now but i doesnt changed him a36c2571-031d-40c8-a517-74ef88786d6b
  8. Gamertag associated with now defunct email, Please Help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag associated with now defunct email, Please Help!: Hi all, I have a defunct email which I no longer can access, I just purchased a Surface Pro and am trying to get everything all under the same profile including my Xbox One Profile/Account/Tag....
  9. Need help getting my Gamertag back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Gamertag back: My account was recently hacked and someone took my gamertag and put it on a fresh account (to sell i assume) is there anything that can be done to get it back? Ive talked to several support team...
  10. HELP! Gamertag was changed, I then fought the case and won, yet I cant pick my old gamertag!?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! Gamertag was changed, I then fought the case and won, yet I cant pick my old gamertag!?: A good 4-5 days ago, my gamertag was changed through an enforcement action. I then fought the case and ultimately won, with the enforcement team agreeing to give me a free credit and my old...