Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do

Discus and support Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I just got an Xbox finally, went through the setup, and chose a gamertag, but the one I wanted, that use for everything was taken. But there is no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark.Twain007, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do

So I just got an Xbox finally, went through the setup, and chose a gamertag, but the one I wanted, that use for everything was taken. But there is no activity, and if I look up the account, the avatar on a site like https://xboxgamertag.com it
    looks like an avatar I would create. I honestly think it is an account I made back in my Zune/Windows Phone 7/Windows Phone 8 days.

Is there anything I can do to see if that gamertag was/is somehow associated with an email address or alias of mine?

:)

Mark.Twain007, Oct 1, 2019
  2. H3PA80R Win User

Sorry for your issue. Please follow the steps this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/security/compromised-account-solution

You could try to contact the support team and ask them for help too.

This should hopefully help you to try to recover your account. I would recommend to set up a two step verification when you got your account back or create a new one.

Also please make your own post. In this case more people see your issue and could try to help you. ;-)
  3. AridLizard Win User

4. F U I D C Win User

There is no way to get that gamer tag if it is already created then you would have to choose a new name, or sometimes you can get it and have to add something else next to it. But the original name is unavailable.
  5. Ricardo Cintra Win User

6. Jeremy2085 Win User

If you have the right account information like your email address and password then you should be able too recover the account and access the information you need too find out. Try recovering the account off xbox live with your email address and password,
    and then you should be able too use the account again if you wanted too.
Thema:

1. Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do - Similar Threads - Gamertag taken

2. [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

in XBoX on Consoles
    [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt: I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name. Ich hab versucht meinen Gamertag zu ändern aber dort steht nur,...
  3. Gears 5 gamertag already taken

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 gamertag already taken: Hi. I opened the game for the first time on Steam. it wanted me to join with xbox live account. So I did create a new outlook account in game, changed my gamertag and started to play. After a...
  4. Inquiring about a taken gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inquiring about a taken gamertag: I recently posted another question pertaining to this issue but reported it as answered a bit too hastily. I did some research, contacted a few more areas of Microsoft support and now I am back....
  5. Gamertag Taken??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Taken??: So I just got a $15 xbox giftcard, and I have been wanting this name for about a week. I check to see if anyone has it. Thankfully no one did I put in the name, then it said Sorry that gamertag is...
  6. Gamertag already taken, except it's not

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag already taken, except it's not: I was planning on changing my gamertag, a couple months ago I checked if the new gamertag that I wanted was available, and it was. I could have paid and it would have worked, but I wanted to wait...
  7. I want a gamertag that is taken by a inactive player

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want a gamertag that is taken by a inactive player: okay so i am about to change my gamertag and this gamertag i want is taken by someone, but i checked he has no achievents no played games and hasnt been online in probably 10 somthing years. I was...
  8. Gamertag is taken by my email address, but my gamertag is different on this account???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag is taken by my email address, but my gamertag is different on this account???: Years ago with the Xbox and 360 I've had an account with the username/gamertag I've been using for over 15 years. The last couple of years I haven't done anything with this account and haven't...
  9. Gamertag is Not taken but can be used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag is Not taken but can be used: I've had my gamertag for almost 4 years, and as time progress I wanted to change it to "Biggy" but when I try to change it it says its taken but the account aka the gamertag no one has it, if...
  10. Gamertag Taken But Not Taken??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Taken But Not Taken??: So, there's a gamertag I want right. Now, I go to change to it, it says it's taken. So I look for the profile and when I search the name it says there's no one with the name. So is it taken or...