GamerTag is taken, but searching for the profile yields no results. Why can't I have it?

Discus and support GamerTag is taken, but searching for the profile yields no results. Why can't I have it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to change my GT, but the two I'm deciding between say they are "reserved," or taken, but when I go to look for the user that seems to go... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ColdestEntree78, Jun 22, 2014.

1. GamerTag is taken, but searching for the profile yields no results. Why can't I have it?

So I'm trying to change my GT, but the two I'm deciding between say they are "reserved," or taken, but when I go to look for the user that seems to go by that GT, it doesn't show as existing. Why am I not able to change to these GamerTags, or how are they
    reserved but not actually "used"?

Thanks

EDIT: This isn't actually the account I use; the one I'm trying to change is my "real" one and is going to cost me $9.99, so I really want to make sure the one I pick is going to remain cool, or whatever, for years to come.

:)

ColdestEntree78, Jun 22, 2014
  2. X678X
    X678X Guest
    Bought Castle Crashers Remasterd on website, nowhere to be see on Xbox One

@SingCongButas25 Searching on the store yields no results.

X678X, Jun 22, 2014
  3. Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread)

The name is taken. You searching for it might not yield a result because the search is strict about capitalization and spacing, however the system for assigning tags doesn't consider spacing (in other words, to the assigning system "gamertag", "GAMERTAG",
    "Gamer Tag", and "G A M E R T A G" are all the same tag). For example, if you searched for "theoryofgame", you won't find a profile by that name - however, if you tried to change to "theoryofgame", the system will say it's taken (and it is... by me).

Theory of Game, Jun 22, 2014
  4. ngocphi
    ngocphi Guest

GamerTag is taken, but searching for the profile yields no results. Why can't I have it?

if the system says its taken then its taken its that simple

you have to be more creative with the spelling thats all

now also consideration is spaces does not make a gamertag different

so NGOC phi is the same as and will show that way but not in search

also when you search the website it only looks up xbox live not xbox pc etc etc

ngocphi, Jun 22, 2014
  5. ngocphi Win User

if the system says its taken then its taken its that simple

you have to be more creative with the spelling thats all

now also consideration is spaces does not make a gamertag different

so NGOC phi is the same as and will show that way but not in search

also when you search the website it only looks up xbox live not xbox pc etc etc
  6. Theory of Game Win User

Trying to claim unused Gamertag but says taken. (Support suggested making thread)

The name is taken. You searching for it might not yield a result because the search is strict about capitalization and spacing, however the system for assigning tags doesn't consider spacing (in other words, to the assigning system "gamertag", "GAMERTAG",
    "Gamer Tag", and "G A M E R T A G" are all the same tag). For example, if you searched for "theoryofgame", you won't find a profile by that name - however, if you tried to change to "theoryofgame", the system will say it's taken (and it is... by me).
  7. X678X Win User

Bought Castle Crashers Remasterd on website, nowhere to be see on Xbox One

@SingCongButas25 Searching on the store yields no results.
  8. aijcdddkjqqqqrr Win User

InnerSpike Gamertag

As I've said before, it isn't taken. Searches yield no results, I've tried so many awkward combinations of InnerSpike (InnerSpiked, InnerSpikes, InnerSpiker, InnerSpike1248, 12InnerSpike12, 34InnerSpike, etc) that it's beyond believing that they are all
    taken, and its already been confirmed by another representative.
  9. D6 Void Win User

Gamertag Suffix

Hi there,

There has been a change to the gamertag system. Info on it can be found at https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
    Thanks for getting back to me, however, it doesn't quite explain why I can't put my Gamertag to a couple of these names I had in mind where they aren't registered or taken. I searched to make sure they were available, but they appear with a suffix on the end
Thema:

1. GamerTag is taken, but searching for the profile yields no results. Why can't I have it? - Similar Threads - GamerTag taken searching

2. Gamertag taken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag taken?: So i was looking to change my gamer tag to match my name on other sites but the name i want AcidicDragon is taken and has been inactive for 13 years. Is there any way i can get this gamer tag?...
  3. "Taken" Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    "Taken" Gamertag: I have a new idea for a gamertag, and went to check to see if anyone had the name. When I do this, I search all of xbox to see if a profile exists. To my luck, when I searched the possible...
  4. Its saying a gamertag is taken when it definitely is NOT taken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Its saying a gamertag is taken when it definitely is NOT taken.: Normally XBL doesnt annoy me, but I am so frustrated right now. I was on a second account searching for a new Gamertag, and after just about 2 hours I found the perfect fit considering my...
  5. I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.: I made an accidental name change a few months back and I now have 10 dollars to change it back. When i typed in my old gamertag it said it either wasn't allowed or it was already taken. (By the...
  6. Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not: I want to change my gamertag, but I don't want the numbers behind it. Multiple sources (gamertag.net, checkgamertag.com, etc.) say the gamertag I want isn't taken yet, but when I go to change it,...
  7. Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not: I can't use the gamertag I want without a number suffix even though on every site it says the gamertag is free. I make the assumption that it is tied to an account that no longer exists or has...
  8. My gamertag has numbers next to it despite not being taken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag has numbers next to it despite not being taken: I recently changed my gamertag as what i wanted at first was unavailable in the old system, and despite my username not being in use by anyone else, it has numbers at the end of it. Can anyone...
  9. [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

in XBoX on Consoles
    [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt: I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name. Ich hab versucht meinen Gamertag zu ändern aber dort steht nur,...
  10. Gears 5 gamertag already taken

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 gamertag already taken: Hi. I opened the game for the first time on Steam. it wanted me to join with xbox live account. So I did create a new outlook account in game, changed my gamertag and started to play. After a...