Gamertag Issue

Discus and support Gamertag Issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Sup everyone, I've wanted my gamertag changed to a certain name, but it was always in use. I literally just checked since ages and It says that no one... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VitaIics, Aug 18, 2019.

1. VitaIics
    VitaIics Guest

Gamertag Issue

Sup everyone,

I've wanted my gamertag changed to a certain name, but it was always in use. I literally just checked since ages and It says that no one with that gamertag exists now.

But then when I try and go change it, it's saying that it's still in use. But neither me or any of my friends can find the profile if they search for it.

Can someone explain how this is a thing?

Greetings,

Jeremy - Vitalics.

:)

VitaIics, Aug 18, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag Issue

1. Gamertag Issue - Similar Threads - Gamertag Issue

2. Gamertag issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issues: I would like to know why I cannot choose a gamertag that is not in use because it is attached to an “archived” account. And if there is a process to unlock a gamertag not in use by a former...
  3. Change gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamertag issue: I would like to make a petition, I want to change my gamertag but the one that I want it's not available because it was used by someone who's inactive. This profile doesn't have any achievements...
  4. Minecraft gamertag issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft gamertag issue: I have changed my gamertag from formerly ‘misofab’ to ‘’. However, when i logged back in via xbox live it had shown my old gamertag instead of my changed one. I have not found any Q&A on this...
  5. Gamertag change issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change issue: I'm trying to change my gamertag and pay the $10 but it won't let me change the country/region it's defaulted to United States and it's greyed out where I can't use the dropdown to select my...
  6. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: So I recenetly received a free name change and decided to use it, I tried to change my gamertag to TheRobinsonson, an error appeared stating i wasn't allowed to use more than 12 digits so i...
  7. Gamertag issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag issue: I need to change the default gamertag but it doesn't let me, saying I've already used the free change... The gamertag is stil the default two words and numbers, so I clearly haven't changed it....
  8. Gamertag change Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change Issue: Hello, I just paid 10 € to change my Gamertag, but it didn't totally change, the old one remains on my profil... (so I have both of them) Does change take some time to be fully active? What can...
  9. So-called "available" gamertag issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    So-called "available" gamertag issues: I was so excited when I found a gamertag that was "available". Until I attempted to change my gamertag to it and it said it was taken; even though when I searched it it did not exist. I spoke to...
  10. Xbox Live Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Live Gamertag Issue: Hello, I have been having trouble with changing my Xbox gamertag. (I have never changed it before.) I was just trying to change the gamertag, but it shows that the page to change the gamertag...