Gamertag issue

Discus and support Gamertag issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Okay im not sure where to start this but heres what happened.. my friend sent me a link to change your gamertag to the latest (upcoming in 2020) i was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Echo XL, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Echo XL
    Echo XL Guest

Gamertag issue

Okay im not sure where to start this but heres what happened..

my friend sent me a link to change your gamertag to the latest (upcoming in 2020) i was trying it to see what it looks like (on spare account) i then realised it has changed my actual gamertag on my main rather than the spare. I spoke to an support agent
    who said theyd enail me with a solution which doesnt involve spending $9.00 to change it nor can they reverse it.. it was an accident..

my gamertag is “Miserable XI”

the changed one is mandarin.. with some numbers..

:)

Echo XL, Oct 23, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag issue

1. Gamertag issue - Similar Threads - Gamertag issue

2. GamerTag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamerTag issue: I used Xbox's new free system to change my gamer-tag, I realized I didn't want it anymore so I recently bought a name change, But players can't see my name only me, at first i changed my name to...
  3. Having a double gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a double gamertag issue: Hi all, I did change a couple of days ago my gamertag, right now i'm having 2 gamertags showing up seperatly on my acount. Is there a way to fix this, its really annoying, i can see the new...
  4. Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system: I was excited to finally get away from my 12-year old chosen gamertag and get something better when I found out about the new gamertag system and a free name change. When I went to the...
  5. Gamertag issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issues: I would like to know why I cannot choose a gamertag that is not in use because it is attached to an “archived” account. And if there is a process to unlock a gamertag not in use by a former...
  6. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Issue: Sup everyone, I've wanted my gamertag changed to a certain name, but it was always in use. I literally just checked since ages and It says that no one with that gamertag exists now. But then...
  7. Change gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change gamertag issue: I would like to make a petition, I want to change my gamertag but the one that I want it's not available because it was used by someone who's inactive. This profile doesn't have any achievements...
  8. Minecraft gamertag issue

in XBoX on Mobile
    Minecraft gamertag issue: I have changed my gamertag from formerly ‘misofab’ to ‘’. However, when i logged back in via xbox live it had shown my old gamertag instead of my changed one. I have not found any Q&A on this...
  9. Gamertag change issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag change issue: I'm trying to change my gamertag and pay the $10 but it won't let me change the country/region it's defaulted to United States and it's greyed out where I can't use the dropdown to select my...
  10. Gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issue: So I recenetly received a free name change and decided to use it, I tried to change my gamertag to TheRobinsonson, an error appeared stating i wasn't allowed to use more than 12 digits so i...