Gamertag issue

Discus and support Gamertag issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I paid to have my gamertag changed. I've done this once before. The last time, it changed immediately. This time, the name did not change, though the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SuspiciousLizard, May 2, 2021.

1. Gamertag issue

I paid to have my gamertag changed. I've done this once before. The last time, it changed immediately.

This time, the name did not change, though the money was taken from my account.

Help!

:)

SuspiciousLizard, May 2, 2021
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag issue

1. Gamertag issue - Similar Threads - Gamertag issue

2. Gamertag Change issues..

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Change issues..: Sorry if this has been brought up before.. Are other people having issues changing their gamertag's case sensitivity? It was possible until recently I accidentally put a space in my tag when...
  3. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Issue: I understand you can change your gamertag free once and all of this, but I ended up changing my name and now it has all these numbers in it and a name that was available Atlastheprism was too long...
  4. Massive issues with xbox gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Massive issues with xbox gamertag change: Hi all, unfortunately i earlier had two Xbox/Microsoft accounts with the same "Contexys". One of them was named "Contexys" and the other one "Contexys#7503". To change my name, i used the free...
  5. Changing gamertag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing gamertag issue: It keep saying sorry something went wrong try ur gamertag agian can i get help please 64e82943-5310-49aa-8f58-7451f2bb6fb8
  6. Gamertag Change Issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Change Issues?: When I try to change my gamertag it says "sorry, something went wrong. try your gamertag again" and it was happening to my friend as well all day yesterday. The gamertag wasn't inappropriate, and...
  7. gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamertag issue: i am trying to change my gamertag on my xbox but it keeps telling me to try again. i’ve restarted my xbox multiple times and it still says that. i even tried on the website but that doesn’t work...
  8. Issue when trying to change GamerTag

in XboX Insiders
    Issue when trying to change GamerTag: Hi, I've just been talking to Microsoft support in regards to changing my GamerTag. In the end they suggested I should post it here as they were not able to solve my issue. The GamerTag I would...
  9. Issue: Trying to Change my Xbox Gamertag

in XboX Insiders
    Issue: Trying to Change my Xbox Gamertag: I'm trying to change my gamertag to something different to bring it in line with all the other gaming profiles that I use. When trying to update it through the website or the Xbox, I keep...
  10. Xbox gamertag issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox gamertag issue: When I went to reset my gamertag earlier today, it did not show the option to reset the classic gamertag. I received my name, , but with 4190 on the end. If the option had shown up, I would have...