Gamertag issue

Discus and support Gamertag issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Last January 2022 i had an issue with my profile so i was told. at the time i had Gamepass which was a 1 month gift card which i was using. I have an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Link Reflog1, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:52 PM.

1. Link Reflog1
    Link Reflog1 Guest

Gamertag issue

Last January 2022 i had an issue with my profile so i was told. at the time i had Gamepass which was a 1 month gift card which i was using. I have an 360 console & a Xbox one S which was fine until i tried to log in on my 360. After a lot of grief trying to sort my issue i was told that gamepass had done something to my profile & that i would end up losing my gamertag as i had to close my account & open a new account yes it got sorted NO issues until today ! My Question is if my gamertag is different now ! to my OLD gamertag! HOW can the old one show up on a game clip capture showing my new gamertag of Link Putter at the start of the clip but my old gamertag Link Reflog at the end. Its all very confusing if anyone could answer this i would be grateful.

:)

Link Reflog1, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:52 PM
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag issue

1. Gamertag issue - Similar Threads - Gamertag issue

2. Gamertag Issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Issues: Hi guys. So I used my free gamertag and changed it but it has not changed in xbox live and games like fortnite so how do i fix this.?It has been like a day. b981fd8b-931b-4275-9389-78d6885448ab
  3. Multiple issues with gamertag creation on PC

in XboX Insiders
    Multiple issues with gamertag creation on PC: I have tried to submit these bugs through the windows feedback hub, but the reports don't appear to be accessible any more for some reason. I encountered a host of problems when i tried to create...
  4. Gamertag issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issues: I went to change my gamertag to another from an old profile and it won't give me just the name without numbers. The other account no longer has the name and was the original so I know the name...
  5. xbox gamertag issues

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox gamertag issues: I had 2 accounts named . The original didn't have any number at the end, but this one did. I decided I wanted to change the originals name today and claim the plain "" for the second account. Now...
  6. Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox gamertag change causing issues with my games being playable: So from the searching i have done on the community ive found that people are saying that you will still have access to your games. I am not able to play any games i have purchased by card or any...
  7. Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Java - PC - Demo Only (we own) potential Gamertag causing issue between child and...: We bought and had Minecraft Java edition working great, albeit bought on 'mums email / microsoft account' and being played by 'child 1 windows login'. 'Suddenly', Minecraft Java is only able to...
  8. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Issue: Ok, so Im trying to edit my gamertag but I can’t, every time I try to edit my gamertag it says “Something went wrong. Try your gamertag again.”. I have tried to do it on the website and on console...
  9. XBox GamerTag conflict issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox GamerTag conflict issues: I've got an issue with my XBox gamer tag(s...) which I can't manage to fix. I'm pretty sure that a human support staffer could get me straightened around in a few minutes, but there seems to be no...
  10. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag Issue: Hello everyone. I have 2 microsoft accounts, one I use for playing games which until yesterday had a old gamertag that I wanted to change and one I use strictly for work. For some reason some some...