Gamertag issues

Discus and support Gamertag issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I would like to know why I cannot choose a gamertag that is not in use because it is attached to an “archived” account. And if there is a process to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by automatik bang, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Gamertag issues

I would like to know why I cannot choose a gamertag that is not in use because it is attached to an “archived” account. And if there is a process to unlock a gamertag not in use by a former customer whom clearly is not using the username.

:)

automatik bang, Aug 20, 2019
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag issues

1. Gamertag issues - Similar Threads - Gamertag issues

2. Interesting, very Strange account issue with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Interesting, very Strange account issue with gamertag: Okay. Heres an interesting one which i could really do with help for. I recently used my “free” gamertag change (with the new gamertag system) to change my name to “Ha**z***c*” (starred for...
  3. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Issue: I was not given the ability to change my legacy gamertag when I chose a new name. I ended up with 2 gamertags. I would like to have my legacy gamertag to be identical to my new tag, however, it...
  4. Gamertag suffix issue and refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag suffix issue and refund: Hello, I just started using Xbox for PC and it's my 1st time using it so I had to change Gamertag for free. I did it but somehow I ended up with my name and number suffix implemented to a...
  5. Gamertag issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag issues: Hello, I own a gaming Community for Xbox called NoFx Gaming Community. We all use the same 3 letters in out Gamertag 'NFG' Now something is blocking form new names using NFG . I have called...
  6. Gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag issue: Having issue changing gamertag for my wife. It says it needs to be 12 characters or less even thou it is. I've tried several times yesterday and today. Has anyone come across this and if so what...
  7. New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System Suffix Issues: I have an alternate account with a gamertag that I preferred over my main account gamertag so I gave my alt. account a new gamertag and then switched mine to my alt accounts original one. However,...
  8. GamerTag issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamerTag issue: I used Xbox's new free system to change my gamer-tag, I realized I didn't want it anymore so I recently bought a name change, But players can't see my name only me, at first i changed my name to...
  9. Having a double gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having a double gamertag issue: Hi all, I did change a couple of days ago my gamertag, right now i'm having 2 gamertags showing up seperatly on my acount. Is there a way to fix this, its really annoying, i can see the new...
  10. Gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag issue: Okay im not sure where to start this but heres what happened.. my friend sent me a link to change your gamertag to the latest (upcoming in 2020) i was trying it to see what it looks like (on...