Gamertag issues

Discus and support Gamertag issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello I recently changed my Gamertag to DoritoCrust which replaced my existing gamertag . I have had this gamertag() for years and have not had any... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by kevdawgeboi, May 1, 2020.

1. kevdawgeboi
    kevdawgeboi Guest

Gamertag issues

Hello

I recently changed my Gamertag to DoritoCrust which replaced my existing gamertag .

I have had this gamertag() for years and have not had any trouble with it. Now im trying to change my name back to but it wont let me, it says “This gamertag is not allowed.” Its 11 characters long and does not mean anything bad. If
    a moderator could help me out with this that would be awesome. Ive had this gamertag for years and would like to have it back please.

:)

kevdawgeboi, May 1, 2020
  2. onyxishere Win User

Gamertag issue

People are taking tag names all the time so it's entirely possible that those were taken before you selected the option to use it.

However, a more likely answer is that although the message says that those names are available for Xbox Live they have been used elsewhere within the Microsoft family. Once a tag has been used in one service it cannot be used in another.
  3. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

That's actually a great workaround, particularly given you can delete the old e-mail once it becomes the alias.

Thanks very much for your help!
  4. Innerspace HQ Win User

Gamertag issue

Thanks! I think I can probably still do that, I'd just like to remove the old name, it's about 20 years old and the E-Mail reflects the maturity of a 12 year old. I'll give that a bash as a work around.

If anybody else knows a better way I'd be glad to hear it but I'll try that for now. Thank you! :)
  5. WPAK Win User

Gamertag Issue

Hi there,

I'm afraid it's not possible to just delete a gamertag, it needs to be moved to a different email address.

To switch an account to a different email address please see the steps on this link:

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account-on-xbox-360

But since there already is a gamertag present, you will also need to check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80154013

It has all the steps on how to move accounts around when there already is an xbox live account present.

Be aware that some steps have requirements like the need to be on a console without being redownloaded for at least 30 days etc.

Let us know the results
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag issue

And FYI you can also use Skype on xbox if you have kinect
Thema:

Gamertag issues

1. Gamertag issues - Similar Threads - Gamertag issues

2. I have an issue with gamertag changes.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an issue with gamertag changes.: NOTE: I have already posted this, but no-one has given an answer in an appropriate amount of time. Hi, I was recently trying to change my xbox gamertag from '' to 'Geozify' as I was planning on...
  3. Gamertag issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag issue: I had the gamertag "Delwah" from a long time ago. I then could not access my email account associated with my xbox and didn't play my xbox for a long time. Due to not being able to access this...
  4. Gamertag/Game issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag/Game issue: I can't get my original gamertag on my Microsoft account back I did a reset because I was having issues with my xbox and now it's worse. My Microsoft account had me create a new gamertag and all...
  5. www.microsoft.com refused to connect. Xbox Gamertag Issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    www.microsoft.com refused to connect. Xbox Gamertag Issue.: Hello! I am casper, i recently had an issue while trying to change my gamertag, i was linked to a site by my friend on how to change it on PC, i changed my name to "Mixer" but even though the...
  6. Gamertag Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Issue: i cant change my gamertag, i accidentally changed it to something i want, and i want my old gamertag back, and now i cant bc it is apparently taken i am kinda panicking...
  7. Xbox玩家代号问题 Xbox gamertag issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox玩家代号问题 Xbox gamertag issues: 此内容使用百度机器翻译 This content uses Baidu machine translation Xbox account, want to change the default gamertag (hereinafter referred to as code a), then log in https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag,...
  8. New Gamertag "Not allowed" - This issue is real dumb.

in XBoX Accessibility
    New Gamertag "Not allowed" - This issue is real dumb.: So with the change to Gamertags a fair while back allowing, in their words, pretty much any name to be used since they brought IDs to gamertags (Example: dog#1234), why cant I use the name "bee"...
  9. xbox console companion gamertag issue

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox console companion gamertag issue: xbox console companion is not letting me choose a gamertag even though I've tried a lot of random which I'm sure no one has taken and including gibberish ones too and there are no options for...
  10. Account gamertag issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Account gamertag issue: Essentially, I have an issue in that me and my sibling used the same microsoft account for a while so I had bought the game Sea of Thieves on a separate account but accessed it using his gamertag...