Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app.

Discus and support Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I don't understand how this is even possible, but when i downloaded the Youtube app on my xbox one, it linked my gamertag with my brothers google... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by III Ray III, Feb 22, 2014.

1. III Ray III
    III Ray III Guest

I don't understand how this is even possible, but when i downloaded the Youtube app on my xbox one, it linked my gamertag with my brothers google account. I have my own google account, that is linked with my microsoft ID, and for some reason decided to ignore
    mine and link with his. i cannot find any option on Google, Microsofts website, or on the xbox one to change this. This is very irritating because i can't see my own subscriptions, and he cant log in to his own account because its linked with mine. has anyone
    else had this problem? or maybe someone from Xbox could chime in here.

:)

III Ray III, Feb 22, 2014
  2. Rafoca2016
    Rafoca2016 Guest
    Can't use YouTube: error 0x80070006

Hi. My Youtube account is linked to a Gmail Account, but not to Google+. I dont recall making any changes to my account. You need a gmail account to use Youtube these days.

But I can assure it is not Gamertag related, cause I have two Xbox One in my home and in one of them I cant use Youtube regardless of the gamertag logged. I mean, if I login in XBOX ONE (1) I can use Youtube with my gamertag, but if I use my gamertag on
    Xbox One (2) I can´t use Youtrube at all.

Rafoca2016, Feb 22, 2014
  3. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    Não consigo abrir Youtube pelo xbox360

Hey there SIGCOE.

Have you linked your YouTube account to your Gamertag? If so, can you try unlinking it from YouTube, deleting the app, clearing cache three times, and then re-installing the app? Let us know if that helps with your trouble Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app. :)

Mister Maka, Feb 22, 2014
  4. Farscape247 Win User

This is rediculas!

youtube and the youtube app is owned by google, you want to watch it you have to sign in or link the youtube app to your google account, using netflix requires you to login and it auto registers the app your using to your account, like with many other apps,
    if you don't like it then don't use it, if you watch youtube on the pc you still have to login to prove your age which then registers your pc to your google account.
  5. Rafoca2016 Win User

Hi. My Youtube account is linked to a Gmail Account, but not to Google+. I dont recall making any changes to my account. You need a gmail account to use Youtube these days.

But I can assure it is not Gamertag related, cause I have two Xbox One in my home and in one of them I cant use Youtube regardless of the gamertag logged. I mean, if I login in XBOX ONE (1) I can use Youtube with my gamertag, but if I use my gamertag on
    Xbox One (2) I can´t use Youtrube at all.
  6. Misses Joust Win User

Hey there rafoca. I've a bit of a weird question. Around the same time that your app stopped working, have any changes been made to the Youtube account that's tied to your Gamertag? Is it strictly a Youtube account, or is it for Gmail/Google+ as well? There
    have been a few past instances of G+ accounts being confused with Youtube accounts, or the merging of the two causing issues. If anything has changed there for you, see if you can dig into that account or unlink it from your Gamertag and let us know if that
    does anything to remove the error code from your app on Xbox One.
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Não consigo abrir Youtube pelo xbox360

Hey there SIGCOE.

Have you linked your YouTube account to your Gamertag? If so, can you try unlinking it from YouTube, deleting the app, clearing cache three times, and then re-installing the app? Let us know if that helps with your trouble :)
  8. Sticky Joe Win User

Youtube freezing all grey with 4k

well that sucks. i've had issues with apps like amazon and fxnow not even working but never youtube. i'd say reset the app but you probably tried that. if youre signed in to youtube with a google account sign out.
Thema:

1. Gamertag linked with wrong google account on youtube app. - Similar Threads - Gamertag linked wrong

2. Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Old gamertag not linked to a Microsoft account: I have a gamertag, , that I registered many years ago. I wasn't using it for a while and never linked it to a Microsoft account. I chatted with Microsoft support and they told me that there is no...
  3. Link existing Gamertag to my account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Link existing Gamertag to my account.: I reset my console and lost my gamertag link. The gamertag still exists. My account is now linked with a autogenerated gamertag. How do I reconnect my original gamertag with my account?...
  4. Two gamertags linked to one microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Two gamertags linked to one microsoft account: Recently, I downloaded a companion app for destiny 2 on my phone only to discover that my account that I have been playing on for close to 8 years has not been activated. I logged in onto my...
  5. GamerTag linked to another person EA Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamerTag linked to another person EA Account: I never had my EA account linked to my Xbox gamertag. I never played games that required that, so at some point 5 or 6 years ago my xbox account was compromised. At that time the person linked my...
  6. Microsoft Account and linked gamertag nightmares

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Account and linked gamertag nightmares: Hello, This is my first time posting and I come here in hopes that someone with a bit of know how can help with a long running issue I have been having. The issue is related to my gamertag which...
  7. Linking Epic and and family gamertags.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking Epic and and family gamertags.: don't even really know how to ask this question. But here goes. I am the primary account on the xbox one. I have 3 other kid accounts under xbox family. My son plays under his own gamertag on the...
  8. My microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag?: My Microsoft account is linked to the wrong gamertag? How can I change the gamertag on my ms account 7e1077bb-188f-4294-bf33-c7f20bb5edf9
  9. Sign in e-mail is linking to wrong gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sign in e-mail is linking to wrong gamertag: Greetings, I've run into a bit of a pickle here with regards to my main account. It's been a long time since I've logged on so I'm not sure if that may have something to do with it. The problem is...
  10. Wrong gamertag linked on Microsoft live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag linked on Microsoft live account: Hi, Last November, I logged a call with Xbox Support to report an issue that I could not log into my xbox live account. It was then found out that this was due to the fact microsoft deleted my...