Gamertag mousetrap

Discus and support Gamertag mousetrap in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is anyone else frustrated by the fact you can't advance past the gamertag change screen upon login? I like my gamertag just the way it is, but there is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GregFerrell1, Apr 15, 2020.

1. GregFerrell1
    GregFerrell1 Guest

Gamertag mousetrap

Is anyone else frustrated by the fact you can't advance past the gamertag change screen upon login? I like my gamertag just the way it is, but there is no way to advance without changing it. If I type in my same gamertag, it simply says its taken. Mouse
    trap hell can anyone help me work around this? All I want to do is login to my account.

:)

GregFerrell1, Apr 15, 2020
  2. RandyAU93 Win User

Gamertag mousetrap

What are you signing into when you're seeing this? Xbox One, Xbox 360, the Xbox app on Windows 10, or something else?
  3. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

Gamertag mousetrap

Where are you trying to log into? I've never been prompted to change my gamertag for any reason. I'm gonna need more to go on.
  4. GregFerrell1 Win User

Gamertag mousetrap

Where are you trying to log into? I've never been prompted to change my gamertag for any reason. I'm gonna need more to go on.
    I'm trying to log into xbox live. Here is URL.

https://social.xbox.com/changegamertag

I had saved it to my favorites months ago, but no I can't get rid of the changegamertag piece of it.

Thanks for helping.

-Greg
  5. QUEENMISFITS Win User

Gamertag mousetrap

Is it a new gamertag, or is it prompting you to change an existing gamertag?
  6. MindOfTim Win User

Gamertag mousetrap

If somebody else has the name then unfortunately the only way to keep it is by adding a suffix to the end
Thema:

Gamertag mousetrap

1. Gamertag mousetrap - Similar Threads - Gamertag mousetrap

2. Cambio de gamertag erróneo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cambio de gamertag erróneo: Hola hoy cambie el gamertag de mi cuenta de xbox pero la página me dio un error y el nombre quedó con caracteres adicionales los cuales no seleccione y quiero cambiar pero tengo que pagar por ello...
  3. Xbox gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag: I have recently changed my gamertag to "iFrxg WNTR" as it was an original gamertag, no one else has it I even checked right before and when I changed it, it gave me 4 digits at the end that I...
  4. Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Changed my gamertag on the Xbox One X now I can’t play backwards compatible games online.: I recently changed my gamertag on my Xbox One X as I felt after 10 years it was due for a change. I stumbled upon an issue where I couldn’t play games like Gears of War 2 online because my old...
  5. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: Can any1 help pls i got a 4 Latter gamertag acc on xbox and i want to use the gt on my other account as i heard “that 4L gts are now blocked and nobody can get it anymore” so im worried if i...
  6. Want to use my old gamertag/account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Want to use my old gamertag/account: Hi I have two Xbox accounts (PC). I can access both. One which I set up years ago, and one I set up more recently with a different/new email address. How can I transfer all my games/purchases etc...
  7. Can we please have more than 12 characters for our Gamertag?

in XboX Insiders
    Can we please have more than 12 characters for our Gamertag?: This stifles creativity by a huge amount. 12 is too few. The gamertag I use on every other service is ButterflyTsunami - 16 charactersWhy can't they change it from 12 to 16? Or 17, or 18. ??? Not...
  8. GamerTag Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    GamerTag Recovery: Hi I'm wondering if theres a way to recover an old gamertag that I have no idea what the email is? b0f23815-b6fc-41f0-8e8c-e048b485b00a
  9. Xbox Live Account - 1 GamerTag Will Not Let Us Play It Is Locked Somehow

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Account - 1 GamerTag Will Not Let Us Play It Is Locked Somehow: We have 1 Xbox Live Account and we have 3 people. So we added 2 more members so we could all have our own gamertags and play together. The main account and 1 additional gamertag account work...
  10. Can’t change gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t change gamertag: I want to change my username to steigerking but the changer says this gamertag isnt allowed. It allows me to change it to kingsteiger, steiger, or king. 2f20bb9d-ff83-4640-8dbe-8f4387a24ccb