Gamertag name change

Discus and support Gamertag name change in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi! I wanted to create a gamertag with a specific name, one i didn't think anyone uses thus being avalible almost everywhere. But I saw that the name I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Limeywimey, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Limeywimey
    Limeywimey Guest

Gamertag name change

Hi! I wanted to create a gamertag with a specific name, one i didn't think anyone uses thus being avalible almost everywhere. But I saw that the name I wanted was already taken. Looking into the account I believe that it hasnt been used for over 12 years.
    Is there any way microsoft can give me that name and maybe change the other accounts name and add a 1 or something? Or will this account forever have this name making it impossible for any other gamertag to have the same name?

:)

Limeywimey, Nov 13, 2019
  2. RiTTzFAN93wj Win User

Microsoft is changing your name? Gamertag? Could be a forced gamertag change, in which case that name is against code of conduct, and you cannot use that name
  3. Smwutches Win User

Changing Gamertag / Name

Yes once you change a rag, it will be freed up for use (may not be immediate though).
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag name change

The only way it would be freed up is if the original owner changes it to something else, or as of August 30, 2019, if they do not use their Microsoft account for 2 years, it will be closed which should free up the tag. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft
    services, so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use elsewhere.

However, there has been a recent update to the gamertag system and you can use a tag even if it is already in use. https://support.xbox.com/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  5. Allynon Win User

My nametag

If no one has the gamertag that you are wishing to get and you have not changed your name already, then you can change it to your desired name. If you have already changed your accounts gamertag then you will need to purchase a gamertag change or pay when
    you change your name.
  6. FreakRoach Win User

I have two gamertags on one profile. So confused...

Did you change the gamertag or your account name? The name that it shows below the gamertag on the console is your name.
Thema:

Gamertag name change

1. Gamertag name change - Similar Threads - Gamertag name change

2. GAMERTAG NAME CHANGE, SAME EMAIL ADDRESS?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GAMERTAG NAME CHANGE, SAME EMAIL ADDRESS?: I AM A PREMIUM ACCOUNT USER FOR THE solitaire COLLECTION. on MY NEW LAPTOP I've TRIED TO SYNC THE TWO computers SO THAT I KEEP THE SAME USERNAME. It's not working. I'm given a new username and all...
  3. I want to change my Xbox Gamertag... not to a new name but a variant of my existing name....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to change my Xbox Gamertag... not to a new name but a variant of my existing name....: Let's say my name is CoolGamerName. I want to change it to COOLgamerNAME. Thanks! a96fd8f5-ccce-42b6-bf93-879438b11935
  4. On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...

in XboX Insiders
    On the new Xbox gamertag change page, can there be an option to display if your name is...: I'm talking about this page: https://imgur.com/a/XwtLPWb In my opinion it should display if the name is taken (and if so, what it will be changed to) on this page. Otherwise, you can hit next and...
  5. Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable": Hello I'd really like to claim an original gamertag name that I have been watching for a long time now, the account appears to be deleted, I checked all possible spaced versions of the tag, it has...
  6. Gamertag Name Forceably Changed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Name Forceably Changed: I am posting a claim to return my original gamertag. I have spoken to multiple reps who have agreed stating i have done nothing wrong. I have had an xbox live subscription for over decade and my...
  7. Can't pay for gamertag name change as I can't change my billing country

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't pay for gamertag name change as I can't change my billing country: So I've been trying to pay to change my gamertag but when I get to the adding billing information and it asks me to put an american state. I try to change my country but the drop box is locked, I...
  8. I Can't change my gamertag name

in XBoX on Windows
    I Can't change my gamertag name: I Can't change my gamertag name after i chose what iame i nead and select how i nead to pay it and select next i have error no code i nead help iam from saudi arabia i nead help plz thx .....
  9. The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The gamertag for Xbox One account is the same as the email name and cannot be changed without ...: Greetings, I created an email account that my son uses to play, who manages the account and the payment of the subscriptions Xbox live is me, because my son is a minor. However, my son cannot...
  10. Can’t change Gamertag to available name?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t change Gamertag to available name?: So my gamertag used to be “So Skuxx”, at the moment it’s “ImBroBro” but it’s only for an inside joke, and I’ve been wanting to change my name to “Skux” or “Skuxx”. Both gamertags say they’re...