Gamertag not being allowed issue

Discus and support Gamertag not being allowed issue in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Gamertag change not allowed Current: Eclipse 99x Wants: Horchata or Horchata 99x So I wanted to change my gamertag on Xbox One to either Horchata or... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lunar247, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Lunar247
    Lunar247 Guest

Gamertag change not allowed Current: Eclipse 99x Wants: Horchata or Horchata 99x

So I wanted to change my gamertag on Xbox One to either Horchata or Horchata 99x, but it keeps saying that this gamertag isn't allowed try a different one and I just wanted to know why is that? Nobody has any of these tags and I had Horchata 99x in 2019 from Xbox 360 and that's still here, but not for Xbox One. I currently have Eclipse 99x and Horchata isn't a inappropriate word, it's just a fresh water rice drink, I'm just confused, thank you and I apologize.

- Eclipse 99x/Horchata 99x

:)

Lunar247, Jun 22, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @Lunar247!

There could be multiple reasons why you're experiencing these issues, most likely this issue is due to any words that can possibly be identified as offensive, or that the gametag is already taken and is currently in use by another user. Try using a different word or a different combination of words.
  3. denis97g Win User

Xbox Live Gamertag Availability

it may seem available but it may be the gamertag of an inactive account. The new gamertag system that is being implemented allows you to have a similar gamertag to the one you want .
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamertag

Hello Arictus,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an issue with gamertag. With the new gamertag system you aregetting the numbers. The reason why is Articus is being used. But it allows users to have the same gamertag just with the suffix # and four
    numbers. Here is the
    gamertag FAQ

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Cole2999 Win User

Mistake when creating GamerTag

Well, thanks for that... They should at least make the system able to recognize which GamerTag is being changed so that it excludes that, allowing you to modify your current GamerTag :/
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Gamertag accident / Unfair problem

Hello Ralph,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issue with gamertag system. Unfortunately, with the

new system for gamertag
    . If a gamertag is being used it will give the next person the #1234(example) at the end. This allows all to get the gamertag they want but not be same as someone else. You would need to pay if you want to change it again.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Gamertag not being allowed issue - Similar Threads - Gamertag being allowed

2. Make being able to change your gamertag cheaper

in XboX Insiders
    Make being able to change your gamertag cheaper: The title says it all. submitted by /u/Kindly_Department_60 [link] [comments]
  3. Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag- old tag not being made available after change.: Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows the answer to this - I made a gamertag back on the original Xbox (many years ago!) but after account hassles I made a new account with new gamertag. Recently...
  4. Gamertag with numbers despite being unique

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag with numbers despite being unique: Id like to change my gamertag but automatically adds a suffix to it despite not already being used. Im not using any special characters apart from in the the basic English alphabet...
  5. I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am being told that my gamertag is not allowed even though I have used it before: I have been trying to change my gamertag to "" and I am getting the message that it is not allowed. I tried a live chat with a technician but they told me that they could not override what the...
  6. My kid changed my gamertag and I can’t change it back due to the character count being too long

in XBoX on Consoles
    My kid changed my gamertag and I can’t change it back due to the character count being too long: To whom this may concern, Well last week I discovered that my kid had change my gamer tag that of which I’ve had for the past 15 years which has a character count of 13; And of course with that...
  7. My gamertag being approved, then being denied and removed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag being approved, then being denied and removed.: They said it was against their community standards, but I believe they are taking it out of context. My fondest memories are playing cowboys and Indians with my friends as a kid, if you didn't...
  8. Potential gamertag being used by inactive member

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential gamertag being used by inactive member: Hello, I have recently decided that I wanted to change my gamertag to a simpler version because the one I created years ago as a young kid has "Killa" at the end of it. When I attempted to change...
  9. I'm being told that my gamertag is not allowed and I don't know why

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm being told that my gamertag is not allowed and I don't know why: Hi all, I don't usually do this, but I am quite frustrated about this. I have been trying to change my Gamertag to my current username '', but am told that it is not allowed. I've not had a...
  10. Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag being changed without me paying or asking for it to be changed: So my gamertag was Sync3917 and i changed it to vReflekzz and then the other day i got on and it was changed back to Sync3917 and now its saying i have to pay to change it back to vReflekzz even...