Gamertag not changing

Discus and support Gamertag not changing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve changed my gamertag like almost a week ago and it still hasn’t changed but they charged me the $10, do y’all know how long it takes for it to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxMROSSxx, Apr 5, 2021.

1. xxMROSSxx
    xxMROSSxx Guest

Gamertag not changing

I’ve changed my gamertag like almost a week ago and it still hasn’t changed but they charged me the $10, do y’all know how long it takes for it to change?

:)

xxMROSSxx, Apr 5, 2021
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  3. WPAK Win User

Dellaphonttii, trying to get my old game tag back that I had switched for my godson who didn't like

4. OK Fowl Win User

Gamertag Removed

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5
    I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a
    result, the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  5. WPAK Win User

gamertag change

Hi there,

I'm afraid there are no free gamertag changes, if a gamertag was deemed to break the CoC/ToU then you will given a generated one and if you want to change the gamertag into something chosen by yourself it will have the fee like any gamertag change.

See this link for the steps:
    support-origin.xbox.com/.../change-xbox-live-gamertag
  6. NaVyXCoMmAnDer Win User

I need a Gamertag change

the only way to change your gamertag is to change it for free if its the first time you are changing your gamertag or to buy a gamertag change for 800 Microsoft points which is $10
Thema:

Gamertag not changing

1. Gamertag not changing - Similar Threads - Gamertag changing

2. Gamertag Change

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Change: I have recently changed my gamertag, from a random one to Cosmic Draco, then for some reason, minutes later, it's Cosmic Draco709. I don't understand why random numbers were added....
  3. I can't change my gamertag, I spent 30$ yet I still got the same one ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't change my gamertag, I spent 30$ yet I still got the same one ??: Like what type of bamboozle is this 15feb2f5-16d0-474c-a1a1-4f1084e7708d
  4. Trouble changing xbox live gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble changing xbox live gamertag: Having trouble changing my gamertag. I have entered my new desired tag. Clicked to confirm. I believe clicked confirm on the pop up confirmation screen. At which point, nothing happens. I have...
  5. How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag

in XBoX on Mobile
    How can I change customize classic gamertag after already changing gamertag: So, I changed my gamertag, and i thought that minecraft was using new gamertag system so i didn't customize classic gamertag, but minecraft using old gamertag system... And now I got a gamertag...
  6. Change Microsoft account associated with gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Change Microsoft account associated with gamertag: Hey! So my issue is this; about a decade and half ago my husband and I initially shared an xbox account & gamertag and what we did was use my email address on his gamertag to set up online...
  7. Xbox gamertag wont change, after I have been charged for the transaction.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag wont change, after I have been charged for the transaction.: Today, March 29th, I decided to change my gamertag from Mvlikk to bliqm, after i comfirmed the purchase and my card was charged, my gamertag is still Mvlikk. Is there any way that i can trigger my...
  8. Gamertag change/ account different : between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag change/ account different : between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique: I can't purchase an aircraft because : because account different between FS2020 purchase and purchasing in FS2020 boutique! Thanks tell me how to do Rgrds ebdceb85-e75a-4392-8a86-9343b56353e5
  9. Massive issues with xbox gamertag change

in XBoX on Windows
    Massive issues with xbox gamertag change: Hi all, unfortunately i earlier had two Xbox/Microsoft accounts with the same "Contexys". One of them was named "Contexys" and the other one "Contexys#7503". To change my name, i used the free...
  10. Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ridiculous reasons for charging gamertag changes.: Despite all the previous questions and responses on this topic I have not read a single valid reason only cheap and ridiculous excuses. Some just blatantly taking advantage of users that do not...