Gamertag/Profile reset??

Discus and support Gamertag/Profile reset?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, i sold my xbox 360 about a year ago and recently bought another and decided to return to gaming. I went to "recover" my gamertag and, upon typing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FoundedList803, May 4, 2014.

1. Gamertag/Profile reset??

Hi, i sold my xbox 360 about a year ago and recently bought another and decided to return to gaming. I went to "recover" my gamertag and, upon typing in the info for my associated microsoft account, the "profile" that it downloaded is NOT the gamertag I
    had been using for years before. It is a completely random name and has no gamerscore, no friends, no messages etc.

How do I get my old gamertag back? Did someone hack my account or something?

:)

FoundedList803, May 4, 2014
  2. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, May 4, 2014
  3. Gamer profile issue

Problem solved created a new sdult profile and linked it old gamertag. Then changed settings and now can play online!

yorkshire rose, May 4, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

Gamertag/Profile reset??

no what happened was you did not enter the correct email/password and when you did that the system gave you a new account with a random generated tag with no game score or game history. you will have to contact support to help get your old account back
    sorry.

davemcfly85, May 4, 2014
  5. Lillithvain Win User

very poor interface

6. Reggie2Raw Win User

Issue with gamertag change

If a person searches for a gamertag's availability in their profile customization, it temporarily reserves that gamertag for a variable amount of time to that profile. For me, it's always from 15-40 minutes. I've searched for a gamertag's availability and
    it says it's available on Profile 1. I make Profile 2 to change it to that gamertag but it doesn't work. But 20 minutes later when I try again to change it to that gamertag on Profile 2, it says it's available. Now this how it is for ME whenever I see a gamertag
    I want on one profile and make another profile for that gamertag. They need to have a guideline in the gamertag customization, telling people what a taken and reserved gamertag mean, and more.
  7. Prymreq Win User

Child Account Catch 22!!!

8. maxen Win User

XBox Live/Gold with Existing Profiles

9. Dirty Loco Win User
Thema:

Gamertag/Profile reset??

1. Gamertag/Profile reset?? - Similar Threads - Gamertag Profile reset

2. XBox 360 Local Profile Gamertag Update Problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBox 360 Local Profile Gamertag Update Problem: Hi, I linked my daughters XBox 360 local profile to a new Xbox Live account and was successfully assigned a random gamertag. When I did this all her stored local data got updated to her new...
  3. Can't access gamertag profile on SA build

in XboX Insiders
    Can't access gamertag profile on SA build: Hi there: Just wanted to report through here (sent reports with previous build and latest - 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_19H2HOLD_1910\18362.7172.190611-1923) that I can't simply access my gamertag...
  4. My Xbox One won't let me connect to my profile/gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox One won't let me connect to my profile/gamertag: Hi, I got an Xbox One from a friend who already had an account with two gamertags. I had my own account and created a gamertag, played for three months without any problem, then purchased a month...
  5. Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Lost email to an Xbox Live account, don't have the profile on my Xbox, but know the Gamertag: Title. I remember my initial Xbox Live account, but I think I made a new one(this one) at some point, but have no way of recovering my old account as I don't remember the email and I no longer...
  6. Child's Profile Name Above GamerTag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child's Profile Name Above GamerTag: Hello, I have an XBox One S and I set up 2 child accounts. Everything worked fine and somehow when I was updating (possibly) payment info, I changed the account name that shows up above the...
  7. Extracting my son's xbox acc. gamertag, gaming history and achievements from my email/profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Extracting my son's xbox acc. gamertag, gaming history and achievements from my email/profile: hi , Now that I feel my son is old enough to have his own email address and profile, how do I do this? I've been going round in circles for days following support instructions and unable to speak...
  8. Can't use Xbox gamertag as forum profile

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use Xbox gamertag as forum profile: Hi, When I loggin, I have a page asking me to use old Microsoft community profile or use my Xbox gamertag instead (gamerpic), but each time I click on it, nothing happens. Is it a bug with the...
  9. Missing Gamertag/Profile Associated with Microscoft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Gamertag/Profile Associated with Microscoft: I couldn't figure out where to put this but I am in quite the situation. Awkward enough I've used a different console for the past roughly 2 years and I finally got back onto my Xbox 360. I have...
  10. Post gamertag change account troubles. Unable to redownload profile back onto 360 console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Post gamertag change account troubles. Unable to redownload profile back onto 360 console.: Okay, here's the shortest way possible that I can explain. Soon after changing my gamertag I attempted to login into my 360 to play some of those great games that aren't currently backwards...