Gamertag Reverted after Two Months

Discus and support Gamertag Reverted after Two Months in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; So over the summer I had heard thar Microsoft was offering free GT changes, and went to check if a few names were available. While doing so I... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by MateoCampbell, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Gamertag Reverted after Two Months

So over the summer I had heard thar Microsoft was offering free GT changes, and went to check if a few names were available. While doing so I accidentally changed my name to something I didnt want, so I paid the ten dollars that same night to change it
    to a name I actually liked. I had that gamertag up to some point in the last two days, when I signed in and saw it REVERTED back to the name I didnt want, even though I had PAID TO CHANGE IT months ago. Any idea of how to get my GT back without paying another
    $10, or even to get a refund if it cant be changed back?

:)

MateoCampbell, Sep 25, 2019
  2. Njal the Blue Win User

Try deleting your account of your Xbox. Go to settings>account>remove account, then perform a power cycle by pressing and holding the power button till fully off, wait 60 seconds, power up and add your account back.
  3. ForzaDrift Girl Win User

4. A Virtual Duck Win User

featured tab not updating

For your first two weeks it will stay on the Setup Features. After that it will revert to actual Featured content.
  5. Nolan Coker Win User

Revert Gamertag

I wish they would add a reversion process (as long as no one stole the gamertag yet) to make it easier. As of right now I don’t think they got one, you can ask support they may be able to help, not completely certain on incidents like this.
  6. sandy the hippy Win User

Revert Gamertag

Any accounts linked to your gamertag will still be linked, to new gamertag.

As far as the reversal of the new naming system, I'm not entirely sure.

You can always check the support page, then hit up contact us for official input.

Gamertag support page

Incidentally, it DOES make it clear on the webpage before changing how many characters can be used, and your suggested name(minus space) would be 12 characters, no?
Thema:

1. Gamertag Reverted after Two Months - Similar Threads - Gamertag Reverted Months

2. Changing my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing my gamertag: So my current gamertag is 'HypexMushipeas' and I have had this for ages. Recently, I have tried to change my gamertag to '' however the website says "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different...
  3. Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag: Everymonth I should get a gamertag change and ive been waiting 2 month's and have not got to change it how can i fix it 922cdc64-848d-4e25-984d-ba5588edc322
  4. Why is the name Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug giving me this gamertag isn't allowed but...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the name Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug giving me this gamertag isn't allowed but...: What is it about Alethea or A1ethea or AletheaBug that is completely disallowed? It gives me "This gamertag isn't allowed. Try a different one." But if I try JitterBug, it suggests JitterBug1080...
  5. Revert new gamertag system change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert new gamertag system change: Hi, on the announcement day of the new gamertag system I changed my GT to Dunny from , I knew about the numbers and thought it would be small like Discord from the screenshots Microsoft showed of...
  6. Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changing Gamertag and Reverting Back: I have an original Xbox gamertag (with no #1234 suffix) prior to the new format that Microsoft implemented last year. If I change my gamertag and then one day decide to revert back to my original,...
  7. Revert Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert Gamertag: Hi all, I recently changed my name on the new system to try it out - without realising I would not be able to get my old name back. They have imposed a shorter character limit on names on the new...
  8. So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...

in XboX Insiders
    So I changed my gamertag to try their new "suffix" way, but I am trying to revert back to...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments]
  9. Need gamertag change/reverted to old one until I want to change it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need gamertag change/reverted to old one until I want to change it.: Here's my case number: 1407458888. I was wondering if you can help me either with getting a new gamertag or reverting back to my old one for now. I was at a funeral yesterday and while I was gone...
  10. My xbox gamertag was forcibly reverted to a default name and i am not able to change it back ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox gamertag was forcibly reverted to a default name and i am not able to change it back ...: Hello Microsoft, i was wondering if you can allow me to change my name for free because it was deemed too offensive and was reverted to a default name. I would like to change it to a non offensive...