Gamertag showing up as does not exist

Discus and support Gamertag showing up as does not exist in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I was invited to Preview, but my gamertag showed up as nonexistant when i was invited. f927969a-b356-4cf6-891f-bf572efcec7b Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by Classic 98, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Classic 98
    Classic 98 Guest

I was invited to Preview, but my gamertag showed up as nonexistant when i was invited.

:)

Classic 98, Jul 26, 2015
  2. WPAK
    WPAK Guest
    Gamertag does not exist

Hi there,

gamertags are unique across several services, one is the xbox live service, but there is aslo the Zune service.

So your gamertag may be in use on one of those other services, that's why it mentiones that it is already in use and why it is saying that the gamertag isn't existing on xbox live.

I don't think there is anything you can do to get it back.

3. Avery Reid
    Avery Reid Guest
    Gamertag does not exist

So, I miss my old gamertag and i would like to change it back. The problem is that it says "this gamertag is already in use". I've searched to see if it was and when I went to add as friend it said "the gamertag does not exist". When i had the gamertag,
    i also had a different email, but for some reason microsoft made me change it. After i changed the email, i changed my gamertag a couple weeks later. Im wondering if this is the reason I cant change it back. I still do have access to the old email account.
    Is there anything i can do to get my old gamertag back?

Avery Reid, Jul 26, 2015
  4. Dr Black Bones Win User

Gamertag does not show up

I can't even see your name in this topic OP. Seems that it might just be some error on the part of the site or something. If everything else is working fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

Taking a look at your profile, I'm seeing the jpg icon too. If I click on it, it takes me to a 404 page.
  6. Eggnogga Win User

You could try firing up your One, have it online, change the profile picture, save it... and then see if it updates.
  7. WAG29 Win User

Yes, OK, thanks for confirming that is isn't just me.

Is there anything I can do about it?
  8. voteDC Win User

Ripped out of a Gamertag?

Neither gamertag shows as existing to me. It's worth noting though that Zune shares the 'gamertag' system, so just because it isn't showing as in use on the 360, does not mean it isn't being used somewhere.
Thema:

1. Gamertag showing up as does not exist - Similar Threads - Gamertag showing does

2. Gamertag is unique, yet shows numbers after.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag is unique, yet shows numbers after.: Hello! I have only just made a new account, and it's been probably over ten years since I have been on live, so this is all new to me. With this new account I had made a new Gamertag, which...
  3. Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed old gamertag to the new system yesterday but instead of showing a # between the...: So right now I'm kinda pissed cause I changed my gamertag yesterday to what it is on all my other games and it said that it would add 4 numbers to the end of my username. That would've been fine...
  4. 2 gamertags showing on the one account

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 gamertags showing on the one account: So my Xbox is displaying my old and new gamertag all of a sudden. My new gamertag was working fine for as long as I can remember then all of a sudden my old tag has popped up. When I play online...
  5. xbox console does not show newly purchased gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox console does not show newly purchased gamertag: I just paid $10 for a new gamertag. How do i get my xbox console to see it?? 06483698-4e4d-4fdb-9134-0fbb8424510c
  6. Xbox One - Day One achievement does not show up on my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Day One achievement does not show up on my gamertag: Dear Xbox one support. Almost a year ago, I pre-ordered the Xbox One Day One edition. This comes with a Day One controller and a card containing an exclusive Day One achievement. When the Xbox...
  7. New gamertag does not show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    New gamertag does not show up: Hi guys, I tried to get help via the Xbox Support on Twitter bud theses did not help me. My problem: I purchased a new gamertag but it does not show up. Not on my Xbox One S and not on the Xbox...
  8. Why does my XBox1 not show my gamertag info from XBox360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my XBox1 not show my gamertag info from XBox360?: Since I upgrader my system to Xbox1 I cannot with my gamer tag information? Why? And what's the fix for this? Please help? e37af193-a154-4c0e-a141-07b83c13bd01
  9. Child gamertag does not show up in my family

in XBoX on Consoles
    Child gamertag does not show up in my family: I recently created a Windows 10 child account and Xbox account for my 7 year old. I can see the Windows account in the Windows family page, but when I go to live.Xbox I don't see the related...
  10. Gamertag does not show up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag does not show up: I hope this is the right place for this sort of question: When I log into the xbox.com site, my gamertag does not show up. For example, if I go here: Sign in to your Microsoft account all I get...