Gamertag suffix and I'm the original

Discus and support Gamertag suffix and I'm the original in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello ! I changed from Xbox to PC so I wanted to bring my gamertag with me. When I created my PC account my gamertag was already taken by my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Adnosius, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Adnosius
    Adnosius Guest

Hello ! I changed from Xbox to PC so I wanted to bring my gamertag with me. When I created my PC account my gamertag was already taken by my Xbox account so I got a suffix (3260). Recently I changed the Xbox gamertag so mine should be available but I still
    got that annoying suffix. How to get rid of it?

:)

Adnosius, Jul 31, 2020
  2. [Farscape] Win User

you didnt need to create another account for pc, you could have just logged in with the account you use on xbox, this would then carry on using your existing gamertag.
  3. Adnosius Win User

I wanted to separate accounts, one for Xbox, one for PC. The only way is to change the gamertag to something else and then back to mine but this means that I would spend 20$ for nothing
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

Suffix in my gamertag

The numbering suffix is used to differentiate gamertags. A change to the gamertag system last year enabled users to have similar gamertags to other, existing players, but to distinguish them from the original one, a numeric suffix is used. If you wish
    to change your gamertag, there is a charge of US$9.95 (or local equivalent) to do so.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

anon screen name

Hi New Jersey Bully,

Have you recently changed your Gamertag? The suffix and numbers are there as the gamertag you chose has already been taken and there for the suffix and numbers are added to differentiate it from the original taken gamertag. Check out the Gamertag
    update FAQ
    for more info.

Not all games support to the gamertag format and therefore that might be why you are seeing what you are.

Hope this helps.
  6. NaZoooom Win User

New gamertag system?

Hi JoJolyne Cujoh,

Check out this Gamertag Update FAQ. The suffix and numbers are added as that Gamertag you have chosen is taken in its original form.
    The only way you can have that Gamertag if it is taken is with the suffix and numbers. If you don't want those numbers, you will have to find another Gamertag you like that's not taken.

Hope this helps :)
Thema:

1. Gamertag suffix and I'm the original - Similar Threads - Gamertag suffix I'm

2. May I get the # suffix added to my gamertag removed or a way to change my GT?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    May I get the # suffix added to my gamertag removed or a way to change my GT?: I want to change my gamertag because of the # suffix added and it makes me pay 10€ so I would like be able to remove the suffix. May I get the suffix removed or be able to get a discount to change...
  3. Gamertag Has Suffix even when its unique

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Has Suffix even when its unique: ive changed my name recently to a name i know no one else has and it has a suffix. anyone else have this problem? 532aec5b-660c-4fb7-b7d4-2d42216e40c8
  4. How do I find the suffix at the end of my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find the suffix at the end of my gamertag?: I've searched high and low and talked to an xbox support rep, but I can't seem to find out anywhere where to find what the suffix is on my gamertag. I don't want to change my gamertag or suffix, I...
  5. Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends: I just now changed my gamertag, but instead of appearing as Colton Price#846 or Colton Price, it appears as Colton Price846 on all ends, including XBOX One. Is my gamertag just waiting to be...
  6. Gamertag suffix on an untaken gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag suffix on an untaken gamertag: Trying to change my gamertag using the free change to something but it comes up with them numbers at the end, ive searched the gamertag and no one has it (without the suffix)...
  7. Xbox Gamertag Suffix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag Suffix: Hello. I know this is going to sound like a really silly thing to complain about, but hopefully you can understand where I am coming from. Today I realized I could change my Xbox gamertag to the...
  8. Suffix in my gamertag

in XBoX on Windows
    Suffix in my gamertag: So recently I started playing Minecraft Windows 10 (Bedrock) again and I wanted to change my gamertag, so I did. I changed it to "", but my other account already was "", so I got these suffix...
  9. Gamertag Suffixes need to be hidden

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag Suffixes need to be hidden: Okay, the new gamertag system seems great at first. You get to change your name to whatever you want pretty much at the cost of adding a small number suffix to your name as an identifier. BUT!!!...
  10. Xbox Gamertag Suffix Ingame

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Gamertag Suffix Ingame: So i just wanted to know, will our Suffix always appear ingame? Will at some point will games have the ability to display our gamertag without the suffix? So i changed my gamertag to Zephyr and...