Gamertag Suffix

Discus and support Gamertag Suffix in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've recently changed my name on xbox to one that I already had on a different account, and obviously I get the suffix on the end of the new one. I was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MattCA1579, Nov 22, 2020.

1. MattCA1579
    MattCA1579 Guest

Gamertag Suffix

I've recently changed my name on xbox to one that I already had on a different account, and obviously I get the suffix on the end of the new one. I was just wondering, because they're both the same name, if I remove the gamertag from the original,
    will the suffix be removed on the newer one? If it's not automatic, will there be a way of doing it myself?

:)

MattCA1579, Nov 22, 2020
  2. AyeeJamesy Win User

Changing Gamertag

Suffixes are 4 digits by default but depend on how many gamers have chosen that gamertag. For a 12-character gamertag, we are
    limited to a 3-digit suffix. For an 11-character gamertag, we are limited to a 4-digit suffix. 10-character gamertag, 5-digit suffix
  3. TimyPastek6907 Win User

Demande d'actualisation le gamertag pour le suffixe[Translation-Request to refresh the gamertag for the suffix]

J'ai vérifié en utilisant un deuxième compte :

Je peux changer le gamertag de ce deuxième compte pour TimyPastek et il n'a pas de suffixe.

Le gamertag TimyPastek sans suffixe est disponible.

I checked using a second account:

I can change the gamertag on that second account to TimyPastek and it doesn't have a suffix.

The TimyPastek gamertag without suffix is available.

[Translation-J'ai vérifié en utilisant un deuxième compte :

Je peux changer le gamertag de ce deuxième compte pour TimyPastek et il n'a pas de suffixe.

Le gamertag TimyPastek sans suffixe est disponible.

I checked using a second account:

I can change the gamertag on that second account to TimyPastek and it doesn't have a suffix.

The TimyPastek gamertag without suffix is available. ]
  4. Smwutches Win User

Something is wrong with this update for gamertag custom. And i hate it.

The suffix is added when you choose a gamertag that is already taken. In order to have a gamertag without the suffix, you would need to choose a gamertag that no one else has.
  5. CptMorgnNoBeard Win User

The new gamertag system

Hi There,

Yes if you change your gamertag to one that has a suffix that suffix will be visible in-game.
  6. Kimberly AnneTecson Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Hi,

You cannot change the suffix that was added to your gamertag. If you'd like to change how the classic gametag appears for locations that don't support modern gamertags, you can se the "Customize classic gamertag" option when reserving your gamertag.
    NOTE: A suffix is added when that exact gamertag is already registered. If you enter a unique gamertag, no suffix will be added.

Thanks
Thema:

Gamertag Suffix

1. Gamertag Suffix - Similar Threads - Gamertag Suffix

2. Gamertag Original Owner with Suffix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Original Owner with Suffix: Hello, I moved my main gamertag name on my new fresh account, this fresh accound included suffix but when I log into my other main account to change the GT to move onto this new fresh one... the...
  3. Removing Suffix of Gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Removing Suffix of Gamertag: Hello Is there a way to remove the Numbers in the gamer tag (ingame)? It is really annoying. Thanks for an/the answer(s) Best regards ec6940cc-c1f0-470d-9ae5-fc716b59f5af
  4. May I get the # suffix added to my gamertag removed or a way to change my GT?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    May I get the # suffix added to my gamertag removed or a way to change my GT?: I want to change my gamertag because of the # suffix added and it makes me pay 10€ so I would like be able to remove the suffix. May I get the suffix removed or be able to get a discount to change...
  5. Gamertag suffix and I'm the original

in XBoX on Windows
    Gamertag suffix and I'm the original: Hello ! I changed from Xbox to PC so I wanted to bring my gamertag with me. When I created my PC account my gamertag was already taken by my Xbox account so I got a suffix (3260). Recently I...
  6. Gamertag Has Suffix even when its unique

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag Has Suffix even when its unique: ive changed my name recently to a name i know no one else has and it has a suffix. anyone else have this problem? 532aec5b-660c-4fb7-b7d4-2d42216e40c8
  7. How do I find the suffix at the end of my gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I find the suffix at the end of my gamertag?: I've searched high and low and talked to an xbox support rep, but I can't seem to find out anywhere where to find what the suffix is on my gamertag. I don't want to change my gamertag or suffix, I...
  8. Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag has numbers instead of using regular suffix on all ends: I just now changed my gamertag, but instead of appearing as Colton Price#846 or Colton Price, it appears as Colton Price846 on all ends, including XBOX One. Is my gamertag just waiting to be...
  9. Gamertag suffix on an untaken gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag suffix on an untaken gamertag: Trying to change my gamertag using the free change to something but it comes up with them numbers at the end, ive searched the gamertag and no one has it (without the suffix)...
  10. Xbox Gamertag Suffix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Gamertag Suffix: Hello. I know this is going to sound like a really silly thing to complain about, but hopefully you can understand where I am coming from. Today I realized I could change my Xbox gamertag to the...