Gamertag system issues

Discus and support Gamertag system issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every gamertag I want has been taken. I wouldn't have a problem with this if it wasn't for the fact that all but one of those Gamertags hasn't been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HpG Shadow, May 3, 2014.

1. HpG Shadow
    HpG Shadow Guest

Gamertag system issues

Every gamertag I want has been taken. I wouldn't have a problem with this if it wasn't for the fact that all but one of those Gamertags hasn't been used since the Original Xbox(they have no Gamerscore, activity, etc.). I want the gamertag The ShadowGamer,
    I've tried many variations and I'm one of those people who doesn't like numbers that stand for letters. Why doesn't Microsoft free these up if they are inactive for so long or have never been on Live since the original Xbox? I mean, hasn't it been like 3-5
    years since they shut down the original Xbox's servers? I mean if it wasn't for the fact that the name is the Youtube account I made just for becoming a Youtuber I wouldn't care that much but I don't want to be TH3 ShadowGamer.

:)

HpG Shadow, May 3, 2014
  2. Zetec Andy
    Zetec Andy Guest
    Whats this lot worth?

No the games great, ive given up with the xbox since microshaft lost my gamertag and gamer score in there system on friday night.

Zetec Andy, May 3, 2014
  3. Osirian08
    Osirian08 Guest
    Live Account over 360 and Xbox One

Has it been stated anywhere how it's going to work if you move to Xbox One & keep your 360 ?

Will you still be able to log into Live with your gamertag on both machines (ie swapping between the two systems at will) or will your gamertag be stuck on the Xbox One ??

Osirian08, May 3, 2014
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Gamertag system issues

They did release original Xbox gamertags a few years ago. But the tag system is used on other Microsoft services as well. So even if it hasn't been in used on the 360, it could still be used elsewhere.

Smwutches, May 3, 2014
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag system issues

They did release original Xbox gamertags a few years ago. But the tag system is used on other Microsoft services as well. So even if it hasn't been in used on the 360, it could still be used elsewhere.
  6. JennyInTheCity Win User

New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

Gamertags has been updated - all new players or those who wish to changed gamertags will now have a n auto generated suffix at the end of their new gamertags. Old gamertags that hasn't been changed are not affected.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/gamertag-updates-faq
  7. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system

Very good write up I didnt know about this thanks for the information and good new about your gamer tag
  8. Xtrem Nitro Win User

For now you can only pay to change Gamertags Unfortunately
  9. DakotaW Win User

Thank you! Yeah, you've been able to use special characters for a while and that's why I thought you could use them with the new system. But yeah unless they change the lack of special characters on the Xbox, they need to make it more clear to those wanting
    to change their GT.
Thema:

Gamertag system issues

1. Gamertag system issues - Similar Threads - Gamertag system issues

2. Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Inactive accounts and the new gamertag system: In 2016 it was announced that Microsoft accounts were subject to deletion after 5 years of inactivity. A year or to ago, I read that the period of inactivity was shortened from 5 to 2 years. If...
  3. #numbers in new gamertag system displayed in game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    #numbers in new gamertag system displayed in game.: Simple issue, I was given a free gamertag change, as everyone did. I should have read it more carefully as I expected it to work like Battle.net or discord account and didn't expect to see some...
  4. Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag?: Hello! I hope you are having a great day! I have a problem: I need to change my gamertag suffix on the old system and keep the new one. I whould not be okay with paying... I whould in that case...
  5. New Gamertag System

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System: My friend wants a 4 letter name and I want one for an alternative account. I have found many, but you need to have them with a hashtag. Also, I found someone in a game called 'b P' and I was like...
  6. Recovering a gamertag when the automated system can't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recovering a gamertag when the automated system can't: So I have an old account that was hacked many years ago back during the 360 era, and I wanted to try recovering it. Using the automated system didn't get me anywhere, and live chat is unable to do...
  7. New Gamertag System Is Terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System Is Terrible: What gives with the new gamertag system. Like we don't need two seperate gamertags for ingame and for the gamertag that shows up on the friends screen. I think it is absolute BS. And one gamertag...
  8. The new gamertag system

in XBoX Accessibility
    The new gamertag system: If I change my gamertag to something that has a suffix, will my friends see the suffix in-game? I know that they won't see it in the friends list, I just wanna know before I commit to a new one....
  9. New Gamertag System Suffix Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System Suffix Issues: I have an alternate account with a gamertag that I preferred over my main account gamertag so I gave my alt. account a new gamertag and then switched mine to my alt accounts original one. However,...
  10. Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feedback for issues with the new gamertag system: I was excited to finally get away from my 12-year old chosen gamertag and get something better when I found out about the new gamertag system and a free name change. When I went to the...