Gamertag Transfer

Discus and support Gamertag Transfer in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi im asking if its possible to transfer an Xbox account to a different email as my old 360 account was created in my dads email however with the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EthanWilliams1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Gamertag Transfer

Hi im asking if its possible to transfer an Xbox account to a different email as my old 360 account was created in my dads email however with the arrival of Halo on PC i would like to have my old account back but tied to my own email

:)

EthanWilliams1, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Loofbox Win User

Impossible to change Microsoft account linked to my Gamertag.

I'm having the same problem, I want to transfer this gamertag to another email. The only problem is while trying to transfer I accidentally created a gamertag on the email I wanted the gamertag to be transferred to. So I followed the directions on the transfer
    gamertag website. The email I now want to transfer my gamertag to is gamertag free, but when I try to transfer now I get Status code: 8016FE6D.
  3. VibroPlex Win User

Transfer content to a different account

Transfer from Console A to Console B through the License Transfer works.

Transfer from Gamertag X to Gamertag Y will not work.
  4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User

xbox live

Unfortunately there is no option to transfer a gamertag's membership to a different gamertag.
  5. pauliejoseph Win User

Friend used wrong account for purchase

What you are talking about (License Transferring) and transferring a game to someone else's gamertag are two different things. When someone buys something off of the market place 2 licenses are issued

1. The Gamertag

2. The console the game was purchased.

Those are the only licenses that are issued. You can not transfer a license from one gamertag to another. What license transferring is, is when you transfer the license from one console to another, not from one gamertag to another.

It is very unfortunate what happened to your friend but the bottom line is your gamertag and the the console it was purchased on owns the license and there is no way to transfer that license to your friend. Unfortunately keanakalia was correct when she said
    that he would have to buy the game under his gamertag, If he wants to own the game himself.
  6. RacketyZebra6 Win User

Two XBOX Live Accounts with two separate gamertags and Borderlands 2 dlc

So I guess a better question would be, are DLC licenses tied to the specific xbox live account that bought them, or the gamertag associated with that account?

If one transfers a gamertag using these steps (support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account),
    does that transferred gamertag have access to the download history of the account it was just transferred to?
Thema:

Gamertag Transfer

1. Gamertag Transfer - Similar Threads - Gamertag Transfer

2. Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring sons Xbox gamertag from my Hotmail account to my Xbox .gmail account.: Hello, I have had two XboxLive accounts running side by side. My first account was set up aeons ago on Xbox360 using my *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. This...
  3. Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I transfer my gamertag to a different Microsoft account?: I've had my GT linked to my parents email since I was super young, and now I'd like to transfer it to my email. Is there any basic way I can do this without going through a ton of support or...
  4. Transferência de Gamertag XBOX para outro Email. [Edit - Translation] - Transfer from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transferência de Gamertag XBOX para outro Email. [Edit - Translation] - Transfer from...: Olá, Eu usava uma conta Xbox em um Email de um responsável, e gostaria de (se possível) transferir os conteúdos da conta para o meu Email que estou usando agora. Eu não sei se é possível mas se...
  5. Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer Parent's GamerTag to Child: Has there been any progress on this apparently long-standing issue with the fact that many children start their XBox experience using their parents Microsoft Account, but ultimately need to have...
  6. Transferring Gamertag from one Microsoft account to another

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring Gamertag from one Microsoft account to another: Hello, I want to transfer my Gamertag from my Microsoft account to my son's microsoft account. Is this even possible? Thnk you. d3a462be-8019-41f2-925d-332022edd551
  7. Transfer of Gamertags Across Microsoft Accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Transfer of Gamertags Across Microsoft Accounts: I know this has been posted on here and I know fine well that it is not within the forum operators or support operators power to do this either. We NEED a way to transfer gamertags. It is a...
  8. Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will we be able to transfer our Gamertag and all of it's Achievements to Xbox Scarlett?: I'd love to keep my Gamertag since it's the same one I have had since 2006. Is there currently any information about transferring our Gamertags to this new Xbox console?...
  9. transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another microsoft account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another microsoft account?: Many years ago we created a Microsoft Account in order for our son, who was very young at the time, to be able to use his Xbox. He is now 21 and wants to move his gamertag over to his own account...
  10. Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why Can't I transfer a GamerTag and associated purchases to a new email?: So 7 or 8 years ago I set up a GamerTag for my sons xbox under my email, because at the time I either didn't know about Microsoft family or it didn't exist. Every game achievement, etc, associated...