Gamertag

Discus and support Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, Recently a friend said me it is free the 1st one you change the gamertag but when I want to change de GT, it asks me to pay for change my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Thebesttruk, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Thebesttruk
    Thebesttruk Guest

Gamertag

Hello,

Recently a friend said me it is free the 1st one you change the gamertag but when I want to change de GT, it asks me to pay for change my gamertag. I never change my GT and I can't change it without paying the change.

Why ?

Thank you

:)

Thebesttruk, Oct 4, 2018
  2. 5000 Free MS Points & 2 Years Live Membership

Gamertage *** is a gamertage?

Avoid like the plague IMO

Captain Speedy, Oct 4, 2018
  3. IndieRock
    IndieRock Guest
    Xbox One Gamesharing specific question

Only during times when Gamertag A is also logged in to Console C.

Also, this isn't how it works. Gamertag A would have to set Console B as their Home console in order for Gamertag B to access their games without A being siged in.

To simplify it, Gamertag A buys a game and from there you have two options:
    1. Any gamertag on Gamertag A's Home console can play the game without them signing in
    2. All other consoles will need Gamertag A signed in to play the game.

IndieRock, Oct 4, 2018
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Gamertag

Sorry to hear it. Although it is true that you get one free change on your gamertag that offer is for accounts created on the console and is time limited.

Also, as automatically generated gamertags are alpha numeric it seems as though your tag has already been changed at least once which would make you ineligible for that offer.

onyxishere, Oct 4, 2018
  5. Thebesttruk
    Thebesttruk Guest
    I chose my GT when I was on X360 for 7-8 years so I never change since the day I started to play on X360.

Thebesttruk, Oct 4, 2018
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Thebesttruk is a chosen gamertag created by the user (you). If this was an Xbox generated gamertag then it would be something like fluffybunny123456. This plus the length of time you've had the tag means that you would need to pay the fee to change your
    gamertag.

onyxishere, Oct 4, 2018
  7. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    It would only apply within 30days of account creation and, as Onyx states, if it was an autogenerated tag that you did not choose.

bowski477, Nov 5, 2018
  8. DrifterX22 Win User

Gamer tag

I received a forced Gamertag change. Can XBLPET let me choose a new Gamertag for free?
    Some rumors give the impression that XBLPET will provide a free Gamertag change to accounts that have received a forced Gamertag change. This is not the case.

In the past, a forced Gamertag change gave users the opportunity to change the offending Gamertag free of charge. Unfortunately, this gesture was prone to abuse, and many people simply chose new, equally offensive Gamertags. As a result,
    the Gamertag enforcement process changed. A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
  9. Njal the Blue Win User

How to take off classic gamertag

The double gamertag is by design, as they transition over to the new gamertag system. Not all games will display the new gamertag system and as stated, your old gamertag will be displayed on 360 backwards compatible games. Any gamertag you create yourself,
    is a custom gamertag.
  10. Stewtendo Win User

Screwed up on my gamertag

These are the steps in order to change your gamertag.

1 On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag

2 Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

3 Select Change Gamertag.

4 Select Enter New Gamertag.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.
  11. KindGryphon Win User

Gamertag change

The gamertag system doesnt recognize things such as spaces or capitalizations in gamertag as making it unique. For example the gamertag system would look at "Gamertag" and "GaMeR TaG" as being the same.

In this case the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" is already in use as the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" with a space which is why it says "BierBuikBarry" is already taken. You would have to wait for "BierBuik Barry" to be inactive on all Microsoft services with that
    gamertag for 5 years (starting in 2016) for the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" to be reset which would in turn free up the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" to be used. That would be the only way to get that gamertag.
  12. Desperado070-9D4B443 Win User

I changed my xbox live gamertag i uninstalled my account and i lost it.

sorry but i don't really understand the problem here.

you lost your gamertag while unstalling your profile.

but what do you want? your old gamertag back?

well if so i'm sorry but for that you gonna have to buy a gamertag change. here is how:

How to change your gamertag on the Xbox 360 console, you can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag during your first log on to Xbox Live for you is made (in other words, if you haven't chosen your gamertag), you can change this gamertag
    once free. Additional changes of the Xbox Live gamertag cost extra. Your Xbox Live gamertag sign on your Xbox console with the Xbox Live gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the price of the change, and then do one of the following: Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag entered is already in use, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions about possible gamertags.

After you have entered a new gamertag or chosen, select Yes, use this gamertag.

When you have your new gamertag confirms, the change is automatically anywhere on Xbox Live. You do not need to tell your friends that you have changed your gamertag: their friends lists are automatically updated.

Did you make a mistake when creating your gamertag?

If you make a mistake when creating your gamertag and you want to change it, then you need to buy a new gamertag. All purchases of gamertags must be performed using the dashboard and cost extra.
Thema:

Gamertag

1. Gamertag - Similar Threads - Gamertag

2. Gamertag name not allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag name not allowed: Hello There, I had recently tried to change my name back to Nazzheer because i liked the name. I had it like a year ago but it says “This name is not allowed.” Anyone know why i cant change it...
  3. Gamertag Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamertag Issues: Hi, I recently changed my old xbox live accounts GT (lets call this Old Acc) to a random name in order to change my new account (New Acc) to the name I had previously. I am quite attached to...
  4. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: Is there a way to revert my gamertag to my old one? 4ff850dc-50e5-4302-b619-5ef613fa4467
  5. Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Due to char. limit unable to change gamertag to previous gamertag.: When i realized that there was a free gamertag change on xbox i jumped at the chance to change my main account name and then create a new account with my now streaming gamertag. what i didn't...
  6. Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not: I want to change my gamertag, but I don't want the numbers behind it. Multiple sources (gamertag.net, checkgamertag.com, etc.) say the gamertag I want isn't taken yet, but when I go to change it,...
  7. Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring)

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Friends List and Party Gamertags not showing up (Xbox Insider Alpha Ring): Aa of March 28th,2020, The Gamertags on my friends lisy and in Party do not show up anymore. I have reported the issue already but I wanted to post here to ask if anyone is having this issue?...
  8. Bring my old gamertag to my newer account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Bring my old gamertag to my newer account: hello there, so i have two xbox accounts. one, an old account under a non-Microsoft email address. and two, an newer one with a Microsoft email address. So as i understand it, you can't merge...
  9. Gamertag change but on Inactive account

in XboX Insiders
    Gamertag change but on Inactive account: Hi, I’m a gaming YouTubed under the name “Neg” for over a decade now and I’d like to change my gamertag to “Neg” however the gamer tag is held by an account which has been inactive for years. The...
  10. I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my gamertag on Xbox and got stuck with numbers at the end: Hey, I changed my gamer tag and then it added numbers to the end that I didn't want. So I wasted a free gamer tag name change and stuck with a name I don't like. Is there any way I can fix it for...