Gamertags are unavailable but seemingly are.

Discus and support Gamertags are unavailable but seemingly are. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I've been looking at different Gamertags to maybe use in the future and seemingly they look like they've been taken but when I search for the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lee Glen, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Lee Glen
    Lee Glen Guest

Hi

I've been looking at different Gamertags to maybe use in the future and seemingly they look like they've been taken but when I search for the gamertag using find someone on Xbox one and search for that gamertag it'll say "We were unable to find a match"
    and using third-party gamertag searches it says its available. Is this a glitch or is it that the gamertag is banned and can't be used anymore. The two example gamertags are Revolver Ocelot and The Sorrow.

:)

Lee Glen, Jul 30, 2019
  2. ngocphi Win User

Gamertaf

Yoi must use the above link which adds a hashtag to your new name to.make.it unique which is auto generated
  3. LiThIuMxFaLcOn Win User

Some gamertags usually just aren't allowed so you can't find them but Xbox is changing how gamertags work in the near future. It's gonna be like Discord in the sense where there's a #0000 at the end of the gamertag. So say when this comes out and you change
    you gamertag to PizzaRoll, it'll be PizzaRoll#0000. The numbers at the end will be random. You'll only be allowed 12 characters for the gamertag too with this.
  4. Smwutches Win User

The system doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique. So while you might look up "gamertag" and it doesn't show up, it may actually be in use as "gamer tag". If you look up both of those gamertags without the spaces, they both show as
    taken.
  5. B Stiality Win User

xbox gamertag

I will now attempt to give you an answer that you can comprehend.

"the gamertag Bonkers says its unavailable"

Unavailable- Not available, accessible, or at hand.

In other words, if the gamertag is unavailable, it is, as a matter of fact, not available.
  6. bbutler18 Win User

Gamertag change

I've had this problem before. If the gamertag is unavailable, then I guess its unavailable... Sorry man.
Thema:

1. Gamertags are unavailable but seemingly are. - Similar Threads - Gamertags are unavailable

2. Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change my gamertag to a name doesn't exist but is also "unavailable": Hello I'd really like to claim an original gamertag name that I have been watching for a long time now, the account appears to be deleted, I checked all possible spaced versions of the tag, it has...
  3. Xbox gamertag unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag unavailable: So Im trying to change my gamertag but it says unavailable. Yet when I do a search it says its unregistered? Ive contacted support multiple times and gotten 3 different answers from 4 different...
  4. Help! My highly specific gamertag is unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! My highly specific gamertag is unavailable: I`m almost 100 % certain that I myself, at some point, claimed my gamertag, but then I couldn`t remember that account. Now that I bought an xbox and entered, I`m fighting myself over the ownership...
  5. Gamertag that does not exist is unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag that does not exist is unavailable: I want to change my gamertag to "FRF Yank". But when I check the availability, it appears as existing. But when I search "FRF Yank" no results are displayed. That is, there is no one with this...
  6. Gamertag unavailable? But it is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag unavailable? But it is...: so I'm wanting to create a new gamertag and rather than pay I thought I'd just make a new account since I'm not precious about gamerscore and my digital games can be shared from my old account but...
  7. Unavailable Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unavailable Gamertag: I understand I'm reaching for the stars on this one but there HAS to be a way to get help with this so please help. I have had the same xbox gamertag for years. I've finally decided to change it....
  8. Non-Profane Gamertag Unavailable, Even Though It Is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Non-Profane Gamertag Unavailable, Even Though It Is.: I have been trying to acquire the Gamertag "Kuma" but it says that it is not available. When I try to do this on my Xbox One it just goes back to the suggestion screen without saying anything...
  9. PayPal unavailable for Gamertag Change

in XBoX on Consoles
    PayPal unavailable for Gamertag Change: Hello. I'm trying to change my Gamertag. However, when I click "Claim it!", the following window pop-up only allows me to add a Credit Card as a form of payment. My Microsoft / Hotmail account...
  10. Apparently an unavailable Gamertag?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Apparently an unavailable Gamertag?: Hi there. I apologize for the length in advance. I was looking into changing my gamertag and was looking for available ones by logging into my Microsoft account online -> going to the xbox...