Gamertags.

Discus and support Gamertags. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I feel like I'm potentially beating a dead horse but what the hell. I'll give it a go. The gamertag 'joey' has not been used since March of 2007.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by brilliant joey, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Gamertags.

I feel like I'm potentially beating a dead horse but what the hell. I'll give it a go. The gamertag 'joey' has not been used since March of 2007. I've wanted this GT for as long as I can remember. Is there any speculation on the release of idle
    tags? I feel like his email address likely at hotmail.com has expired and is available. I have even went as far as offering him $250 for it.

I guess what I really want to know is, has anyone heard of idle gamertags being released? I feel like they should but I'm sure it'll never happen.

:)

brilliant joey, Sep 2, 2014
  2. 5000 Free MS Points & 2 Years Live Membership

Gamertage *** is a gamertage?

Avoid like the plague IMO

Captain Speedy, Sep 2, 2014
  3. thomo
    thomo Guest
    thomo, Sep 2, 2014
  4. CapnSwayz
    CapnSwayz Guest

Gamertags.

Unfortunately once a GT has been used it is never free to be used again by anyone but the original creator of that GT. Also by the way offering money to someone for a GT as well as anyone selling their GT is against Xbox Terms of Use and will get you in
    trouble. Just FYI

CapnSwayz, Sep 3, 2014
  5. Stewtendo Win User

Screwed up on my gamertag

These are the steps in order to change your gamertag.

1 On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE gamertag

2 Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

3 Select Change Gamertag.

4 Select Enter New Gamertag.

Once you enter or select a new gamertag, select Yes, use this gamertag.
  6. KindGryphon Win User

Gamertag change

The gamertag system doesnt recognize things such as spaces or capitalizations in gamertag as making it unique. For example the gamertag system would look at "Gamertag" and "GaMeR TaG" as being the same.

In this case the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" is already in use as the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" with a space which is why it says "BierBuikBarry" is already taken. You would have to wait for "BierBuik Barry" to be inactive on all Microsoft services with that
    gamertag for 5 years (starting in 2016) for the gamertag "BierBuik Barry" to be reset which would in turn free up the gamertag "BierBuikBarry" to be used. That would be the only way to get that gamertag.
  7. Desperado070-9D4B443 Win User

I changed my xbox live gamertag i uninstalled my account and i lost it.

sorry but i don't really understand the problem here.

you lost your gamertag while unstalling your profile.

but what do you want? your old gamertag back?

well if so i'm sorry but for that you gonna have to buy a gamertag change. here is how:

How to change your gamertag on the Xbox 360 console, you can easily change your Xbox Live gamertag. If your gamertag during your first log on to Xbox Live for you is made (in other words, if you haven't chosen your gamertag), you can change this gamertag
    once free. Additional changes of the Xbox Live gamertag cost extra. Your Xbox Live gamertag sign on your Xbox console with the Xbox Live gamertag that you want to change.

Go to Social, and then select your gamertag.

Select Change Gamertag.

Note the price of the change, and then do one of the following: Select Enter New Gamertag. If the gamertag entered is already in use, you will be prompted to try another gamertag.

Select Get Suggestions about possible gamertags.

After you have entered a new gamertag or chosen, select Yes, use this gamertag.

When you have your new gamertag confirms, the change is automatically anywhere on Xbox Live. You do not need to tell your friends that you have changed your gamertag: their friends lists are automatically updated.

Did you make a mistake when creating your gamertag?

If you make a mistake when creating your gamertag and you want to change it, then you need to buy a new gamertag. All purchases of gamertags must be performed using the dashboard and cost extra.
  8. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Gamertag was reported, no free change

As stated in the enforcement site:

"If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
    . "
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Aa

If you create an offensive or inappropriate Gamertag, it will be replaced with a new automatically-generated Gamertag doesn't matter for how long you had it.

A forced Gamertag change now automatically assigns a new Gamertag to the account, much in the same way a system-generated Gamertag is provided when you first sign up for Xbox Live.

If a player is unhappy with the assigned Gamertag and wishes to change it, he or she may purchase a new Gamertag through the

standard Gamertag change process
Thema:

Gamertags.

1. Gamertags. - Similar Threads - Gamertags

2. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: I paid to change a gamertag change and it hasn't worked b708e604-833c-49eb-aacb-3660d2b01b2a
  3. demande pour libérer le gamertag d'un compte inactif[Translation-request to free the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    demande pour libérer le gamertag d'un compte inactif[Translation-request to free the...: Le Gamertag que je veux est utilise par un compte qui n est pas actif 0g etc l utilisatreur ne l utilise pas [Translation-The Gamertag I want is used by an account that is not active 0g etc l...
  4. Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag: My xbox gamertag is dellorlul when it should be . The in game name is but i want both of them to be . I didn't ask for this change please help. 4e18720b-929e-460a-b356-601b856352ae
  5. Random GamerTag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Random GamerTag change: Okay, so this happened a couple days ago. I haven’t been playing my xbox one for quite a bit because I have been taking a break but I noticed my Gamer Tag has been switched from to Rive#62347 or...
  6. Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag: Hi guys , I changed my gamertag a couple of months ago for the 2nd time so obviously paid for it but recently when I turn xbox on it comes up with my old gamertag on top of my new one, any ideas ?...
  7. When I was choosing an GamerTag, my own GamerTag didn't set, but generated set.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I was choosing an GamerTag, my own GamerTag didn't set, but generated set.: Hello everyone. 3 months ago I tried to claim my Minecraft Win10 edition. I have no Xbox account, so I decided to create it. When I must chose a gamer tag, after inputting my own GamerTag, it...
  8. Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag: I recently changed my gamertag. (And paid the $9.99) Instead of fully changing to my new one it still appears as my old gamertag on xbox and on party overlay. This doesnt just apply to me. I have...
  9. compte gamertag , probleme sur horizon 4

in XBoX on Consoles
    compte gamertag , probleme sur horizon 4: bonjour j'ai besoin d'aide je n'ai pas tricheé et j'ai recu recement ce message sur le jeux forza le message c'est : votre gamertag été exclus de cette fonctionnalité. Pourtant aucune triche j'ai...
  10. probleme de compte sur forza horizon "gamertag"

in XBoX on Consoles
    probleme de compte sur forza horizon "gamertag": hello I need help I did not cheat and I received this message on the games forza the message is: your gamertag has been excluded from this feature. Yet no cheatI have a standard Xbox console:...